Guardian Soul

Guardian Soul

 

You lied on your bed with a deep sigh as you just finished unpacking your things and cleaning your new apartment. As you were about to fall asleep, your phone suddenly rang. “yoboseyo?” you answered your phone as you rubbed your eyes.

 

“~~~~-ah! Let’s go clubbing!” Your friend, Yeonju invited.

“What time?” You asked Yeonju

 

Yeonju rolled her eyes and said “Girl, have you seen what time it is? It’s already 9pm. Why don’t we go now”

 

You glanced at the clock at your night stand and said “okay then. I’ll see you guys at 10”

“Should I pick you up or you go alone?” Yeonju asked

 

You smirked “What am i? A baby? I can go alone”

 

Yeonju rolled her eyes again “Cocky much? Bye~” she said then she hang up.

 

-

 

After preparing, you went to the club where you would meet your friends.

 

As you got out of your car, all eyes were on you. You smirked and flipped your hair. You didn’t bother getting at the back of the line as you walked straight to the entrance. “Mind if I crash in?” she asked the guard.

 

The guy smirked “I thought you changed clubs already. Get in. Everyone’s waiting for a hot babe inside”

 

You giggled and went in the club. As you got inside, you already knew where to go. You had been there for a lot of times already so most of the people there know you. You and your friends even able to get a VIP room for you to hang out whenever you go to the club.

 

“Well, hello ” You greeted as you approached your friends.

 

Suzuki rolled her eyes and handed you a drink “Well hello there, ” she greeted back

 

Yeonju and Dasom giggled “you two seriously have issues” they both said

 

You shrugged as you took the drink from Suzuki and sat next to her “SHE has issues. This kept on calling me a . Such a great best friend” you rolled her eyes

 

“At least I am a honest one. Unlike those two fake girls with us” Suzuki snorted

 

“YAH!” Yeongju and Dasom reacted.

 

“True” You said as you took a sip from your drink

 

“You two are so mean! No wonder you’re best friends!” Yeonju pouted

 

Suzuki smirked “girl, we’re far from being nice. Don’t be fooled by our innocent looks”

 

Yeonju rolled her eyes “As what I expected” she muttered

 

“Where’s Kwanghee?” You curiously asked

 

“What do you think? Of course she’s dancing with random guys already” Dasom bitterly answered

 

“Aww. Did she steal your guys again?” You mocked

 

“Shut up! They’re just drunk, that’s why they chose her over me!” Dasom said

 

“Whatever~” You said as you stood up “You guys gonna stay and rot there or wanna have some fun?” You raised a brow

 

“Hell, I wanna have some fun. I don’t wanna rot with these two” Suzuki stood up

 

“Yeah right. Keep on getting mean to us!” Yeonju rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time already.

 

Suzuki smirked “As you wished” Then she dragged you to the dance floor.

 

“Selfish brat!” Yeonju yelled as she crossed her arms and pouted.

 

-

 

After clubbing with your friends, you decided to go back home. “!” you cursed as you suddenly got a headache. “You’re not supposed to come until I wake up!” you shouted, as if your headache would go away. You didn’t bother to change your clothes when you collapsed on your bed and went to your deep slumber.

 

A few minutes after you fell asleep, the other half of the blanket that you were lying on suddenly went over you. “Cozy…” You mumbled as you snuggled on your blanket.

 

A few weeks have passed by, and everything was normal for you. School was being a , as usual but that didn’t matter for you as long as you can have fun and have good grades at the same time.

 

You were heading out of your apartment to meet your friends for clubbing when you suddenly saw a figure standing in the living room. You spun around and saw him. He was intensely staring at you with his eyes. “W-Who are you?!” you stuttered, thinking that he was a , thief or anyone that can harm you. After you asked a question, he suddenly disappeared. Your eyes widened “!” You cursed “Was that….” Without finishing your sentence, you raced out of the house and drove to the club where you’ll meet your friends.

 

“Woah! That fast?” Suzuki asked as she saw you went out of your car “usually it would take you an hour to get here but today it only took you half an hour”

 

“Suzuki, do you believe in ghost?” You curiously asked

 

Suzuki raised a brow “Ghost? That’s ridiculous. They don’t exist and you’re the one who proved that to me so why suddenly ask?”

 

You shook your head and smiled “Nothing. I just thought you’re still a scared ” you smirked as you went in the club before her. You decided to forget what happened at your apartment, because Suzuki was right, ghost doesn’t exist and you proved that a hundred of times already.

 

Suzuki just rolled her eyes and followed you.

 

-

 

While you were dancing with your friends and random guys, someone suddenly caught your attention from afar. You stared at the familiar face. It was him. And you’re sure about it. You could easily tell it was him because of his scary gaze. You then stopped dancing and were thinking of approaching him when he suddenly vanished again.

 

“~~~~-ah, you okay?” Kwanghee curiously asked

 

You shook your head and faked a smile “Yeah. Let’s continue dancing!”You started dancing again but your mind wasn’t on the dance floor. It was with him. ‘Who is he?’ You asked yourself.

 

-

 

After some weeks, things weren’t normal for you. He would always show up whenever you’re having fun. Whenever you’re in the apartment, you felt like he was always there watching you.

 

“Aish!” You cursed as you ruffled your hair “I think I’m going crazy” You muttered

 

“Are you?” A voice suddenly asked

 

Your eyes widened as you looked to your left and saw him standing next to you. “W-who are you?!” you asked as you stuttered

 

He just shrugged “Find out” he said before he vanished

 

“Aish!” You ruffled your hair again in annoyance.

 

You headed downstairs to meet the land lady after what happened to your apartment. “What can I help you?” The land lady asked

 

“I’m just wondering…Was there someone else living in the apartment that I’m renting now before I did?” You asked

 

The landlady nodded “Of course, this building isn’t new” she answered

 

“Can I know who lived there before?” You asked again

 

The landlady sighed “Six years ago, when this building was new, one family rented it. But after 4 years, the parents had to go to America for some work so their son was left there. But last year, that boy died with blood cancer. He was so sweet and caring, I treated him like my son but now he’s gone” her eyes suddenly became moist.

 

“Can I see a photo of him?” You curiously asked, thinking that he might be the same boy that is bothering you.

 

“Yeah. Just wait here” The landlady said as she went inside a room. After some few seconds, she finally came back out with a photo. “Here he is” she showed you the photo

 

Your eyes widened as you recognized him. “It really is him….” You mumbled

 

“What?” The landlady asked as she didn’t really hear what you just said.

 

 “Can I ask you what his name is?” You asked

 

The landlady looked at you suspiciously “Why are you suddenly interested?” she asked

 

You just shrugged “Can’t I know the past where I am staying?”

 

The landlady sighed in defeat. His name is L”

 

“L…” You repeated.

 

“Is that all you need?” she asked

 

You smiled and nodded “Yup. Thank you” You bowed then you went back to your apartment.

 

You closed the door and looked around the living room for any trace of him. You didn’t spot him so you headed to the kitchen. When he was nowhere to be seen, you decided to go and look for him in your bed room. But when you were about to head out the kitchen, a voice suddenly said “Looking for me?”

 

You gasped and spun around “Can you please stop doing that?!” You frowned at him.

 

He ignored her question, or more likely, her demand, and asked “Why were you looking for me? Aren’t you scared?”

 

“L-ssi…” You started “why are you here?”

 

“So you researched about me, huh?” L said then shrugged “I don’t know why either”

 

You frowned “Then go away. Go to heaven or something. Stop disturbing me”

 

“I believe I still have a mission here. I could have gone to heaven already if I could” L snapped

 

You rolled your eyes “Maybe you belong to hell”

 

“Please, you’re the one who belongs there” L snorted

 

“Aish! What do you want?!” You asked

 

L just shrugged again then vanished

 

-

 

“! Wake up!” You banged on your best friend’s door.

 

The door suddenly flung open, revealing a sleepy Suzuki “YAH! Go away! I’m tired!” she shouted

 

You just rolled your eyes and went inside her apartment without her permission.

 

“Sure, be that way” Suzuki said as she shut her door close. “Why are you here?” she asked as you sat on the couch

 

“I need you to help me get rid of someone….or something” You said as you took a photo album from your bag. “I saw this from the attic” then you opened a page and showed it to her. “His name is L. He died last year with Blood Cancer. And he is annoying. He’s still in the apartment and doesn’t want to leave” you hissed “And whenever I am having fun, he always shows up”

 

Suzuki glanced at the photo and her eyes widened in surprise “WOW! If a ghost is this hot, then I don’t mind seeing one” she exclaimed

 

“Suzuki!” You threw her a look

 

Suzuki just shrugged “What does he wants anyway?”

 

You shrugged “I don’t know. He doesn’t know either”

 

“When doe she usually shows up?” Suzuki asked again

 

“I don’t know…when I’m having fun..Clubbing? Drinking? Smoking? Flirting? I don’t know” You answered

 

Suzuki then smirked “I think someone’s about to change her attitude” she said

 

“What?” You looked at her, confused.

 

“, connect the dots. He shows up whenever you do bad things! He is in love with you!” Suzuki explained

 

“In love with me?” You then laughed like it was the funniest thing you’ve ever heard, but Suzuki wasn’t laughing. She was dead serious. “A FREAKING GHOST IS IN LOVE WITH ME?!!” your eyes widened

 

-

 

After some few days, nothing changed. He was still there. He always watches you like how he did before.

 

While you were studying for a test, he was there and watching you. You felt uncomfortable with his stare so you shut your book close and stared at him with a frown “Can I help you?!” you asked

 

“Yes…” L answered

 

“What?! Just tell me already so that you can get out of here!” You shouted

 

“Stop…” He whispered

 

“What?” You gave him a confuse look

 

“Stop what you are doing. It’s not good” he continued

 

“Is that all? I should only stop clubbing, smoking, drinking and such?” You asked in confusion

 

He then just nodded as a response.

 

“Fine” You said “Now can you go? I have to study” You rolled your eyes as you opened your book again to get back at studying while he vanished.

 

-

 

After exams, you went back to the club with your friends. While your friends were dancing with some random guys, you needed to go to the bathroom so you went alone. As you entered the bathroom door, you saw him again with his piercing eyes.

 

“you told me you would stop” He said

 

“And you told me you would go away” you raised a brow and crossed your arms.

 

“Stop this! You’re just looking for your own death!” He shouted

 

“Then I better be dead than be in this cruel world” You snapped

 

“Why? Why would you want to be dead? Don’t you want to be with your parents?” He asked

 

“My parents?” You hissed “Please. They are the last ones I’d want to see. You don’t know how painful it is to lose the person that you love the most. They took him away from me” Your eyes suddenly went moist and you were in a verge of crying. “They took away my best friend and even forced me to forget about him”

 

“Forget about that person” L whispered “Go back to your old self and forget about him”

 

“How could you say that!” You shouted and tears started to stroll down our cheeks “You don’t know how important he is to me! He was there for me when my parents weren’t! He always protected me! He cared for me! You know nothing!” you sobbed

 

In a split second, L was right in front of you and whispered “I know everything because that boy…is me, princess pabo ~~~~” the he suddenly vanished

 

Your eyes widened at how he called you. “Kim Myungsoo…” you whispered. You were sure that was him because no one have ever called you that before except for him.

 

-

 

The next few days, everything changed for you. You didn’t see him anymore. You know that he was there because you could feel him but he never shows up to you anymore. Sometimes, you would try to talk to him, but he wouldn’t say something. Now you are starting to doubt that he was still there.

 

“Myungsoo…Are you there?” You asked for the umpteenth time. “I changed already…I guess… I still do drink, smoke and go to the club but I’m slowly keeping myself away from those” You said “Won’t you show up and congratulate me and keep on motivating me?” you asked

 

When there was no answer, you just lied on your bed and let your tears fall down before you slept.

 

~End~

 

-----

Yup~ that's it

Not very good at writng a oneshot, so i'm sorry about this.

But i still hope you liked it~ kekeke