It's Party Time

Badass Therapeutic Shenanigans

Session #12

(cont'd)

Take One:

 

"Bro," Jimin pushes the taller guy, but Namjoon doesn't budge at all, "I'll kill you for stealing my girl!"

 

"Bestfriends," Henry says in an off-stage whisper, "are not suppose to kill each other."

 

"What? I talk to Taehyung like that everyday!"

 

Henry sighs, waving his hand, signalling them to continue.


 

Take Two:

 

"Dude!" Namjoon grabs Jimin's collar and lifts him off the floor. His eyes are popping out of his skull, "Broooo," crap, what's he suppose to say?! "Taehyungie...loves me... ya know?" Everyone bursts into laughter because of  his clumsy words. Jimin pumps out his chest, trying to make himself looks bigger.

 

"Don't fight!" Taehyung flies in between the two boys and pushes them apart and Jimin falls in the process. Taehyung clears his throat, "Ah!" he tries on a shrill girly voice, "I'm not worthy of you guys' affection!"

 

Jimin kicks Taehyung in the shin once he gets up, "Yah! I mean jagiya! Why did you say that?!" he gives him a murderous glare.

 

Taehyung casts his eyes downward dramatically, "Because I'm in love with someone else," he dabs his eyes with an invisible handkerchief.

 

Namjoon, whose eyes are still big like goldfish, shakes Taehyung violently, "Who is it?!"

 

Taehyung turns to the rest of the members and points, "Eenie meenie miney mo, who's the dumbest of them all..." then he turns back to face Namjoon sorrowfully. He croaks in the weird puberty voice, "Jung. Ho. Seok."

 

J-Hope leaps onto his feet within a bat of an eye, his chest sticks out like a proud rooster, "Oh! Darling!" he exclaims in an off-key girlish voice too. He crushes Taehyung in a steel hug, "I love you too, even though I'm an one-hundred percent real woman, but that's okay," he plants a sloppy kiss on Taehyung's cheek, which earns a fit of laughter from the bystanders and an angry kick from Jimin.

 

"Fine! Be that way!" Jimin says defiantly, "But guess what?"

 

Everyone asks, "What?"

 

Jimin throws his arms around Namjoon, "I'm actually in love with my bro." Namjoon screams when Jimin protrudes his lips an inch away from his face and makes kissy noises.

 

Everyone is breathless from laughing too hard. They are all applauding and hooting.

 

Yoongi slaps Jungkook's thigh while catching his breath, "That's like a horrible BTB fanfic I read! Two thousand points for the plot twists!"

 

Even Henry chuckles a little, but he quickly swallows his smile, "Boys! I wanted you guys to strategically solve the problem of falling in love with the same girl as best friends! What was that?!"

 

"Well, that's the best solution, right?" J-Hope grins, "The friends will make up if they have zero chance with the girl."

 

"Genius," Jimin high-fives J-Hope.

 

Henry rubs his temples tiredly, "I will take Namjoon's role and do it again. Everyone else watch."

 

Take Three:

 

"Bro, I'll kill you for stealing my girl!" Jimin lowers his voice to a threatening tone.

 

"Jimin, I want you to know that I value our seven-year friendship more than a girl. We will have a way to deal with it without hurting our relationship."

 

"How?"

 

"I will not confess to her."

 

"Bro!" Jimin bursts in fake tears, "I would hug you, but you are Henry, so no."

 

"The feeling's mutual,” then Henry turns to rest of the group, “Now you guys saw how it's done? No matter how bad the situation is, keep calm and talk it out. You might regret getting into a fight that only defends your pride and lose everything else."

 

"If the best friend tells us to go for the girl, should we confess to her?" Jungkook asks.

 

"Aigoo," Yoongi says flatly, "You're only fourteen and thinking about girls already?"

 

"So what? You jealous?" Jungkook answers defensively. Just because Yoongi has been taking care of him, it doesn't mean that Jungkook is a small child who does not fancy love.

 

Yoongi hums, "What about you that I can be jealous of?"

 

Jungkook doesn't reply, he's stung that his Yoongi hyung would ever sassed him like he did to the others. No. It was more than his usual sass - it was mixed with venom. He shuts him up like a poisonous animal.

 

"If your best friend gives up on the girl," Henry replies as if he's not bothered by the real tension that's going on, "you still need to consider your friends' feelings, right? You need to treat everyone you care about with caution, including yourself."

 

"You didn’t tell us that you got a PhD on Love," Yoongi doesn't miss a beat.

 

"I read enough Cosmopolitan to know, 'kay?" The boys look at each other worriedly. "Let's say you do confess to your crush when your best friend is out of the picture, how would you do it?" Henry smiles at Jungkook, "You want to give it a shot? With Yoongi?"

 

Jungkook takes a peek at Yoongi, "If he doesn't want to, it's fine..."

 

"I’d do anything for our maknae Jungkookie," his answer is emotionless, "Confess to me."

 

"Nooo. You are going to confess to Jungkook," Henry's lips curl, “Set him a good example as a hyung.”

 

Yoongi shrugs like it's nothing. Jungkook, on the other hand, is no longer flustered; his blood boils, If he doesn't think much about it, why should I?

 

The couple get into positions. "Take note, Jinnie," Henry winks at the boy who becomes a tomato.

 

Yoongi takes his time regarding Jungkook. The younger boy purses his lip, dignified, refusing to meet his eyes. Yoongi gets that Jungkook can be too stubborn at some moments, and this is one of them. He places his hand behind Jungkook's ear, "Look at me," Yoongi whispers. It was soft but assertive, startling Jungkook. He looks up and there is no escape from his intense, passionate gaze. Jungkook's heart stutters, and his body moves backward slightly - that does not stop his hyung’s hand sliding behind his neck, holding him in place. Jungkook’s wavering gaze can only fleet to the floor, feeling his blood boil and Yoongi’s breath next to his sensitive cheek. The whole room holds its breath until Yoongi leans in, nose almost touching Jungkook’s cheekbones, "I love you."

 

"I love you too."

 

Yoongi's mind goes blank. It is his turn to falter under Jungkook's innocent gaze. He did not just say that… This can't be happening... a laugh ripples in Yoongi’s throat. Jungkook frowns and moves away from him like he’s been slapped. "You're such a good actor," Yoongi's hand slides off from his warm neck. He pats his head before returning to his seat with weak knees.

 

Jungkook doesn’t know what to do anymore, so he too, shuffles back to his seat like a mindless zombie.

 

The atmosphere takes a weird turn after Yoongi and Jungkook’s realistic act. "Yeah!" Namjoon suddenly shouts enthusiastically, "Jungkook is such a good actor! I bet Jin hyung learned a lot from that!"

 

Jin hides his red face behind his hands.

 

"Yeah!" Henry seconds it, he's as cheerful as ever, "Jin should try out what he's observed. Want to give it a shot?"

 

Jin takes a deep breath. He is aware that all eyes are on him eagerly. They need a distraction from whatever happened the last few minutes, and Jin cannot possibly let them down. "S-Sure," he stutters.

 

"I'll be Jin hyung's love interest!" Jimin volunteers.

 

"Sit down, kid," Namjoon gets up, "Don't mess around with Jin."

 

"Why do you think I'll mess with Jin hyung?! He's not like you!"

 

"Jimin," Henry coaxes softly, "I think Jin will be less shy around Namjoon."

 

“Is that true, Jinnie hyung?” Jimin asks Jin incredulously. When Jin nods, he stalks back to his seat and sulk.

 

Jin walks to the middle of the circle shakily. He realizes that this will be the first time he will ever act  in front of his friends (if those time when he pretended that he had panic attacks did not count). You're not acting, he tries to soothe himself, you're just rehearsing for the day of confession. His knees buckle then, I'm not going to confess! Ever!

 

"Are you okay?" Namjoon asks when Jin's face turns pale as paper.

 

Jin takes a shallow breath, "F-Fine."

 

Namjoon waits until he's ready.

 

"Hye-” Jin’s heart almost suicides, “Namjoon, I-I-" his eyes are cast down, This is so embarrassing!

 

"What is it?" he's not rushing him -  he is encouraging with unlimited patient.

 

Jin’s lips quiver. He reaches out to touch Namjoon’s cheek, and Namjoon tries to not jerk from the sudden contact. Jin sighs, even though he’s touching him he still sees her. Jin drops his hand dejectedly, “I can’t do it.”

 

“It’s okay,” Namjoon and Henry say simultaneously.

 

Jin stalks back to his seat with his head hangs low between his shoulders. If he is going to confess one day… that’s unthinkable if he can’t even do it to someone comfortable like Namjoon. He imagines fainting in front of Hyerin before any words will come out. Jin sits down quickly before he will actually faint. Is he the only who has disgusting thoughts like puking when he thinks of someone he likes?

 

When everyone still seem to floats on their own clouds, Henry claps his hands. His unaffected mood is highly envious amongst the boys, “So, who’s ready to party?” he grins, looking ready to put all of the love drama behind him.

 

"An actual party?" Taehyung asks dubiously.

 

"Well," Henry replies evasively, "any good time is party time. It depends how good you guys are with the Situation."

 

"Oh. We got really good," Jimin grins from ear-to-ear, "Expect more from the greatest actor Park Jimin!"

 

Taehyung and Jungkook applaud and woot supportively. Jimin bows to all sides.

 

"Jimin, our star, will have the honour for the next act," Henry plays along, "And Jin too."

 

"M-Me?" Jin stares back at Henry, flustered.

 

"Yeah. I'm sure you can act this out perfectly."

 

Jimin flings his arm around Jin, "Sweet! What do we do?"

 

"Jin will be the father, and Jimin will ask for permission to go the party, but Jin doesn't trust him."

 

Jimin cuddles against Jin right away, "Appa! Let me go to the party tonight! Aing!" The “appa” squirms inside his iron-like clingy hug.

 

"Ah! My eyes!" Yoongi peeks between his fingers, "No more aegyo for Jimin!" Jungkook and Taehyung fake retching sounds. Namjoon's jaw drops. And J-Hope laughs his head off when he doesn't know what to do in a bizarre alternate universe.

 

"Umm..." Henry tries to stay composed, "Do you actually talk to your dad like that?"

 

"Hell, no!" Jimin is disgusted by the suggestion, "I only do that to Jin hyung."

 

"You are suppose to pretend that Jin is your dad."

 

Jimin pouts, "But my dad isn't handsome like Jin!"

 

"Indescribable Mango/Asparagus/Ginger In Nutty Eggnog!" J-Hope sips on his eggnog, attempting to gather his wit again. Jimin and aegyo will forever scar him.

 

Jimin grunts, "Fine. Dad," he pulls a stank face, "Can I go to the party tonight?"

 

Jin clears his throat - he needs to be in character too, "No," though he is still flushed, his face is impassive, "You are still grounded for breaking the curfew the other day,” his voice is stern; unbudged.

 

Jimin, however, does not shrink away from him, "Dad!” he growls, “This is an once-a-year that kind of dance! All my friends are going!"

 

"So?" Jin's remains as cold as steel. Unlike his usual self, his eyes never once darted away from Jimin’s.

 

"Fine. I'm not going."

 

"You're not going to sneak out again," Jin regards him sternly, “I the security alarm.”

 

"Go to $#^&*~~^^^&/! @&"$<¥>£+#'! You. &@$".&@;'!"

 

Taehyung rushes to clamp Jimin's mouth shut before more severe profanities can spew out and make Jin cry. Taehyung shivers when Jin’s expression transforms into an angry one. He looks ready to slap Jimin all the way to Hong Kong if Jimin doesn’t shut up.

 

That day, everyone learns not to mess with the socially-awkward, kind-hearted Jin.

 

Henry makes a "T" sign with his hands, "Time out! Thanks guys!"

 

Jimin inhales some cold air to cool down his hot head. He clumsily hugs Jin again, "Sorry." Jin pats his back in return without words. This is just acting, Jin tells himself, He thought I was his dad… Jin shudders imagining what wrath would befall Jimin if it was really his dad.

 

"Anyone has any solution for this situation?" Henry asks everyone.

 

"Sometimes you just have to show some respect to your parents," Taehyung advises, "like I always told Jimin,” he gives his friend a meaningful side glance, “Plus some sincere promises."

 

"Basically just do the opposite of what Jimin did, then you'll be fine," Yoongi concludes.

 

Jimin scowls.

 

"All good points. We can all possibly imagine that the situation wouldn't end nicely if we were being rude to the parents. Rationally, we should try to avoid direct clash when we’re asking for a favor," Henry comments, "Ready to move on to the next phase when we're at the party?" he grins.

 

The boys seem to be tired already from all the role playing, but Henry still has the energy to keep the session going. A neon pink remote control suddenly appears in his hand. He points it at the window, and an automatic black curtain slides down from the ceiling. Henry strikes a diva pose, his magic remote aims at the ceiling, and a spinning silver disco ball drops from the ceiling. Henry changes into a Michael Jackson stance and clicks on his remote, a set of brand new stereo sprouts from the floor - EXO’s Transformer is already pulsing through the sleek device. The boys can barely keep their mouth closed. Henry flips his hair and howls, “Party time!” The rest expects him to rip off his clothes where a sequin deep-v suit is hiding.

 

“Where did they… How…?” Namjoon asks two incomplete questions.

 

“From the money they gave us to fix the damaged room, our funds, and the new grant for music therapy,” Henry reports proudly.

 

“Music therapy? Are we doing that?” Jungkook asks excitedly.

 

“I don’t know if there’s such thing, but yeah, we might.”

 

“Wow. Wow. Wow,” Jimin exclaims, “I hate to say this but I’m seeing you in a new light.”

 

“You’re welcome. So?” Henry looks on to the shocked students, “Get down onto the dance floor! We need practice!”

 

J-Hope is the first to jump into the middle of the floor and does a bird mating dance while his gummy smile shows. Jimin follows suit and flaps his imaginary wings too. Jungkook pulls Taehyung along giddily. While Jungkook is surfing the beat, Taehyung jumps up and down like a bunny who’s let loose out of its cage. Yoongi does a shooting cupid dance and wiggles his . Namjoon pumps his fists in the air awkwardly on the side. Jin stands on the edge by the window, looking on as always, only his fingers dance along his thigh.

 

Henry is content that the boys are getting their grooves on and having fun at a “party” like always. They are perfectly comfortable in each other’s company now. He is not too worried that the boys would never get over their anxieties when they are all turned, but sometimes at a real life party, there are variables involved...

 

...Slowly, everyone drops their beat one by one, until they all stop. They gawk at the creature that suddenly appears in front of them like those pop-up stereo.

 

Hyerin takes a side glance at Henry, You didn't tell me that there will be a group of teenage boys. Henry shrugs, doesn't quite get what Hyerin is thinking. Hyerin looks back at the shirking boys,  Awkward teenage boys, she corrects herself. "Hi. I'm Seo Hyerin from Yonsei High. Nice to meet you all,” she greets curtly.

 


Author's notes: 
 

Enjoying the role play so far? It's just kind of random but Hyerin is here! Now shes knows BTS's existence! :D Yay? 

Please subscribe, comments and upvotes if you like it!

-suzyelf

 

Status: vocation in Hong Kong. 


y, Free, and Single - Super Junior