CHAPTER II

SECOND CHANCE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Third person’s POV)

 

(Note: Povs will not be stationary on one person.)

 

She wiped the trace of tears making its way down her cheeks and somehow took some time to process all the information she was totally oblivious over the years. All the memories she has with Siwon came striking her like bullets and ever memories leave pinch in her heart. She never knew that what she suspects as a simple act of kindness and friendship the guy offered only to her means more than what it looks like.  The same phrase bothers her as what the guy had state in the letters, why they aren’t that courageous enough to break out of their comfort zone and take their friendship to the next level.  If ever one of them just took the first step, and if she wasn’t too tied up under her parent governance and decisions, then maybe; maybe she is living a life like the way she once dream off.  But how deep her regret is, it is no use, she can’t go back to her life. She has no power against fate and no other way to rewrite her story for she already has her chance and she wasted it.

She took a deep breath and stared at the last two letters in her hands. Though she was hesitant, she forced herself to open the letter and while reading more tears drop off from her eyes. With her shirt drenched in tears, a puffed face and messy hair she hastily grabbed her coat from one of the cabinet and made her way somewhere.

 

 

September 20, 2064
Dear Stephanie Hwang,

 

Hi, I hate you! I was hurt to know that Siwon loves you better than me. 

I did but I can’t hate you forever cause I, myself once a fan of you and Siwon. I always wished I can find someone so that would care for me like he does and someone that would look at me with his eyes flaming with love like how he looks at you.  And yes I did find him in the presence of your man, Siwon, but the love in his eyes wasn’t there anymore and the way he looks at me is different from how he usually does. And it hurts that I begin hating you, but you know what hurts more? It hurts me more knowing that all this time he is still into you and I became the protagonist of your love story. And I also begin hating myself for being the hindrance in your love.

I’m sincerely asking for forgiveness so here I am making a bridge for you. I’ll be sending every letter he writes to you, for you know how he loves you. I know it already late but it’s always better than never

 

Ps. Attached to this letter is our address and a plane ticket. He said he wants to see you one last time. I hope you can come.

 

-Im Yoona

 

September 27, 2064

Dear Stephanie Hwang,

 

I wrote a letter to you last week but before I was able to send it something happened. I know it will hurt you and I know how it feels. He already went back home. I’m sorry I couldn’t hold him for too long. And I know I should have told you earlier but before that he said he doesn’t want you seeing him leaving once again.

 

Here is the address, Mount Sinai. . .

 

She’s been staring down at the withered plant and flowers beneath her for long enough. She didn’t how much time she spent crying but tears still keep on falling down on the grass like gravity has full control over her tears. But no, gravity has no connection

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter