Chapter 1

Make Every Wish Count

b2154a4agw1e5uuibfzx2g20c806y7wi.gif

It was on his 6th birthday that Chanyeol first saw the tall and skinny kid standing by his doorway. 
 
His parents were excited but all Chanyeol did was stare as the adults greeted each other; all smiles and laughter on their faces as they exchanged hugs and greetings.
 
The boy was older and he spoke funny. Maybe that's why Chanyeol never bothered to talk to him and just pulled the taller boy along so the other kids would play with him 
 
 
By the time his candles were to be blown, Chanyeol finds himself standing across the funny speaking boy. 
 
"Make a wish, Chanyeol~" he hears his mother say and he absently nods his head, staring at the kid he didn't even know the name of. All the boy did is stare at the burning candle as if waiting for it to be blown and disappear into the air. Chanyeol frowns a bit, absent mindedly blowing the candle out as he stared at the other boy's reaction. 
 
The older boy smiled as smoke started to rise from the candle, which left Chanyeol puzzled and slightly baffled in his seat. That year, Chanyeol didn't get to make his birthday wish.
 
The next time Chanyeol sees the boy was the day before his 16th birthday. 
 
"I'm Kris." The older male said when Chanyeol stared longer than intended, as he extended a hand to the fazed Chanyeol. He didn't talk funny anymore.
 
He was taller than Chanyeol and the latter secretly detested him for that. His voice was smooth and low unlike Chanyeol's who was at the peak of his adolescent years. 
 
Chanyeol is famous for his face accompanying his long and tall figure but Kris was undeniably handsome at 18. All sharp and defined features with the tall build that wasn't even close to being lanky like Chanyeol is. 
 
"Chanyeol." He finally says, taking the offered hand in front of him. The hand was big and rough on the edges and although the handshake was short and brief, Chanyeol shivered at the touch; Kris had cold hands.
 
"Happy birthday," the taller male says and Chanyeol just continues to stare for a few more seconds (although it seemed like forever), until he finally snaps himself back to reality. 
 
"It's not till tomorrow," he mutters out and its now the elder's turn to stare. He blinks at Chanyeol as if processing what he just said and the latter stood there, not sure if he said the right thing or not. He racked his brain for anything to say and started to open his mouth to say something when the elder smiled and let out a chuckle. 
 
"Sorry," he muttered and Chanyeol kept telling himself to avoid looking but risked one more glance only to see the older male staring at him as if he was the most interesting thing in the room. He felt blood rush to his face and up to the tip of his ears. 
 
"Uh--" he started when the door opened, revealing a confused Minseok and Chanyeol had to stop himself from letting out a sigh of relief with the sight of his older friend.
 
"Did I interupt anything?" The elder asked cautiously as he slowly stepped back to the still open door of his own apartment.
 
"No," Chanyeol let out only to be followed by an "It's fine," from the taller male. It was awkward and Chanyeol was torn in between feeling relieved or annoyed as Baekhyun barged in through the door, yelling to make his arrival known.
 
He lifted his hands which were occupied with a tacky plastic bag from the convenience store filled with bags of chips and a six pack on the other.
 
"Kyungsoo and Jongin said they'd come over with some more," he grinned, walking past Minseok to drop his baggage on the small center table in the living room. Only then did he notice the tall stranger standing awkwardly beside his best friend.
 
"Well, hello," Baekhyun said with an intrigued look on his face. "I'm Baekhyun and we're going to get wasted till his birthday comes-- even though it's illegal," he continued, pointing at Chanyeol who only rolls his eyes at how ridiculous his friend sounds.
 
"I can hold my liquor but," Kris says raising an eyebrow at the obviously tipsy Baekhyun "I don't know about you, though," he continues with an intrigued look on his face and Baekhyun just laughs(and he seriously looks and sounds ridiculous, Chanyeol almost feels bad) before Kyungsoo and Jongin barged in through the door with their promised six packs in hand. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARK CHANYEOL!" they yelled, laughing like drunk hyenas on the loose (and Chanyeol squints because they reek of alcohol and it's disgusting but stays quiet and lets them drag him to sit on the floor anyways).
 
Chanyeol learned that night to never let his friends throw him a party that included any type of alcohol and apartments that are 15 floors high(especially ones with balconies). He also learned how a suicidal drunk Kyungsoo, a hormonal drunk Jongin, and a laughing and deranged drunk Baekhyun would never result to anything peaceful or safe in any other lifetime. Its almost terrifying how a single night can bring so much enlightenment to a person (Chanyeol can't even bring himself to think of that night without breaking down). 
 
University soon came into his life and Chanyeol can't help but thank the heavens above for providing him a roommate that isn't Jongin, Baekhyun or Kyungsoo(as much as he loved his friends, he'd rather not live among other slobs like him).
 
Jongdae-- although he prefers to be called Chen-- was heaven sent for Chanyeol. Chen kept Chanyeol alive throughout the hell called university; feeding him when he himself forgets to do so and is on the verge of passing out from hunger, waking him up with a cup of coffee every morning, and basically reminding Chanyeol that he actually has a life to live beyond the due dates, finals, and projects(because he was seriously on the verge of thinking and acting as if he's a robot running on coffee and not a living human named Park Chanyeol). 
 
Jongdae also knew his limit when drinking, unlike Baekhyun and Kai (because Kyungsoo learned his lesson the day after that one night and swore to never get drunk again). He usually had a bottle or two but never more, resorting to talking with Kyungsoo afterwards.
 
And as much as Chanyeol adored Chen(despite the constant sass that comes along with him), the guy has bad luck in relationships that's as big as his generous heart towards the helpless (which is basically Chanyeol and occasionally Baekhyun and Jongin). Chen dated a lot but barely went for official relationships and the few rare relationships he had all flunked, always leaving him broken and torn. Those days, Chanyeol always tried to return his friend's kindness, being the one to take care of him and bring a drunk Chen back to their dorm.
 
They established a strong friendship throughout their first year of university and Chanyeol expected it to be constant until Chen came down with the news of moving out during the first semester of their second year.
 
"Do you really have to?" Chanyeol whined, throwing himself face first on his bed. Chen only chuckled and turned back to packing when Chanyeol kept murmuring incoherent words into his matress.
 
"My sister just got married and is moving out. I have to move closer to watch out for my mom," he said as he struggled to push his suitcase close. "Besides, I got you a new roommate didn't I?" He grunted before kicking Chanyeol to get his attention with a muttered "Help me out will you?" 
 
Chanyeol reluctantly stood up to help his friend push his suitcase close before sitting on Chen's bed. 
 
"But I like you better," he pouted and Chen had to roll his eyes at the taller male (his friend can seriously be a whining brat sometimes). 
 
"You just like having me around because I keep you alive by feeding you," Jongdae muttered in disgust and Chanyeol let out an exaggerated gasp saying, "How dare you question our friendship!" 
 
"Shut up," Jongdae chuckled as he pushed his friend to the side.
 
 "Wu fan isn't that bad," he sighed in content(because he's finally done packing and how the hell did he get so much things in such a short time anyway?) and turned to grin at the pouting giant beside him.
 
 "I bet you'd get along just fine."
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
First Krisyeol fic guys! Omg I still ship these two so much it hurts >< And its been a whil since I have read a Krisyeol fic so why not? I need these adorable idiots in my life! Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter! See you soon♥♥♥
-onewdub