The Plan.

Curious

"Kris is going to be your boyfriend by the time your mother asks to see him again."

To Iseul, the plan was simple. To Amber, the plan was bat crazy. She was hoping that Chaelin would be able to see that. However, she forgot that Chaelin was a Creative Writing major and therefore thrived on bat crazy.

"Come on, Amber, you can totally get him." Chaelin pulled her arm from around Iseul, leaning forward in agreement at her girlfriend's plan. Amber groaned. 

"Which part is simple? How exactly does THIS," She gestured to the whiteboard by her roommate, "Make any sense. Whatsoever."

Iseul gasped like she was offended. "Excuse you, but read this again and tell me how it's NOT ingenious?" Amber deadpanned, but read the board again.

Step 1: Approach the man (Kris) in his native language (English)
Step 2: Engage in the beginnings of the heteroual mating process 
Step 3: Seduce the man with your heteroual ways
Step 4: ??? Insert Heteroual kisses and complete the process ????
Step 5: Is this how the heteroual mating process works???

Chaelin started snickering as Amber went along. "Okay, the word 'heteroual' is used entirely too much for this plan to even be considered rational and you know it, babe." She leaned over and kissed Iseul's cheek, "Points for trying though."

Amber sighed. Finally, some support. "So exactly how does this work then? What do I do?"

"What do you mean, what do you?" Iseul arched an eyebrow, "You talk to him! Get to know him! Flirt! Then if you guys have chemistry you go and achieve the goal!" 

"But here's the thing," Amber squirmed, "I don't... I've never, uhm..." She felt her face heat up. It was embarrassing to admit at the age of twenty two, but here goes. After all, Iseul knew everything about her, and hasn't seriously made fun of her yet. 

"Have you never flirted with anyone before?" Chaelin asked, blinking. Amber hung her head, shaking it a little. "N-no."

"Amber, it's okay! Everyone has a first time for everything!" Iseul piped up, patting her best friend on the shoulder. "Heck, I had to learn how to flirt with girls. Let me tell you, it's not easy."

"No, babe, you're just extraordinarily bad at it." Chaelin teased. "Hey!" Iseul protested, "I was able to convince you to date me, right?"

"Somehow, yes." Chaelin rolled her eyes as Iseul grinned and leaned in to kiss her. Amber blinked. "Did I... just witness flirting?"

Iseul stuck her tongue out at her, "The most professional version of it."

"Oh gross. I have ideas of where that thing has been and I don't need it pointing near me in any way." Amber pretended to gag, and Iseul grinned at her. That was Amber's five second warning.

"Oh really? Not near you at all?" Three second warning, and Amber took off with a screech to the safety of her room, with her curly haired best friend, tongue stuck out, chasing after her. Chaelin was just left on the couch laughing, holding her stomach and fanning her eyes to stop her tears from ruining her very elaborate eyeliner. You know, just a normal day.

Late into the evening, after Chaelin had left for home and the two had succumbed to watching the movie before bed, Iseul brought up the whiteboard and starting erasing and writing new words, peaking the interest of Amber.

"Whatcha doing?" Amber tried looking over to see, but Iseul shifted so all Amber got was a face full of curls.

"You know, when I said I liked your curls, I didn't want to be this close to them." She joked, moving her face away so she could breathe.

"Okay, here's the new, actual plan to get Kris to be your boyfriend." Iseul said, pushing the white board into view. 

"Talk to him. Is that it?" Amber looked at her best friend, who shrugged. "Having a huge, elaborate plan is overrated. We'll go step by step. First step is to talk to him, like a full fledged conversation. Now, when do you see him next?"

"Tomorrow... But we have to practice for jury!" Amber countered, seeing the look on Iseul's face. "Izzy, I can't distract him from that!" 

"Then ask if he wants to walk with you to the dining hall! I'll meet you there, I usually go there with Tao after Robotics anyways. We'll meet up, all casual like, it'll be fine!" Iseul explained. 

Amber bit her lip. "I don't know, Izzy..."

"Amber, come on." Iseul propped herself up, locking eyes with Amber. "Look at me and tell me what's going on. Why are you shying away? You're usually so happy and ready to make a new friend." She had a point, and Amber didn't have a real excuse or answer for her. It was just... Kris made her feel really uncomfortable, like he could see straight into her soul. She got this hot feeling in her chest, where she was so nervous she felt like her heart was up in and words just didn't make sense anymore whenever he smiled.

"You know, I felt the same way about Chaelin." Oh . Was she talking out loud? "Yes, you are, you silly llama. Now hear me out. Want to know how I really got to trick Chaelin into liking me?"

When there was no verbal response, Iseul smiled and continued, "I talked to her. I swallowed that heart back into my chest and just let it happen. After all, I can't give someone my heart that easily, right?" Amber smacked her then, "I see your clothes aren't the only things that are greasy about you."

"She said the same thing!" The curly haired woman laughed, shaking her head. "Anyways, back to the point. The first step to any relationship is talking, and Amber, you know how to talk and get people to open up, especially people you want to be friends with. So start it from there. Be friends with him! Treat him as a friend in the first step, and then let it grow."

"You think... that'll work?" She thought, pursing her lips. Iseul nodded. "Just try it. Worse that can happen is that it's a slightly awkward conversation, but then the gay best friends will come to the rescue and we'll brush it off and try again, right?"

"Right."

"Good girl!" Iseul cheered, hugging her friend close. "Let's get to bed, I know you need to be ready at 8:30 for your 9 am lecture tomorrow."

Amber shook her head, smiling. "You know my schedule better than I do, I wonder what I'd do without you."

"It's because I care about y--your grades." Iseul stuttered for a minute, covered by a yawn. She must be tired if she's stumbling over her words, Amber thought. "You get some sleep too, okay Izzy? Love you."

"Love you too, Amber." 
 


Okay, I've been gone for forever, and I severely apologize, but look! Plot development! Aaaand look at what we have here-- the appearance of Chaelin too! Kris will appear in the next chapter, as long as the ever adorable panda that's his roommate uwu I hope you guys like it, and please stay tuned for the next chapter! I swear it won't take forever again, I have everything mapped out now. Enjoy reading and hopefully do all those things, like comment, subscribe, all that good stuff haha!
~Dannie