I'm Blonde and Not a Cheerleader

Over and Over Again

“…and that’s what happens when two ionic elements combine together. Now when you combine…” As the teacher in front of the board continued to drone on, the kids behind her was internally groaning.

Taking advantage of the teacher’s lack of awareness, a girl in the back of the room took a little piece of paper and wrote a little note. Once she was done, she lean towards the boy in front of her and pass the note. “Pass this to Seulgi.”

Taking the note from her, he turn towards the guy next to him and told him the same thing. It became a chain of note passing until it reached its destination. “Seulgi, this if for you.”

Nodding her thanks, the blonde open the note and immediately recognized the blue pen writing.

“Are you really sure you don’t want to continue cheerleading?”

Letting out a sight, she folded the paper and counted to ten before the bell rung. Putting her stuff away she got up and walk over to her friend in the back. “I thought I made it clear the other day, Wendy. Cheerleading is just taking up too much of my time. I need to focus on my academics.”

Letting a mock gasp, Wendy ask, “Are you calling me stupid?” They both turn towards the door and made their way to the courtyard for lunch. “But seriously why just drop it? You were the best of the best. You know I think you were going to be the next captain.”

“I think I just wanted to focus in school to get into a good college, you know?”

They both soon found their bench and sat down. “No, I really don’t.”

“Well that’s because you’re still the airhead that I’ll always love.” The Canadian just look lost. “Yep, love the airhead.”

“I’m sorry. It’s just that the basketball team just got out of class, and that Mark Tuan guy is kinda hot, don’t you think?”

Looking up at the said team, Seulgi just stared with a bored look. “Are you still obsessing over that guy?”

“He’s not just any guy,” she defended herself. “He just so happen to be the co-captain of the basketball team and is also the smartest person out there.”

“Wendy still obsessing?” Irene ask while sitting next to the blonde.

“It’s not obsessing! It’s strong admiration!”

“Obsessing, unnie, it’s called obsessing,” their maknae, Yeri, said.

“Where do you people come from?” the Canadian snarled.

“Unnie, why did you do this to your hair?” the little one ask while pulling at Seulgi’s recently dyed hair.

“I just wanted a change I guess. You know quit cheerleading, focus on school, go blonde. I guess I just reinvented myself a little too much,” she said with a little grimace.

“It’s not that bad, unnie. If anything I think it makes you look prettier,” said Joy.

“Aw~ Thank you my little babies,” she cooed while patting their heads.

“Yeah, sure when they talk to you it’s all warm and giggles, but when it’s me it’s either push or shove,” Wendy mumbled.

“Oh, Wendy, what am I going to do with you?” Irene ask jokingly as she wrap her arms around Wendy.

“I don’t know, mommy. I don’t know,” she sniffled with nonexistent tears.

“Oh, you were always so dramatic,” Joy said while poking the older girl’s thigh.

“Hey, respect your elders,” she said.

“Where is she?”

“Why you little-”

“Your man two o’clock,” Irene fake coughed.

“Wait, where?” the moment she turn she saw him staring at her with an amused smile. With a quick smile and wave, she turn back with a flush face. “Did I look stupid?”

“No, it was kind of cute.”

“Was that sarcasm, Seul?!”

“Ugh, just leave it be,” Irene sigh.

Glancing at her watch, Seulgi check the time and saw that it was getting closer to the end of their break. “Well girls, it’s time for me to start heading to my dance class.”

“I thought you were focusing on studying,” Wendy mock.

“I’m only taking the class to help Mrs. Lee with the students. This is her way of giving me my credits. Now I really have to go. See you after school, girls.”

 

--

 

Placing her bag on the side of the room, Seulgi stood up straight and glanced at the mirror. She had manage to get to the dance studio in time and change into a pair of shorts and a loose t-shirt. Putting her hair into a ponytail, she took the few minutes of peace to start stretching.

She was halfway through her warm-ups and stretches when she heard a whistle behind her. “Hey, gorgeous.”

Turning towards her intruder, she just sigh when she saw who it was.

“Oh, it’s just you.”