The Interview

The Begining of a New Life

Interviewer:They are third girl-group to come out of SM Entertainment after SNSD and F(x). They are the first Korean Group whose members are all foreigners, Americans. There’s not much known about them as they are yet to debut. They are going to debut with their first mini-album titled 'Bounce' which has already booked the first position the day the audio version has been released. Please put your hands together for the lovely girl group C-3 and its members, Emily, Cathy and Lidia. Please introduce yourselves.

Em, Cath & Li: Annyeonghaseyo! We are C-3! Nice to meet you.

Interviewer: C-3! Daebak! Please introduce yourselves individually.

Emily: Annyeonghaseyo! My name is Emily Anderson and I am C-3's leader and rapper.

Cathy: Annyeonghaseyo! My name is Cathy Stewart and I am C-3's vocalist and visual.

Lidia: Annyeonghaseyo! My name is Lidia Parker and I am C-3's dancer and maknae.

Interviewer: Ever since SMEnt has released teasers about the debut of a new band, there has been a lot of speculation among the netizens and kpoppers across the world. Tell us how you are feeling about debuting after so many years of hardwork? Did you have a rough time as rookies?

Emily: Well, we have trained really hard for almost 4 years and achieving something like this, you know, that too in foreign soil is something to be very excited about. At the same time though we don't know what to expect.  So we are very nervous.

Interviewer: Just a few months ago, SM has debuted a boy-band, EXO and within a gap of say, 2-3 months, they are debuting a three-member girl group. So as a result of all these do you feel any pressure?

Lidia: Well, we have worked really hard for our debut and so have EXO sunbae-nims. We have trained together on so many occasions. And they have turned out pretty well. So yeah, there’s naturally a pressure on us to do well too.

Interviewer: The three of you have come from US after winning SMEnt Auditions held in New York 2009. So initially when you guys came here, to Korea, did you face any problems?

Cathy: Well, yeah……things didn’t turn out as we expected them to. We had a communication problem because we didn’t know Korean that well and also the food, culture, in fact, almost everything was different for us. But we soon found very good friends from the industry and yeah, they helped us a lot, and by lot means a LOT. So we wouldn’t be in this position if not for them.

Emily: And the most important part of our struggle is that we as best friends have supported each other in each and every way possible. So yeah, we faced a lot of problems but we faced them together.

Interviewer: Oh! Faced problems together. Now, that’s team spirit. So tell us about your debut album, ‘BOUNCE’.

Cathy: Um…Okay…..our debut album (Gosh! I love saying that) name is BOUNCE. So our main song’s name is also BOUNCE. The lyrics are written by Li and Em. Its all about bouncing to one’s dreams and following your heart and living life the way you want. The lyrics are really good and convey a very good meaning to the listener.

Emily: The song is of R&B type with mesmerizing beats. And even the video turned out to be good. Oh and yeah, the cover image is designed by me.

Interviewer: Oooh…..multi-talented people!

Emily: Thank-you.

Lidia: Apart from the main song, we have several other very good tracks like Bad Boy, Extinction, Manga love, Gamer and we have included a ‘thank-you’ song for our fans in the very first album called ‘To-you’. It’s a melodious song and has a very soothing effect on the listener.

Interviewer: So each and every song from the album has a different style and conveys a different meaning?

Emily: Yeah, something like that.

Interviewer: How long have you guys been working on it?

Lidia: I think it was just 4 months yeah?

Cathy: Yeah…..just 4 months.

Interviewer: Have any of your seniors come and spoken to you guys, given you advice and stuff?

Lidia: Yeah, we had loads of support from our sunbae-nims. Leeteuk oppa, came to our practice room one day and explained to us how it’ll be like to debut and answered a lot of questions from us and helped us a lot. We’ll really miss him when he will go to the army.

Emily: Eunhyuk sunbae-nim came and helped us with our dance moves and he brought in his own ideas as it was his area of expertise. Even Boa unnie came and helped us out.

Interviewer: Oh…so many of your seniors showing you support already? Well, tomorrow the MV for Bounce is gonna be released, so any message you want to convey to your fans?

Cathy: We would like to thank all the fans for supporting us and we promise to do our very best at each and every show or promotion. Keep supporting us and once again thank you!

Interviewer: Well, such happy manners, such good breeding, ah, ok, now, time for some personal questions. What are your ideal types?

Lidia: Ideal types?

Emily: As in, the type of boys we like?

Interviewer: Yeah, what qualities do you want your boyfriend to possess?

Emily: Well, my boyfriend would be a tall, handsome, funny man who dances and sings extremely well and who loves to read books and cooks well I guess?

Cathy: My ideal type is a man who loves me and me only, um…sings well, looks good, and never be able to defeat me in online games. LOL!

Lidia: Ok. Mine would be a tall and handsome person who is kind-hearted, sings extremely well, and has a smile that would melt my heart.

Interviewer:  WOW! The three of your types are very different from each other.

Cathy: Duh!  We don’t want to fall in love with the same guy.

Interviewer: So since your album tries to convey a message called, ‘bounce to your dreams’, what would have been your dreams if not this current situation?

Cathy: I think I still would have been becoming a singer.

Emily: Um…a doctor or a journalist.

Lidia: A tennis player.

Interviewer: Ok…..lets wrap up this interview. Thanks a lot for joining us here today and hope your album becomes a very good success and good luck with your dreams. So viewers, just bounce to your dreams with C-3.

Em, Cath & Li: Thank you!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Phew! Finally updated! Please anticipate! I will be back with the next chapter very soon. Please leave your comments below.