Snoozing off to Neverland

Dozing off to Neverland

Sometimes you just can't deal with it. His head is eternally in the cloud, and sometime you just can't help but wonder what could possibly be happening in that little head of his. Rubbing the stars from your eyes, you massage your sore shoulders as you make your way to the kitchen at 6:30 in the morning. Mechanically, you reach for the cocoa beans in the left cupboard, and start making your coffee like any other day.

 

"'ello."

You yelp and jump ten meters into the air, twirl around with a mouth of profanity right at the tip of your tongue, but you swallow it back down when you see his glistening eyes smiling at you under the bush of bed hair resting ontop the dining table.

"Morning, Lay." You clear your throat awkwardly, and answer after gaining your composure. Then you remember the fact that he didn't show up for dinner last night. 

"What did you have for dinner yesterday?" You ask, sipping on your coffee and looking at him with motherly concern. He stares at you blankly, and reaches his hand out for the pack of brown sugar in your hand. You sigh in exasperation and wonder, Why did I expect him to answer anyway? 

....Later on in the day

You are taking the laundries off the racks as you recite your schedule for this afternoon, "Pick up Chen from vocal class...drop Lay off to dancing class, and then take Tao to the Gucci Store, wait, didn't he go yesterday? Hmmmm, anyway, Xiumin has soccer practice at 5..." 

He skips and hops into the living room, whistling a song from our new album, and flops down next to you. You ask him about his day, and he gives you the exact times he walked down the streets, coughed, and washed his hands. Then he suddenly closes in like he was letting you in on a secret, and tells you...

"I had chicken soup, pork cutlet with rice, and an orange after!" Blink. Blink. Information processing. Excess decline. Download failed. 

"What?" He winks, and grins at you happily. Then, he dismises you and turns on the TV and watches the new episode of Tom and Jerry, giggling occasionally. After quite a while, he suddenly rises like he's possessed by some dark magic, and strodes away zombie-style. 

 

He finds a wooden stool and places it near the window, where he gazes at the stars for hours while you worry about his sanity. You bring him his dinner, since he missed it during his period of intense star-gazing. You watch him eat in a comfortable silence, telling yourself how eventful this day was, when Lay continues to surprise. 

 

He places his bowl down, and starts shaking your shoulders, sqealing, "Oh my god, I have a solo tomorrow, Oh my God!" over and over again.

And you just answer tell him over and over how we've talked about this already, and that he also has a solo dance tomorrow while trying to shove the rest of the food into his mouth. "Oh my god, let me show you!" He gets up, and seriously, shows you a little of his dance moves. Honestly, you are always surprised by how magnificent and naturally talented he is at dancing although he could be a little...off...sometimes. You are so deep in thought that you don't notice him collapsing onto the floor, until you hear the loud, "Bang!"

 

Frightened, you rush to his side, and check for injuries, pulse, and heartbeat, and you realize...he's fallen asleep!

 

You sighed, but can't stop the edges of your lips from lifting upwards ever so slightly as you look at his sleeping face, and you say, "Goodnight Lay, have fun in dreamland..."

 

Another day of typical Lay...(it rhyhms!)