- final

To Say Those Words

"So, what are you asking, again?"

 

Sulli rolled her eyes at Sehun's ridiculous question. If only he hadn't stopped in the middle to let out 20.000 words ( okay, maybe that's exaggerating ) of the great story of new friend of him.

 

"I am asking how to do number 24. Can you focus on this more?"

 

Who was this friend's name again? Krys- Krysa? Krys? Kryssi?

 

"Pfft. Who is the one who ask to be teached, huh?" he stared at the equation Sulli had pointed at with her bolpoint.

 

Meh. She doesn't care about her name. As long as this new friend only stayed as 'friend' and nothing more.

 

"Alright. It is me. But which teacher is distracted from teaching only to tell the part of his life and wastes time?" Sulli just had the urge to argue. A stubborn child will always stay stubborn. "If you don't want to be teached. Then fine." the boy pouted-- in manly way.

 

"No don't-"

 

That's what Sulli said, internally, of course. I mean- wouldn't it be embarassing though to voice that out after arguing with his stupid friend? She has her pride. So here she was, staring at Sehun who is walking away, and sighed.

 

"Maybe next time."

 

Sulli stood up, a bit dissapointed actually that the session of being teached by her crush ended a bit earlier.

--

 

To be brutally honest, she has no problem with solving math. She heard Ms. Kim's explanation in a good way- trying to be a good student she is. Or if she still doesn't understand ( because Math is complicated as heaven ) she would ask her seatmate, who actually has-a-better-skill-at-doing-math-rather-than-certain-boy-named-Sehun. Because, believe me, if you asked to Ms. Kim the problem she had been explaining for the 100 times already ( it's her method of teaching. explaining the same problem few times so students will get it. But students are human therefore they are imperfect. And Sulli is a student too. She has moment when she 'still' doesn't get her explanation. ), you would not dare to ask.

 

"I rarely spot you with Sehun nowadays,"

 

Her friend who is sitting beside her muttered, as he rest his chin on his palm.

 

"Maybe because he got that new friend called Krystal. Hey, you jealous?"

 

Krystal? Ah, yes. That's why it sounded so similiar. Apparently it's not Kryssa or Kryssi. That friend named Krystal is the one Sehun frequently talked about that ( unfortunate ) yesterday.

 

"Wow, you are quiet. So you are really jealous?" Jongin whistled- before- getting hit by a ruler.

 

"Aw! Don't use violence, woman!"

 

"WHO IS JEALOUS, HUH?"

 

"--Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Maybe it was me. Wishing that I was in Sehun's position, talking so closely with Krystal-"

 

It was Sulli's turn to whistle, and Jongin squinted his eyes.

 

"Let me give couple name. Kaistal? Kai? Krystal? Sound good. For Jongin's unrequited love. HEY! GIVE MY BOOK BACK!"

 

She hurriedly then chases Jongin all around the class ( or her book, to be exact ) burrying the weird feeling after knowing that- actually what her seatmate said to her was right.

 

Sehun is getting closer to Krystal.

--

"You are asking this, again? Pft. Are you just plain stupid or have an IQ under 10?"

 

"There's no such thing like that." Sulli snorted. Giving her math book at Sehun, and pointing at certain problem- which she actually had known how to solve them.

 

"Pft. This is hella easy. I better spend my time with Krystal than doing this stuff with you."

 

And those words- somehow- makes her heart hurt.

 

So, Sehun prefer to spend his time with a friend he just know days ago rather than her- his friend since elementary school?

 

"If you really wanted to spend time with your other friend that badly." with a help of anger, ( and jealousy? ) blood run to her cheek. "Go then." her heart beats faster. Was this right? Sulli is willing to let the person-she-has-been-crushing-on with other girl?

 

Please don't go, Sehun.

 

"Oh."

 

His face is stoic. And that made Sulli a little worried.

 

"You know, actually, I'm tired of your behavior. I did this, then you're mad, I did that, then you scold me." Sulli tried to hide her hurt expression.

 

"I will go if that's what you really want. You should behave more like Krystal."

 

Sulli opened , but then closed it again, for some reasons.

 

And she- did the same thing as yesterday, staring at his back who is walking away from her.

 

This time, it hurts her more because she know where he's going to go.

--

Tomorrow, she doesn't really feel like talking, or doing anything. She's more expresionless at the period. Unresponsive when Jongin teases him ( Even if Jongin teasing has becoming a part of Sulli's hell of school life, she usually will be mad. ) ( Jongin, who's getting curious, try to throw Sulli's pencil case outside the window. And the girl just put on expresionless face, walks out from the classroom to retrieve her thing by walking 3 floors down. Without shouting, ir throwing a punch at the culprit. Jongin frowned. ) the boy then asked the girls questions.

 

"Sulli? Geez. Are you sick? You are scary today." he bring up his palm to touch her forehead. But she only swat his habd away ( weakly )

 

"No. I'm fine."

 

And Jongin will kept on asking her even thought she will ignore him, anyway.

 

Sulli thought of apologizing to Sehun, wait. But then, what should she say to him? That- she will change her behavior? Or- should she confess her feeling to him?

 

"Sulli, have you heard the rumours?"

 

"Sul?"

 

"Sulli?"

 

"Sulli, your friend, Sehun, just dated Krystal."

 

"WHAT!?"

 

And Sulli just realizes that Jongin had been whispering to her. And now that the whole class's attention are on them.

 

And so is Ms. Kim.

 

"Jongin, Jinri, what are you both talking about?" the teacher's voice is as sharp as her glare. But Sulli can care less- because-

 

"Just like every rules. If you break them, you will get punishment. Now as a punishment for talking so loudly in the middle of period. You both can stand outside my classroom until my lesson ended."

 

And until they walked out of the classroom, Sulli still care less about the condition she ( and Jongin, who is currently frowning at her ) is in. Sehun, is with Krystal. Jongin can possibly lie about that. But that's not possible does it?

 

"Do you really have to be that surprised?" Jongin heaved a frustated sigh, leaning on the wall while looking forward. To the pine tree, the sky and the flag.

 

"You know what, I think you do have problem today. And as a friend, you can tell me, you kno- H-hey Sul, are you crying?"

 

Sulli doesn't even realize that her cheek is already wet.

 

"Sul? Sul? SUL!"

 

And Jongin can only reaches the air, to the direction Sulli ran to. Only to be confused at the girl's act.

--

Sulli can't accept the reality. And when the reality is becoming harsh, she just- ran. Running away. But reality will keep being itself. It happened and she have to accept it. She's late, too late for everything, too late to apologize, too late to confess.

 

Too late to say 'don't go'

 

So she ran to the rooftop, heaves a breath and look at the blue sky. hurt as an effect of running on stairs, well, she could really don't care as for now. She just need to curl herself into ball ( like what she did now ) and to stare at the blue sky. ( like what she had been doing after sje arrived at the rooftop )

--

 

After Sulli decides she have to come back, the bell rang. She wiped her tears ( yeah, she spend her time staring at reflecting with the wind, sky, and tears as her company. It is productive. But what can you really do when reality broke your heart? ) It is suddenly so noisy down there and she decided- that checking the source if what makes the student go noisy is a good idea. So she goes downstair, heading to her classroom first. And noticed that no one is there ( probably the have all left or joined the noisy crowd down there- ) She noticed her pink bag all alone in her seat. And when she walked to take it, she notices a blue post-it stuck on her table.

 

"Though leaving you to wherever you're heading to would be a- good idea? I'm not so good at comforting. u n u. You can text me ater you felt comfortable sharing your problem. Yes, I am annoying. But I'm still your friend.

 

-Jongin

p.s. sorry for crossing the line by throwing your pencil case out the window. I- didn't mean it.

 

Sulli exhales. Maybe later, Jongin. ( or never ) Sulli folded the paper and throw it on the bin on her walk outside.

 

On the outside, she saw a group if student ( apparently, it was the source of noise Sulli had heard from the rooftop. ) As she walked closer, her breath hitched because she saw people she doesn't want to see as for now.

 

They were circling around Krystal and Sehun. Throwing all sort of congratulation. Of course, how can she forgot that Krystal is a daughter of chaebol?

 

It break her even more, seeing Sehun so happy being with another person other than herself.

 

"Sehun." Sulli's voice was timid, but Sehun heard that. With an unreadable expression he stared at Sulli, noticing the sudden quietness Krystal stares at Sehun, and then at the direction Sehun is been looking at. And sk does the students.

 

"I've always liked you,"

 

No, she can't possibly say that. It will be selfish of her so instead, she only mutter a 'congratulation' with a fake smile and run away- again.

 

She only stared at her heels and the ground at her way home, she kept on running, wanting to get away from reality, from Krystal, from him. Until- she bumped into someone and stumbled backward.

 

"I- I am sorry!" hurriedly wiping her tears- she looked up to the person she bumped to- only to find out that she can't really see his eyes as the shadow from his hoodie covered it. Her attention then shifted to the stranger's hand, which had been extended out. There's a seemingly- old timepiece on his palm.

 

"This timepiece make you go back in time."

 

Go back? Sulli must be losing her common sense that time- because then, she quickly snatched the timepiece away, turning the cloclwise backward. To a day ago.

 

The world seem like spinning around her, and when she opened her eyes she was suddenly in different place,

 

"If you don't want to be teached. Then fine." she blinked. And her eyes widened as she realize that he's standing up and going to go-

 

No, not again. Don't go.

 

 

This was one of those learning math session with her crush ( even if learning wasn't really her first intention. We all have our way to spend more time with our crush, you know? ) the day when Sehun started talking about Krystal, the day when her pride prevented her from saying 'don't go' ( it's 2 days ago, exactly ) which is one of the cause-

 

"Uh, Sul?"

 

Why he is gone in the next days.

 

Sehun can't practically move as he felt two arm wrapped to prevent him from going- away. And it surprises him more, because the backhug came from his childhood friend who has hobbies of scolding- everyone ( and not to mention prefer to jump off of cliff rather than hugging him )

 

"D-don't go-"

 

With those words he smiled softly. And turned around to face her.

 

"Do you really have to do that then?" a faint smirk is present at Sehun's lips. But Sulli could care less.

 

"I didn't want to lose you."

 

"Uh. Yes. Sorry." that's the only words she said as she bit her lips.

 

"Can we-" she said after she gasped. A bit anxious. What if he say no? What if he has fallen for Krystal already? Her effort in going back in time would be a waste.

 

"Can we have this session every day?"

 

"...Anything for the person I had crush on."

 

Sulli blinked in surprise and she thought she heard it wrong. But then she noticed- that his friend's ears has gone red.

 

And it took few seconds for Sehun to cover his mouth with his palm. Few next seconds for Sulli to laugh at him, and few next seconds for them to confess to each other ( Sulli made a mental note to told him about the timepiece, later. But then speaking about the thing, it is gone now ), hours for Sehun to told Krystal about his new girlfriend, and Krystal who offered a bitter smile. It need one day for Krystal to meet up with Jongin ( thanks to Sulli ) and weeks for KaiStal ( as Sulli had said. Unless- ) to be true. ( it is not unrequited love anymore )

--

a/n : italic was only sul's thought. there you go. leave a comment, after you read this?