Chpt 1: Hello boys

"The Stars, Minji, the Stars"

~Minji~

     "Oh you have gotta be FREAKING kidding me!" I heard from below me.

     "We've been walking in circles for three hours!" said another voice.

     "Well, what do you suggest we do?" A third voice.

     "Turn around," that made four.

     "We turned around six times already!" Five.

     "Can't we just stop and figure everything out?" Six.

     "I'm with hyung. I can't go much farther." And that made seven.

     "Fine," said a deep voice. One from before. No new voices were introduced. So seven in total.

     The whole conversation was in Korean. 

     And I understood all of it. It had taken two and a half years, but given the circumstances, I had become pretty fluent in Korean. 

     So, there were seven lost boys below me.

     And, I realized, the strange thing was that I recognized their voices. I had never met these boys before, but I knew exactly who they were. But they were NOT going to invade my forest. They were either gonna leave on their own, or I was gonna make 'em leave. The boys were right below my tree now, and I could see the seven of them clearly. One of them sat down against the trunk of the tree I was in and sighed, throwing his head back in frustration. I either had to do it now, or they would never leave. So, I waited until I found a spot in the middle of them and dropped a knife. 

     I heard one of the boys scream as the knife landed, blade first, in the ground.

     "Hyung, calm down!" one of them commanded.

     "What was that?" the one with the high voice asked.

     "It's... a knife," said the one who spoke first. Suddenly, all the boys looked up, and I smiled knowing they couldn't see me through the leaves on the tree. But, I could see them, and they all looked terrified.

     "Hyung... there's someone here..." said a small one, directed at the one with blonde hair.

     "Of course there's someone here, you idiot!" said the one against the tree.

     "Shhh!" the blonde shushed the group. Everyone went silent. The one against the tree started to stand up. "No!" the blonde whispered. "Nobody move..." For about five minutes, they all stood as still as statues. Not one of them moved an inch. I couldn't take this. I wanted them gone. So, quietly, I stepped on the farthest branch and jumped, dropping 15 feet and landed (like a boss) standing on the ground.
      Every single one of them screamed and one of them ran to my right. I rolled my eyes and took off after him. I was only running for about ten seconds before I tackled him to the ground, hauled him up to his feet, and dragged him back to the small clearing. I threw him towards the tall, skinny one, and he stood behind the boy, cowering in fear.
      "Next time, Hoseok, don't make the mistake of thinking you can outrun me."

----------------

     All of them froze again. I knew that they were even more terrified now that they realized I knew J-Hope's name.

     I laughed. Looking at V, I realized he was almost about to cry. He was already sitting with his back up against a tree, and he panicked when he realized he couldn't go back anymore. "Calm down, Taehyung," I said to my ultimate bias. "I'm not gonna hurt you. As long as you idiots do what I tell you to."

     I chuckled as I noticed them all take in one collective, nervous gulp. Six of them nodded in agreement, but the blonde just glared at me.

     "Wait," he said. "Don't do anything she says, boys. Don't trust anything she tells you."

     I sighed. "Namjoon, why are you making everything more difficult?" I asked.

     "I'm not answering any questions until you tell me how you know our names," he growled, a hint of nervousness in his eyes.

     "You have about one and a half million fans around the world, who know just about every detail of your lives, and you're wondering how I know your names?" I scoffed. "Seriously, Rap Mon, you don't ask all the A.R.M.Y members that, do you?" I said as I laughed.

     None of them responded. They all had terrified looks on their faces but Jimin just looked downright confused. I figured he was hard to scare, so he was probably my best bet with negotiation at the moment.

     Not in general. Just right now.

     "Yah! Bak Jimin!" I called out. They all looked at me with blank expressions as they, no doubt, wondered why I had used an informality with an elder, but I had these boys in the palm of my hand, so I could be as informal as I wanted. After all, this was my turf. This was America and in America, we didn't necessarily respect our elders, especially if our elders were trying to kill us.

     Jimin smiled as he realized that I was now paying attention to him. 

     "Yeeesss?" he responded with a grin.

     "Why are you here? In America. In a forest in the middle of Maryland. Why aren't you in Korea?" I asked really fast, and it took a few moments for them to understand what I had said, but the moment they did, I could see all their faces change. They turned dark, and filled with emminent despair.

     I looked up to Jimin, but his head was lowered, and he was staring at the ground.

     "That..." Yoongi said beside me, not meeting my eyes. "We didn't want to come here. Didn't want to leave Korea. But, we didn't have a choice." He paused and I waited for him to continue. "You know what they did to the celebrities, right?" I nodded and so did he. Yoongi opened his mouth to continue, but he was cutoff.

     "They took us last month," Namjoon interrupted, leaning against a tree with his arms folded. "They just waltzed into the dorm and took us. They brought us here, to some stupid warehouse. But Jin was smart enough to figure out the air vent patterns. That's how we got out. We escaped that hell and ran around the city for two days. But, we figured they'd come looking for us. So we ran here. We've been walking around the frickin' woods all day." Namjoon said nothing more. There was a long, awkward pause, and no one looked at each other. My eyes shifted among them all until I finally gave up on trying to get more answers. But then Seokjin spoke up.

     "So, to answer your question: we're here, because of the war."