first and last

House Party Cupids

7:23PM

"Right, if we're going to play cupid, we're going to do it right." Chanyeol spoke to the small crowd of his personal idiotic posse of fellow college men in varying degrees of education gathered on either side of him creating a large shadow over a lone Coke bottle on the carpeted hard wood floor. The large room was illuminated by a mix of artificial yellow light of the ceiling lamp and the already pre planned mix of alarmingly neon disco lights contrasting with the slowly setting darkness of past 7pm. 
"Park Chanyeol, this may just be the worst idea you've had since you decided that soil from the plant next to your bed makes a nutritional meal for Baekhyun's poor goldfish," spoke a small figure to the left of Chanyeol, his small hands ruffling a short chestnut fringe away from his rounded face, but Baekhyun wasn't there to retaliate. 
"You know Soo,I didn't hear him complaining and I don't particularly need you complaining either, this is the best we could come up with since the last time we saw them sleeping in the same bed,"  was spat back as quickly as the first accusation through laughter. 
"What, you mean yesterday?" was thrown into the crowd by a tall figured, loose black v neck adorned, platinum blonde Sehun standing bang in centre of the small crowd, and a fit of laughter erupted through the only temporarily empty room.
"See, I am a genius, and its better that we intervene with their personal lives as quickly as possible," announced Chanyeol, while the whole 6 foot ridiculous of him was shaking with laughter and not even a smidge of guilt. 
And so it was decided. With muted protests from Kyungsoo, some engineering help from Internet and a couple of inexplicably acquired injuries later, the spin the bottle bottle was rigged and Operation Get Baek and Jongdae to Stop Being So No Homo was go. 
9:37PM 
The now pitch black sky peered through the windows of the same previously empty room, now filled with jumping bodies of mostly unknown fellow students, unhealthy bright disco lights and a steady pulse of bass shaking the entire building. Drinks almost as alarmingly bright as the neon lights were passed around and spilled, this organised chaos being led by none other than Chanyeol at his throne; at the far back end of the room was a raised platform covered in expensive looking equipment. He lowered his headphones around his neck, when he saw 2 short figures of brown and browner hair, trying to plough through the bouncing sea of people. 
Chanyeol discarded his responsibilities as a DJ, the playlist of even more deep house and came off his throne and into the peasant crowd; he would do anything to prove Soo wrong. 
He inched nearer and nearer to the soon to be forced couple with numerous shoves and forceful pushes. His smile spread from ear to ear, and he grabbed his victims and pulled them back to the other side of the room. The journey was wordless, but not silent and any protest the two abductees could have made was muffled completely by the thundering of electronic music now blaring on its own accord.
Chanyeol released their wrists only when they arrived by the drinks table adorned by dangerously breakable bright bottles of liquids that could give you a from just looking at them.
"DRINK, HAVE FUN AND COME BACK HERE AT SOME POINT," Chanyeol almost screamed into their poor unsuspecting faces, before making a ungraceful, somewhat intoxicated beeline into the crowd. 
Baekhyun and Jongdae could do little more but exchange glances and an affirmative nod or two before picking up a bottle each of whatever the hell was the closest to them. 
With a few chugs that felt like they were burning holes in their throats and permanently damaging their digestive systems, both of the unsuspecting victims were soon lost in the crowd. 
01:??AM 
The previously blinding lights filing the almost non existent space in the room were blurred into a spectrum in Jongdae and Baekhyun's eyes, as they, as promised, made their way back to the drinks table for, definitely not more drinks. 
"I want uh, the blue one, that's the one," Jongdae mumbled as he reached through his somewhat blurred vision as if trying to turn on a switch in a pitch black room.
Baekhyun's hand immediately extended to help, but it was immediately off routed when it was once again grabbed by Chanyeol. Even in his current state he somehow knew that Jongdae was being dragged along too, and he was okay with that. 
Even the uncountable sweaty bodies he was slammed against to get to the back room were worth it; they were playing his favourite almost- unconscious game.
The back room was no exception to the re-decorating the house suffered in the last few hours; it was mostly black with pulsating spurts of colour here and there, red plastic cups adorned every empty shelf or table there was and, of course, what party would be complete without a passed out Jongin in the corner? Baekhyun smiled to himself, and attempted to subtly nudge Jongdae but ending up tripping over nothing except his regrets, and ending up being scooped up unceremoniously by his nudge target. 
"Guys, bros, Chanyeol, wanna play?" screamed Sehun, his throat raw, from presumable partying, and his arm dangerously tight around Tao's neck. 
"Hell yeah they do! I mean, I do," Chanyeol replied and took the lead of going to sit down first.
From Baekhyun's point of view,  a kindergarden like circle of wasted late-teens would've seemed ironic if his brain wasn't in a state where it couldn't process irony. Or see somewhat manipulative motives behind his mates suggestions to a "friendly" game of spin the bottle. 
He turned to Jongdae with a flashing smile, 
"Nothing to lose, right?" 
The reply was an equally large, and maybe even bigger smile accompanied by a cackle from Jongdae. A few paces, and sit later, they too, were a part of the drunk kindergardener circle squad. 
"Hell yeah, I knew you guys couldn't say no," was heard among the many cheers and was that a wolf whistle? produced by the other give or take 7 guys that could actually form coherent sentences at this point. 
Since the game was always started by the maknae, traditions were kept and a bottle was spinning on the floor by the pale free hand of Sehun. 
As the bottle was coming to a slow stop, the cheers grew louder but Sehun's face grew paler.
The the bottle had chosen a somewhat sleepy looking Yixing, but before the bottles decision could become a reality, Sehun's hand was already moving the bottle so that it faced Tao while mumbling something about it being rigged goddamn wrong.
And like that, they were 2 people less and considering themselves lucky enough that they couldn't hear next door. 
"Hey Baek, its your turn," was it Minseok? Huh, maybe Luhan said and pushed the empty Coke bottle towards Baek.
With no other choice, he took the plastic bottle in his hands and spun it on the now disgusting floor, a growing feeling of anxiety stuck in the pit of his stomach. He won't remember this tomorrow, he repeated to himself.
The bottle was slowing down, and time was speeding up for Baek, time of doom that is. To nobody's surprise except Baekhyun's own the bottle landed on a Jongdae; legs adorned in black ripped skinny jeans sprawled in the middle of the circle, his upper body leaning back onto his elbows, dark brown hair slicked back into a quiff, but most infuriatingly of all a smug as smirk played on his face. 
An eruption of almost preplanned cheers and general persuasive noises appeared around them and Baekhyun's stomach dropped; it couldn't be. 
"No, no, guys, he's like my best friend, that would be weird, right?" Baek was frantic and turning for much needed help for Jongdae, while Jongdae had stayed in the same exact chill position, maybe his smirk even wider. 
Baek's statement or more of a plead for pride was greeted by boo's and disgruntled noises from all directions.
"Oh come on, if you're /just/ best friends, kissing once doesn't change anything now does it?" Baekhyun was too panicked to even register who that bastard was, before chants of "DO IT, DO IT" filled his surroundings to the brim of thoughtlessness. 
He turned his eyes to face Jongdae and plead for help hoping that he would have wiped that stupid grin off his face and was also on the verge of a mental breakdown. 
Baekhyun had never been more wrong in his life; not only was Jongdae calm, collected and somewhat pleased he was also approximately 3 inches away from Baek's face. 
At a disance like this, all Baek could focus on was his steadily rising heart beat and Jongdae's warm breath on his face.
Before being given a chance to register anything happening in the present reality, his last view was Jongdae's lips, mouthing the words "do it" before the gap between them was closed and both parties swore that they were going to lose at least 70% of their hearing after the cheering died down. 
Baekhyun's heart gave a violent thump against his chest as a response to the infuriating calmness of Jongdae's lips pressed against his own. The fact that this was far more than a friendly affair could be proven by the way Baek's fingers were curling around the back of the elders sweat soaked Rolling Stones shirt or the way in which a content humming sound escaped the back of his throat when he felt himself
being pulled closer. The surrounding were melting around them, and Baek's sanity was slipping with every tongue movement made deliberately, to drive him insane.
After what could've been seconds or forever, they found themselves pulling away in an equally loud but somewhat emptier room. They exchanged glances through slight pants, both now hyperaware of the giggling that could be heard from outside of the door. That is how Bakehyun's subliminal suspicions of a higher power, or in this case a taller power of Park Chanyeol working against him was true. Almost as true as the fact that every single bastard behind that door better have a deathwish. 
"We wont remember this tomorrow, 
right?" 

They did remember this tomorrow; and what came afterwards.