Safety

Trust Me

Trust Me
ksolo


Ch.1 — Safety


 


“Can you hear me? Please stay awake—“

Those were the last words Choi Minho heard before slipping away into darkness.

    The night had been one hell of a blur. His roommate had convinced him somehow to get out of the dorm, and go to a club of all places. The night went by fast due to rounds of shots, and loud music. The club wasn't huge, but was heated from so many people packed into the place. So many unrecognizable faces made him feel dizzy as it was, adding alcohol to that just made it ten times worse.

    Minho was a biology major, barely 22 years old, and a huge sports fan. He wasn't the kind of guy you would find in a sleazy, loud club, but more the kind you would find studying in a coffee shop. He enjoyed talking to people, but large numbers of them made him somewhat anxious. His priorities were studying and television, as boring as that sounds. 


    When his roommate asked him if he’d like to come, earlier that day, he had no excuse to say no. He had finished his midterms, and was basically free of assignments for the time being. “It’ll be fun, and all drinks on me! Let’s celebrate!” Is what his roommate said as he dragged Minho out the door, only giving him time to grab a coat and his phone. They took a cab, and ended up meeting his friends at the club at around 11:00pm.

    The clock on the wall, barely visible in the dim club’s lighting read 1:05 by the time pretty much everyone but a select few in his roommate’s group were completely hammered drunk. That included Minho of course, but not very noticeably. He went somewhat quiet, spacing out a lot, and walking sort of funny, but nothing other than that. Nothing reckless like his friends, who talked loudly, started ually dancing on one another, and even getting into fierce arguments. It was chaos.
    The clock read 1:40am, but by now no one cared what time it was, as long as someone still had money for drinks, and the music didn't stop. At this point he was awkwardly standing off to the side of his group, talking a little bit to the man standing next to him. A younger guy than him, but his face and voice weren't familiar, or anything he knew he would remember when he woke up the next morning. At that point everything began to blur, the music turning to pulsing beats and nothing else, the talking of his friends turning to nearly static noise, and his vision impaired so much that finally it just—

    And there he was, on the floor passing out, being reassured by one of the few sober people there until his mind went completely blank.



— — 



The first thing Minho experienced with waking up was a piercing headache, probably the worst in his life. It was painful to even open his eyes without wincing at his head pain. The second thing he noticed was that the room he was in was not his own. The room was plain, but neat. Everything in the room decorated in shades of grey, black, and red, but was light and neat. The careful work of someone who knew what they were doing. He sat up, and stretched his arms over his head, hearing them crack quietly as he did so. His coat was no longer on him, just his tee shirt, and pants were completely gone. He panicked for a moment until he saw them neatly folded at his bedside table, along with his coat, and phone sitting on top of them all.
    Through his terribly painful headache, he attempted to remember anything from the night before, only remembering his roommate dragging him out, and vague details about the club. Nothing that could lead him to an answer for where he was. He didn't remember being taken anywhere, and this was much too nice to be a kidnapping. These questions only made Minho’s head reel more, causing him to put a hand through his hair and push it back, only making it flop back onto his forehead again.
    Out of nowhere, from the second room of the dorm he could hear a sudden rattling of dishes, and a cabinet closing, then finally footsteps approaching. He couldn't imagine who would walk in, in all honesty Minho believed that the person was going to be a younger girl, freshman maybe. He only thought this because of the room’s neatness, and the cute pencils and pencil case on the desk on the other side of the room.

“Ah!—Thank god you’re awake! You’re Minho, right?”

    A man walked out from the other room, holding a cup of coffee, and sounding quite relieved to see that Minho was alright. This stranger’s features were delicate on his face, hair jet-black, and in something barely less, and more layered than a bowl cut. He was shorter than Minho, and looked as if he weighed no more than 120 pounds. The truly noticeable part, Minho thought to himself, was the boy’s feminine face, delicate and naturally happy looking. If this man was a kidnapper, he sure was a pretty one.
    It took Minho a while to stop spacing out on the stranger’s appearance and reply to his question.

“Yeah, I am. Choi Minho. Uh, you?”

Minho stumbled over his words, mostly because of the fact he had woken up five minutes ago, and somewhat because of his sudden emotions towards this person.
The raven haired boy smiled sweetly, and pushed the coffee mug into Minho’s hands before answering. Then he pulled up the chair to his desk and sat, talking more calmly than before.

“Taemin. Lee Taemin, and I’m sort of guessing you want to know why you’re here, huh,”

“Yes that’d be nice.”

Minho nearly bit his tongue at sounding so sarcastic. But it was the truth, he was genuinely interested in knowing where the hell he was.
Taemin took a breath and crossed his legs, as if preparing to tell a story.

“You passed out, standing up at the club last night, and everyone else was too drunk to really care or carry out anything to get you home. So uh—“

He paused and looked at the floor in thought, then sat up straight again.

“I somehow dragged you far enough to get you into my car and take you here. I-I’m trying my best to make this not sound creepy or anything, I just thought if you got some sleep and some water that would be a bit better than a dirty club floor…”

Minho, for the first time that day, smiled and nodded reassuringly.

“Thank you, so much. This usually doesn't happen, I swear and—“

“It’s fine, it’s really not a problem.”

Taemin giggled, and put a hand through his bangs, combing them out of his face. He really was a sight for sore eyes. His light flawless complexion seemed to make his lips stand out more, as they were pink, and shaped like a covergirl model’s. His laugh was sweet and kind hearted, and it made Minho’s heart skip a beat. Even just meeting this man caused him to blush like a schoolgirl.

By 11:00, Minho was nearly out the door. He’d apologized more than enough times, and had had enough coffee to keep his headache at least a little bit at bay. He had also found out a little bit more about the boy that had strangely rescued him. He was an architecture major, but really he enjoyed dance and performing arts much more. He was barely 21, and his roommate had moved out a few months back, so he had the place to himself. Because of his family’s wealth, he could pay the place off without putting out flyers for a new roomie. Taemin said he didn’t mind it, except that it got a little boring being alone all the time.
    He was stopped from walking out the door by a delicate tap of a hand on his shoulder. Minho spun around at the touch, and looked back to the raven haired boy behind him. As soon as he did so, Taemin looked down at the ground, as if embarrassed by even that much eye contact. He then darted his eyes to the side, and began to speak, quietly and tentatively.

    “Do you want to go to lunch sometime— I mean if you’re free it’s okay if you’ve got plans or aren't-“

Taemin stopped himself before he could say anymore. Even so, the taller boy tilted his head to the side like a confused cat, and wanted to pursue that sentence anyways.

    “Arent what?”

A moment of silence fell across them as Taemin looked for words in his head that would sound alright to say. He continued to look at the floor until he did so, looking somewhat flustered at his own confusion.

    “I don’t know… I guess I mean, uh, if you’re not into guys?”

Minho’s eyes widened at the fact the younger boy had asked him out first, and in a romantic sense too, not just as friends. He looked forward at the boy, and saw that he was back to looking down and to the side, at nowhere in particular. His face was tinged pink, even at such a casually stated question. Instead of going straight to words, Minho without thought reached out and clasped one of Taemin’s hands, startling him and causing him to look up.

 

    “Is this weekend fine? Saturday, 2:00 at the cafe down the st—”

Well that was a let down. Taemin thought to himself, scoffing in his head at that thought as if in an argument with his own self conscious. The older boy seemed to realize how anticlimactic that sentence was as well, and now he was the one flustered and looking nervously at the floor. Taemin’s thoughts were now completely jumbled in a mix of anxiousness, adoration, and unimpressed emotion. But before he could even speak up, he felt the other hand, not entwined with his own, cup his face and pull him into a soft kiss.
    It was a little soon for that, but it made up for the mistake earlier, in the heat of the moment Taemin had already completely forgotten that it had happened. His arms had already found their way over the older boy’s shoulders, and his eyes had shut in an instant. Frankly, he did not mind the suddenness at all.
    They parted in a moment, and took a moment to just look at each other in such close range. Minho took note of every detail of the boy’s face as he looked back at him. His delicate form, and soft, heart shaped lips. Everything about him seemed so right.
    Minho shook those aesthetic thoughts away for a moment to get back to reality. The younger boy was still looking at him, most likely doing the same, and checking him for the smallest details.

“You’re really pretty,”

“I get that a lot.”

“No, I mean it. You’re gorgeous, you’re a great person for doing this—”


    Taemin laughed, making the other boy confused for a moment until he stopped laughing and replied to the sentence he had cut off.

“For doing what, asking you out?”

    Minho chuckled, putting his free hand through his hair, then answering calmly.

“For not leaving me dead-drunk on a club floor. For somehow carrying me all the way here. For caring enough to do that, I really think that’s amazing. That’s beautiful. But,”

“But what?”

    Taemin was quick to add on a question to another question. The taller boy sighed as if what he was thinking was dumb of him to ask. He scratched his head and looked seriously into the other’s eyes, bringing the cheery mood almost to a grinding halt.

“—But I want you to tell me, please please tell me, that you’re not doing this out of pity. That you’re not trying to make me happy because you feel sorry for me.”

    Taemin nearly stopped breathing at how deep the conversation had gotten, and how serious on the first day of meeting each other for real. Despite his terror of saying something wrong at this point and completely wrecking his chances, he spoke up, in a quiet and sincere voice.

“You can trust me, I’m not going to pity you for that, or hopefully ever. Please trust me.”

“I trust you.”

Minho kissed him one last time, soft and quick before turning around and walking out the door. He almost looked like a happy kindergardener who had just confessed his crush on someone as he walked with an obvious skip in his step. Taemin rolled his eyes as if he had known the man for years. He then shut his dorm door and fell back onto his bed, putting a pillow over his face and laughing like a schoolgirl.

Once he stopped laughing to himself, he held the pillow to his chest, and stared at the ceiling. Things happened so fast but, Somehow this feels different. Somehow this seems safer. This seems right.

He mentally scolded himself for being so cheesy, then stood up and walked to his desk to restart his studying.




-- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- --

Yo I'm back, it's 4am and I'm cheesy as ever.
This WILL have more chapters so stay tuned I guess
I should update in the next few days beacause I am on a break and I do not have to study yehaw.

Subscribe and pLEASE review ! Thank you for reading-!

--Ki