II:A Little Push

Secrets Of The Enchanted

"What do you mean you're not going?"Kyuhyun fumed."I thought we had an agreement!"

"You had an agreement with your video games,not me,"Heechul replied calmly,folding his blue polka tie neatly into the small suitcase."I remember nothing of the sort,so to speak."

Kyuhyun gritted his teeth."You've got to be kidding me."

"Most unfortunately I kid you not,dear cousin.Really,your brain is filled with air and peas and whatnot.I will bet that all night long you play that DustCrast game.Now pass me that shirt,will you?"

"It's Starcraft,"Kyuhyun corrected him with a snort."Which one?"

"The striped white one-yes,that's it."Heechul folded the shirt into the suitcase,completely ignoring his first remark."You know,you should start to spend more time on behaving like a proper son of a lord.Your father will be displeased if he finds out you have been slacking on the practice accounts."

"What I do is none of your business,"Kyuhyun retorted curtly."Don't try to put off the subject,Chullie.I ABSOLUTELY do not want to go to that place."

"So you can spend more time with your DustCrast?"Heechul looked irritated."Look here Kyuhyun,I did not agree I would take your place.Maybe you were talking to the wall or something,I don't know,but I hold true to my word and I am not going to part with it now,whether you like it or not."He slammed the top of the suitcase down for extra effect.

Kyuhyun knew that he wasn't going to win the battle with an obstinate Heechul,so he didn't say anything more about it and kept his mouth shut.

Heechul smiled with satisfaction."It is time you accept your responsibilties,and one of them is this ball.It will merely be only a couple of nights from your precious DustCrust and I heard that the princess is beautiful to look at and lovely to see."

Kyuhyun scoffed dismissively."Please hyung,there is no one more good-looking than me on this planet.I have the looks,the voice,my y body and th-OUCH!"

Heechul had smacked him square on the head."Don't be such a narcissist,"he snapped."I'm the one who's good looking,y and handsome,not you."

"Oh puh-lease,"muttered Kyuhyun while rubbing his head."One day I'll go crazy and ask the zoo to pick you up and put you in a chimp's habitat without any hair gel.How'd you like that?

"I'll pretend I did not hear that insult."Heechul replied somewhat dryly."Now,behave like a good boy Kyu,or find out the wrath of your father when he returns from the trip.Have a good day!"

Kyuhyun threw a pillow at him.

And he had to miss.

 

Now that Heechul was gone,he had no other forms of entertainment left with the sole exception of his beloved Starcraft which was his baby and virtual sweetheart.

Grunting,he sat down on the plush cushion and flicked on the power to start the game.The letter sat unopened on the bedside table.He knew he didn't really want to heed Heechul's words who had said scornfully:"It's just a letter,you idiot!" but he already knew what it contained.

First of all,it would start out with "Dear prince/lord/noble of blah blah blah...."

..."You have been invited to blah blah blah...

...."Blah blah blah would dearly love to see you here enjoying yourself(case in point:King Kim)...

And so on.He sighed and pushed the letter away,knowing that his mind was playing on him again.

He knew that the letter must be for the ball because of the huge hype surrounding it.Tales of the princess's beauty had reached all four corners of the kingdom and beyond the borders.She was of eligible age,young and from what he heard,lively.Although he had never seen her in real life,pictures printed in the local newspapers had told him what she looked like.

And he gotta admit,she was beautiful.With those high cheekbones,a perfect pout on her lips,silky chocolate eyes and a body that he considered to be a female equivalent of him,it was no wonder she had so many suitors.

He got up and paced around the room nervously,his mind now racing.A reason he did not want to go to the ball was because it was going to be very crowded.Another reason was that he was only a son of a minor lord,and she might not want to speak to him,wasting his time there.

The third reason was that he couldn't bring Starcraft.The castle was a bit primitive,and there wasn't any plugs there.Even if he were to bring plenty of Powerbanks,they would also run out of battery and he would be left with nothing.

But he had to agree they were petty reasons.In fact,they were excuses.If his father was here he would have kicked his to the Moon and back and then to the Milky Way.

He bit his lip.On the other hand,he would be able to make better social connections with the major nobles and lords and improve his father's standing.He would also be seen as a guest who would likely attend future events and thus,be invited to it.Besides the normal "making new friends" bit,he could also possibly have a tour around the castle and check out some of the features mentioned in a holiday brochure for tourists overseas.

And of course,he could see the princess himself.

His eyes flickered to the cream-colored letter sitting patiently on the table,waiting for him to cut the wax seal open and take out the content.Elegant script in a royal blue dictated who it was from and to whom it was sent ,and the edges were vividly decorated with swirls of gold and red wrapping themselves over the other.

He hesitantly made a move to it,his fingers hovering above it in uncertainity.

But what I have got to lose anyway?

It was decided.The good side ruled out the bad.He simply tore open the pretty letter and began to read.

 

 

it is done!Chappie 2 is up ^-^  the framework has roughly been set out and introduced.I apologize if it's not up to standard,but we all have to start somewhere,neh?

Comment and give it ♡♡♡ ;)