금요일에 만나요 (friday)

금요일에 만나요 (friday)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

주말까지 기다리긴 힘들어

Jongmi can't help but think about today. She is laying in bed, wrapped in the comfortable warmth of her pink Rilakkuma blankets, too childish for her age actually, but who cares? She flips everyone off who has the audacity to say so. What's so bad about liking cute characters still at the age of nineteen? As if Hello Kitty was more acceptable than her beloved Rilakkuma, yet there are adults wearing hello kitty prints on their shirts. On other days, Jongmi would be going on and on about the never ending discussion on how Hello Kitty has already reached such a cult status that for young adults, too, it is acceptable to run around in cute pink shirts with a comic kitten print on it, but today, Jongmi's mind keeps wandering. It wanders off to thoughts of that tall, handsome boy she has met today.

Her fingers are itching to check her phone for new messages. She has been waiting for a text or maybe a phone call even, ever since she came back home from the blind date Soojung had set her up with. And she has been lucky. Jongmi still can't believe how lucky she actually is. For a moment, she disregards the fact that her best friend Soojung, deemed just as much a pretty, but too prude and uptight girl at college, just like Jongmi herself, yet somehow she knows the most popular boy in their year. Or at least she somehow has connections? Could it be that Soojung's boyfriend is friends with Sehun?

Just the thought of Sehun makes Jongmi blush. Admittedly, she didn't like Sehun at first. He is the typical hot guy the whole year is swooning over, except for the few girls like Jongmi with too much pride and self-esteem to find interest in a boy who is obviously a player. Okay, maybe not obviously, but he definitely gives off that vibe. He has girls surrounding him constantly, in every lunch break, and he smiles and flirts with each of them. And being nice counts as flirting. He even has a some sort of fan club - a facebook group exchanging candid shots of him, as well as discussing his hotness. When Jongmi has realized the constant notices on her phone disrupting her in one of her study sessions one day, she has checked it, only to see that she was added into the group by a classmate. While being added into a facebook group in itself was an okay thing, it was the first post she read there, that had made her leave the group and report it. Disgusting, was her thought when her eyes flew over the pinned discussion thread. Do you think Sehun is a god? How big is his ?, with a picture zooming in on Sehun's crotch. Disgusting, really, too obscene and really none of anyone's business.

But that is all before she has met Sehun one on one. Jongmi has to admit that she was too harsh in her judgement, because Sehun in private is nothing like Sehun at school. Or maybe he has been like that at school, too, but Jongmi has never cared enough to notice. She has simply put him into the same group of jocks that Sehun surrounds himself with - Park Chanyeol, basketball player and class clown, Wu Yifan, captain of the basketball team and definitely a ladies' man, Zhang Yixing, the guitarist of the college band, and Lu Han, the most flirtatious man the world has ever seen. And maybe it is because of those friends that Jongmi, too, has somehow thought Sehun would be one of those guys with a girlfriend on each finger. Cheating? No. The girls around Sehun would be more than happy to get a bite of him, even if that meant a polyamorous relationship. Jongmi shudders at that thought.

But then comes the real Oh Sehun. The Oh Sehun she has gotten to know is easily embarrassed. His pale complexion immediately takes a rosy shade when he flushes - did she mention that she would kill to have nice skin like him? It's really not fair - and his voice does this really cute thing, pitch rising when he is flustered. He is a good listener, too, and different from her expectations, he has not been impolite at all. No ist jokes, no disregarding her opinions, no attempt to get her into a motel for some y time.

Instead she got a perfect gentleman, a great listener with intellect and wit. He paid for their lunch and ice cream. He held the door open for her. He helped her cutting her pizza into small pieces because Jongmi was not used eating pizza with knife and fork - and he did it without laughing at her. His lips quirked up into an amused smile instead, and when he smiled that perfectly honest smile with the grin stretched impossibly wide and eyes disappearing into crescents, Jongmi knew she was doomed. She is no better than all the other girls crushing on Oh Sehun, because now, she thinks, exchanging pictures of him is not that bad, and maybe, for later, if they ever become girlfriend and boyfriend, it wouldn't be bad to know how well endowed he was, just to prepare mentally. She remembers the girls' speculations that Sehun must be huge and a beast in bed, but after that date she is more convinced that Sehun is still a . Why? Because Jongin has been super flustered after that ahjumma scolding him for being out late - it was only 4PM!!! - with a decent looking girl, was he going to get her pregnant today? Jongmi has laughed it off, telling the lady that they were best friends and he owed her ice cream because she beat him in the recent midterms. It took Sehun half an hour to get rid of that flush afterwards, she recalls with fondness.

So yeah, Jongmi is in deep, deeper than she likes to admit, and now she is squirming in her bed, unable to find a comfortable position to sleep in. The other reason for her inability to fall asleep right now is the cacaphony of thoughts, one chasing the after, because ever since she got home, there has been no message from Sehun. It is nearing midnight already, and Jongmi is disappointed. Is Sehun not interested in her at all? It hurts her pride a bit, because Jongmi thinks they have been getting along quite well and as awkward as their conversation has begun, they were quite comfortable with each other later. Sehun has even escorted her to her dormitory.

But maybe she has been misreading him? Maybe holding hands and staring at each other in front of the door, unable to say goodbye right away is not a sign of interest. Maybe Sehun has just been contemplating how to tell her that she is not his type, instead of contemplating if it is okay to kiss on the first date. Jongmi has definitely been thinking about the latter. And just for the record, they ended up just saying bye and have a nice day. Nothing remotely close to a scene from her beloved dramas.

It is frustrating. Jongmi ruffles her dark locks, cursing, because she remembers how easily they tangle and how much more time she will need to comb them the next morning. But that is probably not as bad as being kept waiting with both dread and anticipation building up. With the frustration comes anger and self-hatred for easily falling for nice looks and a bit of manners. Really, Jongmi shouldn't stoop so low, she reprimands herself. What with her high expectations? Good GPA, perfect manners, nice personality and compatibility. She doesn't think they're good at communicating with each
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter