- alternate end

To Say Those Words

a/n : hopefully you're not tired of this stuff. this will be the last i swear.
(this takes place after sulli heard that sehun is dating.)


A L T E R N A T E   E  N  D


Sulli can't accept the reality. And when the reality is becoming harsh, she just- ran. Running away. But reality will keep being itself. It happened and she have to accept it. She's late, too late for everything, too late to apologize, too late to confess.

 

Too late to say 'don't go'

 

So she ran to the rooftop, heaves a breath and look at the blue sky. hurt as an effect of running on stairs, well, she could really don't care as for now. She just need to curl herself into ball ( like what she did now ) and to stare at the blue sky. ( like what she had been doing after sje arrived at the rooftop ) and wondering.

 

Now, what should she do?

 

"Hey,"

 

A familiar voice made its way to Sulli's ears, wiping her tears, she looked up only to meet Jongin.

 

"Good god, your nose is hella red,"

 

She only looked away as he said that- unable to bear more moment other person see her weakness. She doesn't love that ( Do you love that? No? Good. ) It was only silence then. And between those moment Jongin took his time to sit beside her.

 

"Isn't this- still in the middle of period?"

 

"I ditched class," 

 

Jongin had to smallow the urge of saying 'just like what the broken-hearted next to me does,' because this is- obviously ( even a 5 year old could figure out that ) was not the best time to do so. Instead he says, "For you,"

 

And Sulli turned her head at this. slightly ( or so what Jongin thougt he saw ) smiling.

 

Jongin takes it as the athmosphere has gone better. So he leaned closer. Looking around as if not wanting anyone else to hear it ( althought no one else is really here. Unless you counted the birds as people who can eavesdrop them. )

 

"So- You are crying- Because of Sehun?"

 

--And, Jongin just had to make the already-better-athmosphere be not-so-better ( he at comforting, really, did you read the first chapter? ) Sulli doesn't answer at this. But not liking the silence that slowly engulf them, she nodded. Anyway, she needed to spill her feelings out to someone, in the end.

 

Jongin pushed Sulli's head to rest at his shoulder. And Sulli- somehow- feels safe. She doesn't swat his hand away nor resist his action ( although in the other day she would do that. Yell at him and the yelling involving words like 'save that for your girlfriend later!'. Hell, this is not the 'other' day.) 

 

So the tears slid its way down. And they kept at that position, until eventually, the bell rang.

--

Noisy. The voice below them are really noisiy.

 

"Want to check out what's happening below?"

 

The bell just rang few minutes ago, and jongin- honestly, can't keep Sulli doing this- crying too much is never good ( courtesy of his mother when Jongin cried over a banana-milk that got stolen by a kid named Taemin few years ago. Crying 3-years-old Jongin cried from 6 P.M to 6 A.M ( not really, but Jongin's father teases him that since he really did cry for so long ) )

 

And when Sulli decides to got up, he smiled.

 

"You know, I can beat up Sehun until you're satisfied if you want."

 

Sulli snorted.

 

"And it will end up you are the one getting beaten up. He takes hapkido courses. What course do you take?"

 

Jongin shrugged. "Uh, beating-up-people-only-for-special-friend-course?"

 

And those words, even if it's not that funny, made Sulli laugh. 

 

As they reached outside the building, the pain in her heart at the rooftop returned. Because the source of the noisy voice was not because of the bell.

 

But the two student who just dated, today.

 

"He is your friend. Do you want to say something?"

 

Jongin asks, referencing to Sehun. Sulli wasn't sure, but then- she felt her hand getting gripped, an act by Jongin to assure her. But Sulli had decided. Shaking her head at tge direction of students circling them two, she mumbled :

 

"I will just- go home." Jongin looked unsure at Sulli's answer.

 

"Uh. I can walk you ho-"

 

"There's no need, Jongin. Thank you."

 

And Sulli walked away from Jongin, the new couple, and the students who is circling around them.

--

When she walked, she heard another steps behind her. And she heaved an exasperated sigh.

 

"I know it is you, Jongin."

 

She receives no answer. And she turned back, eyes squinting at the street.

 

"Behind the pole. I can see your shoes from here. You can't even hide."

 

"...I just- wanted to make sure my special friend is okay, you know." Kai walked out, puffing his cheek like a man. Not a typo. Like a man.

 

And they end up walking side by side. Rather than having Kai following him ( it's creepy, even if he was her friend it's still creepy ) better to have him walk him home. She doesn't know what to talk about- and se certainly didn't want to talk about Sehun now- but she promised she would tell her ( best ) friend someday.

 

"Sehun is not- that worth it, you know." Sulli raises her eyebrows as Kai said that ( was that an attempt to comfort her? ) "There's still the other boys who-"

 

 

Smiling internally, she raises her hand up as a sign for him to stop talking.

 

"Wait," Sulli said abruptly, feeling the emptiness in her hand as she felt around her backpack.

 

"...Something dropped- I will be back." she said before leaving Jongin- obeying her. She walked back and observes the street. The key was supposed to be there. She had it dangling as a chainkey.

 

"Need something?" she looked up only to meet a guy with his eyes covered by the hoodie's shadow. Both hand extended out and she sees her chainkey and an old timepiece on the other palm. She looked around only to realize she actually end up in an alley- away from Jongin.

 

She blinked as she receives both of the item on her hand. "The timepiece can make you go back in time."

 

Her eyes widened and her attention shifted to the timepiece. It color was- gold-ish and it looked so- old. Sulli thought skeptically but then she realizes if the thing worked- she wouldn't be too late.

 

And this whole thing that happened today wouldn't have happened. And he still has the chance to be with Sehun.

 

"Sul?"

 

Sulli jolted back to reality at Jongin's voice- peeking through the alley- and the person in front of him was- gone.

 

"Have you found the item yet?"

 

"...I do." she run up to Jongin, and as she observes him more, she knows what to do.

 

She dropped the old timepiece and run up to Jongin.

 

Sehun can end up with Krystal, Sulli tthen placed herself beside Jongin. And they continues to walk.

 

"Anyway, continue your sentence about Sehun?" Sulli asked. Yes. She apparently doesn't need the timepiece, to go back in time, or magic.

 

"Well, because there's still many boys who is more better than Sehun." Jongin sighed. And Sulli suddenly had the urge to ask-

 

"Like?"

 

Kai is quiet for a while, ears reddening, before facing Sulli. "Like me," he slightly smiled. And Sulli smiled as well, because, she had made the right choice about the timepiece.

--

a/n : completed. i can finally rest in pece now < 3. let me know which ending do you like better and thank you for reading!