Final.

Fool

Baekhyun watches from a distance as Chanyeol slowly destroys himself. Watching as he slowly starts eating less, sleeping less, smiling less, slowly starts leaving marks on his beautiful skin. He watches as Chanyeol slowly transform into someone else.

 

How do you do it?” He asks one day when they're eating.

 

Chanyeol gives him a knowing look, he smiles weakly, he's pushing the food around on his plate. The peas rolling to the side. “It's easy once you get the hang of it.” He speaks about it so casually as though it is something you can learn overnight. “You see, you smile.” Chanyeol gives him a dashing smile. “They'll think you're okay, so to continue with that lie just laugh and joke around.” He lets a loud laugh leave his chest. Baekhyun's throat is going dry by now. “And now to fool people closer to you,” The taller points at Baekhyun. “You push your food around a bit and continue to talk.” Chanyeol is staring right at the smaller, smile on his lips.

 

How was your day?” He asks, “Did practice go well?” He continued to ask questions, “The weather is so lovely today.”

 

Baekhyun was so interested in what he was saying, he hadn't noticed that Chanyeol had put his fork down, thrown another plate onto his own and gotten up. “It's quite easy once you've got people wrapped around your finger., once you convince them that you're okay, everything is so easy.”

 

Chanyeol leaves the room, Baekhyun now notices the plate. Barely even touched.

 

Baekhyun slowly watched as Chanyeol destroyed himself.

 

He too was fooled by the front that the taller put up.

 

He wasn't okay.”

 

Just because someone smiles and laughs doesn't mean they're actually okay.

 

Baekhyun learned this from the happiest person he knew – Park Chanyeol.