Chapter One - Not Anymore

THE EXO PLANET

Chapter One

Krystal’s POV

 

I walked through the hidden tunnel here in the Xaviers. They have a new security guard and that idiotic creature didn’t let me in the school grounds. So here I am, praying not to be caught wearing an another school uniform.

 

I saw the light coming from outside so I did my best to jump out. The fresh air welcomed me as I enter the girls’ dormitory. Everyone looked so surprised seeing me here with another uniform. I can hear the whispering, asking each other why I transferred school.

 

I saw someone from afar, eating an ice cream with her boyfriend clinging on her. “Sulli-yah!” She looked at me with her eye smile and is now running towards me.

 

“Jung Soo Jung! Yah, how come you’re missing for weeks! You told me you’ll visit!” I’m used to her loud sentiments but she’s so much brighter than usual.

 

“What’s with the bright smile, Sulli? Is there something new or something you’re not telling me?” We’re best friends and I know everything about her, I don’t like that I’m missing something from her just because we have a different school!

 

“Well, remember your dream of making Xaviers as the champion for the national competition? Well well well, we have some help from the freshmen!” I am from this university but my family has a tradition wherein every ‘Jung’ needs to graduate at the Olympus International University and it ! I’m dedicated to this school and I promised the basketball team that we’re going to the championship together. Guess, I betrayed them after all.

 

“Well, base from my experience.. Freshmen are full of potentials but they lack of dreams.” Sulli didn’t even flinch her smile and now I got it, Sulli believes in them. “Okay, I want to meet them.”

 

In no time, we arrived at the school’s gymnasium and I can hear dribbling balls inside. Guess, they’re having drills.

 

“Hi Sulli! About time, Minho hyung is looking for you. You need to watch our drills.” We bumped into a tall man, smiling ear to ear and he didn’t seem to notice me.

 

“Ah yes! I’m about to enter, by the way.. Chanyeol! This is Krystal, my best friend.” Then I got his attention, I gave him a boring look and a smirk. He gave me his (maybe normal) ear to ear smile and bowed at me.

 

“You’re the previous manager of the team, right? I’m Chanyeol, center, and a newbie.” We shook hands and the he excused himself.

 

“So Sulli, why do you need to watch them drill?” I turned to her and she showed me her awkward smile..

 

“Well, after you left.. Minho oppa seems so depressed because they lost you. You know everything about the team and how to manage them. He doesn’t trust anyone right? So I volunteered.. I know you’re still the best manager in the world and I am not 20% of your level.” She seems guilty about being their manager.. but I feel so proud that she took the chance to be their manager. I know Sulli, she doesn’t have enough passion for basketball but she have more than passion for the whole team. The team is her family, our family and we want the best for our family.

 

“Thanks for doing this to the family.” She smiled and we entered the gym hand in hand.

 

“If you’re here because you just want to play basketball, I don’t need you here. Remember, we’re here for our dreams.. not to play.” I’m sure that Minho is orienting the freshmen since I heard him say this for three years now. I saw him looking at me and smiled. “So here’s the old and you’re new manager.”

 

We walked towards them and eyed some of the newbies, “Hi everyone, I’m Krystal Jung, the former basketball manager of Xaviers. I’m pleased to meet you.” I smiled at them and I turned my gaze to the man with unfamiliar gaze.

 

“That is Sehun, Soojung. Silent type but he’s killer on court, trust me.” Sulli whispered, I tried to avoid his gazes and met some man’s smiling stare. “Oh, you know Chanyeol. He has incredible talents, trust me. Well that guy beside him..” I looked at his side and I saw a guy leaning his head on his training bag, and for a second I thought he’s sleeping but I know he’s aware of his surroundings. “That’s Lay, you gotta see his skills, Krystal. Trust me he’s superb!”

 

Jonghyun Oppa and Onew Oppa greeted me with a welcoming smile on their face. I saw some of the old team members too and I feel so warm seeing them again. I hope they’ll be the champion this year, some of them are graduating this year. Specially Minho Oppa, he’s an amazing captain, and I know it’ll mean a lot if they’ll win this year.

 

“And that’s baekhyun, I don’t know if there’s really something unusual to him but yeah, Sehun, Chanyeol, Lay and Baekhyun are pretty much better than the rest of the freshmen.” Baekhyun is having a serious talk with Minho oppa and when I saw his eyes with an eyeliner.. I realized something.

 

“Oh my gosh, Sulli. They are..” Sulli squealed in happiness, jumping up and down, she held my shoulder and then she said the words I want to hear.

 

“Yes! Yes! Yes! They are one of the former members of the EXO Planet!” I never thought that someone from the EXO Planet will be able to play with my team. And now I can see four of them in front of me! “Can you believe it, they say they are prodigies! Well, you know I don’t know much about basketball and of course I don’t know them.. but Soojung they might be our chance to championship!”

 

“Your chance, Sulli. I’m not a part of the team anymore.” She froze in front of me then she gave me her warmest smile.

 

“You are always part of the team.. Soojung.”

 

Not anymore.

 

---