Shirts

Shirts

SHINee is one of the top groups in SM entertainment, they have a cool image of either y boys with cool style or sweet boys who love older women. Either way, they are cool and fun boys. Well, that’s what their image in. In reality, they’re fanboys. To be more specific, they’re Red Velvet fanboys. To be even more specific, Jonghyun and Minho are Red Velvet fanboys. Since the girls debuted, those two have been the most outspoken about their love for them.

 

Jonghyun mainly does his fanboying on Twitter, posting their music videos and promoting not only them but SHINee as well. He also attends most of their performances on music shows and can be seen on the sidelines trying to follow the choreography. He really loves Red Velvet. Minho on the other hand, his tenderheart ways get the better of him when it comes to his labelmates. He always cheers on the girls from behind the scenes and always volunteers to be the MC whenever they have a special going on. He just really, really likes them.

 

So when he realized that Irene’s birthday was quickly coming up, he scrambled to find the perfect present for her. They’re pretty close in age so they were both comfortable around each other, but she was closer to Kibum since they were both from Daegu. But for Minho, he found her to be one of the prettiest girls he had ever seen in his entire life. That was why he was so determined to give her a present that would make her happy and he would get to see that beautiful smile of hers. The biggest problem is...he doesn’t know what to get her.

 

He asked s for advice on what they think he could get her. Taemin suggested that he gave her oral...Minho simply rolled his eyes and turned his attention to the others. Jonghyun suggested that he give her a signed copy of Base, which he just happened to have on hand. Minho ignored him as well. Jinki suggested a big teddy bear, which wasn’t a bad idea at all. But Kibum has the most simple, yet best idea ever. He suggested that he buy her an article of clothing, it was simple, yet caring enough to show that he thought about her.

 

As Minho walked through the mall, he looked at all of the clothes and soon found himself puzzled again. He wasn’t sure what Irene would like at all. Whether she’d like something simple, something frilly, something that showed skin, or something that covered her up. What if he picked the wrong gift and she completely hated it? He bit down on his lip nervously as he looked through the clothing options. He didn’t want to disappoint her, he hated disappointing people. After standing there for a complete fool for a couple of minutes, Minho took in a deep breath and finally picked out a shirt. It was a simple floral tank top, one that he knew would look pretty on her. He smiled softly and hoped that she would like it, he only wanted her to be happy.

 

When the day finally arrived, Minho was a nervous wreck. The shirt was already nicely wrapped thanks to Jinki, but he was so nervous about giving it to her. What if she hated it? What if it didn’t even fit? He was about to just forget the whole thing and not give it to her before Jinki gripped his shoulder and pushed the gift into his arms.

 

“Just relax. Go to their dorm, give it to her, and smile when you see how happy she is. Okay?” The man’s words were simple but it put Minho at ease. He thanked him and gave him a tight hug before hugging the gift to his chest and walking out. He reached Red Velvet’s dorm in a matter of minutes and his nerves took over him again. He swallowed nervously as he hesitated to knock on the door, taking a deep breath before knocking on it. He waited for a few seconds until the door was open, revealing Irene.

 

She was absolutely beautiful standing there. Her blonde hair was down to her shoulders and she was dressed in a simple t-shirt and leggings. Even though she looked so simple, Minho felt almost breathless by how beautiful she was. He must have been staring at her for a while because she tilted her head as she stared up at him.

 

“Is something wrong, Minho?” She asked and he snapped out of his trance.

 

“Happy birthday!” He said with a smile and handed her the package. Irene gasped softly as she stared down at it before smiling up at him.

 

“Thank you so much! Come on it!” She said as she opened the door wider and let him in. Minho followed her into the dorm and stood as she sat down on the couch. He watched as she opened the package, a small gasp leaving her when she took out the tank top and looked over it. “It’s so beautiful! Thank you so so much, Minho!” She jumped up and hugged him tightly, her arms draped around his neck. He smiled and returned the hug, lifting her up slightly which earned a light giggle from her. As they pulled away, she pressed a soft kiss to his cheek which caused him to blush deeply.

 

“You’re the best.” She said with a smile as she looked down at the top. Minho was speechless for a bit before he shook his head and finally tried to gather himself.

 

“It’s no problem, I want you to have a great birthday and be happy.” He said with a small smile as she looked up at him. Their eyes met and it felt like time stood still, the sweet moment being interrupted by the rest on Red Velvet walking in. When they saw him, they all greeted him with bright smiles. He returned the greeting and smiled as he walked to the door.

 

“I should be going. Nice seeing you all. And...happy birthday again, Irene.” He smiled at her and she bowed her head, returning the smile. He walked out and closed the door behind him, exhaling and smiling brightly. He really, really likes Red Velvet...especially Irene.

 

Thank you for reading! Happy birthday to rap god baechu, a.k.a Irene!!!