Kibum

Trust Me

Ch.2 - Kibum

[ some ual things mentioned, no graphic stuff though. Mentioned OnKey. ]

————

3:00am, Friday

    The pitch black darkness of Taemin’s room was disturbed by a flashing phone and annoying ringtone. Of course this ringtone wasn't even recognizable being as groggy as he was at the moment being. Taemin groaned and grabbed a pillow, put it promptly over his head and waited for the phone to turn off. It couldn't ring forever, could it?
    He completely jinxed the situation with that thought. It rang for another ten minutes, and frankly Taemin was the same level of amazed as he was frustrated. He finally threw the pillow on top of his head to the side and brushed his messy raven hair behind his ear, reaching for the glowing phone with no enthusiasm whatsoever. He made a strangled hiss as the light hit his eyes, then unlocked and answered the phone.

“H-hello,”

    He talked in a low monotone voice, obviously irritated and tired. His voice scratchy and out of character. Anyone friends with him would know waking him at this kind of time would end up like this, but only one of them was close enough to not care at all.

“TAE-! I heard you asked someone out? I want to know everything okay, tell me, did you—“

    Taemin cut him off in a long, loud sigh of a voice.

“Kibum, it is three in the morning, why do you care now of all times…Why are you awake anyways?”

    His voice cleared a bit, as he was now awake enough to be sarcastic as he could be to Kibum.

“Oh, just studying y’know…No big deal nothing—“

“You just got laid, didn't you.”

Kibum was silent for a moment before breaking out into a snarky, loud laugh. Taemin sighed yet again because, well, he truly was shameless.

“You got me, I’m a little drunk, a little sore, and I’m in your kitchen.”

    In that moment he heard his cabinets opening and closing in the next room over. Taemin nearly screamed at him from his room, but remembered he was a decent person and people were sleeping in the same building. After all, it was 3:15am. He nearly rolled off of the bed onto the floor, but caught himself and began trudging to the kitchen.
    He flicked on the lights to see Kibum messing around with his shelves looking for something to put in his coffee. With the flash, the blonde boy’s head spun around to look at the younger student, eyes dilating like a cat’s. He then snickered and continued looking for whatever he was searching for.

“Good morning Tae! How did you sleep?”

    Taemin grunted in frustration, then pulled up a chair to his kitchen counter, waiting for Kibum to get him a cup of coffee. He honestly had no idea why he put up with his friend. Kibum was pretty much the opposite of him in most ways. He was loud, confident, and catty, where as Taemin himself was quiet, shy, and kind towards strangers. Not to mention the older boy being incredibly…Well, flamboyant.

“I was fine until you showed up in my kitchen…I should have never gave you a house key.”

    Kibum laughed loudly, making the younger boy twitch knowing his neighbors would complain in the morning.

“But you did sweetie, and now you have to deal with me.”

“But what if I flush that key down the toilet—“

“I have four extra copies hidden at my place. Don't try to challenge me, Lee.”

    Kibum hummed in satisfaction with himself, then made a quick “Aha!” signaling that he had found what he was looking for. Taemin now noticed it was just sugar, and he could of helped him find it all along, except he didn't want to.

“Whatever. Hurry up and talk, I’m exhausted. I have school tomorro—“

“No you dont.”

    Taemin looked up from slouching across the counter, and nearly glared at him.

“Did you set the Architecture building on fire?”

    The raven haired boy looked oddly serious. He truly did believe Kibum was crazy enough to do such a thing. Kibum smiled sweetly and grabbed his friend’s cheeks, making Taemin look him in the eyes.

“You’re dumb building drawings are safe. No, we’re going to do something tomorrow, that we haven’t done in a loooooooooong time.”

.

“We’re going out to celebrate your new girlfriend! Tell me, is she cute? What’s she like, tell me everything!—“

Taemin lifted a finger to retort, but was cut off by a squeak of excitement from the feline boy.

“No, no, no. Don’t tell me anything. Tell me tomorrow, get some sleep now, okay? Don’t want you all exhausted and grumpy before tomorrow. Off you go, sweet dreams.”

    Before Taemin could even blink, so it seemed, he was being pushed back into his dark room. It was surprising how Kibum could manipulate a person like that— not so much in a mean way, but in the way that he could just look away for a moment, and he would be on top of someone, or getting into a catfight, or burning down his kitchen. (All of these things happening before.)

“Hey, Kibum!”

    Taemin yelled loud enough for him to hear in the next room, but not loud enough so that he woke anyone.

“Yes Tae?”

    He replied calmly, appearing in the doorway like a phantom. A phantom with white blonde dyed hair, a streak of pink going down the side of his perfectly straight bangs.

“You kind of blew off the whole ‘Oh yeah, I just got laid’ thing. Who was it than?”

    The older boy suddenly got fidgety, a behavior he didn't usually participate in when it came to ual situations. Either he was sleeping with someone embarrassing to talk about, or he actually had feelings for someone. Either way, Taemin was very interested in this.
    Kibum took a sigh, looking to the side of the room. If the room had any more light than the slight lamplight emanating from the room behind Kibum, Taemin could have been sure he was blushing— alot. The feline boy chuckled and gave in to Taemin’s questioning.

“That kid who works at the coffee shop in the mall, Jinki. Yeah him.”

    Taemin almost began laughing hysterically, not because of his choice, but because Kibum had a crush. It was astonishing to him that he actually fell for someone, and not just because of their nice abs, or sculpted calves. Taemin thought it better to be supportive and not put him down for once. After all, when was this situation ever going to happen again? Maybe never.

“Let’s just hope that kid likes you better than his fried chicken. Good for you, Kimmie.”

    The younger boy smiled kindly, joking of course, but still giving off a radiant smile that was all the reassurance in the world.

“Whatever, and don't call me Kimmie. I’ll mess you up, kid.”

    Kibum walked away, scoffing at the dumb nickname, but smiling, playfully flipping him off as he closed Taemin’s door. The raven haired boy flopped back on his bed. Kibum was obviously going to sleep on his couch, but he didn't care at this point. He was too tired to care what the older boy was up to in his living room. Or to question why he was so lively after a heated night of nothing Taemin wanted to imagine.
    Taemin finally got under his comforter, and fell asleep almost at the moment his head hit the pillow. It was nearly four in the morning now, and he was honestly not prepared for the bombardment of questions Kibum would give him in the morning. He thought about how he would tell him that this person wasn't a girl, not that he would care one way or the other. But the younger boy cringed at a memory of him saying he was completely straight and possibly even betting money on it. Kibum’s laugh echoed in his mind as he remembered his exact words.

“I know exactly what your type would be too— a tall guy, somewhat muscular but not a beefcake… Smart, sporty. A pushover who would love to be domina—“

Taemin shook his head, and smushed his face into his pillow groaning at the idea of Kibum knowing this all along. Then again, thinking more clearly, he was most likely drunk to say those kinds of things. Just maybe he wouldn't remember. That one sentence got him thinking about the man he was going to lunch with in two days. Choi Minho fit his description spot on. Except for the end of course.
    His eyes shot open, face flushed at the thought of that fact not being confirmed. Sure, he seemed like a pushover, but that far? Taemin couldn't bare to think about these things before the first date. Minho did seem to be the lesser of the two when they kissed that day.

Taemin’s eyes fluttered shut, and he finally fell into a deep sleep.



    Taemin woke up slowly and groggily. He had such a tight sleep schedule that he always woke up no later than ten, even on weekends. Or, more accurately, even when he was woken in the middle of the night by his best friend, wanting to know about his relationship details. He sat up slowly, yawned, and stretched his arms out above his head. Kibum had obviously not woken up yet, or else he would be hearing music, or cabinets, or something.

    He made his way to the kitchen, combing his hair with his fingers on the way there, and adjusting the string on his pajama pants. From the kitchen he could see the blonde asleep on his couch, in a heap of blankets that were probably all of the blankets Taemin owned. That’s how he always slept, in a strange position (differing every time), and in a pile of blankets and pillows.
    Taemin yawned again, walking to the living room and staring down at him, before taking each blanket off, slowly enough to not be noticed, and flipping the couch cushion over causing Kibum to roll off on to the floor, squealing at contact.

“Rise and shine, loser.”

    The younger boy muttered in monotone, beginning to walk back into the kitchen to make himself coffee. Kibum sat up wearing an irritated expression, then putting the couch cushion back on and sitting down. He rolled his shoulders until he heard a crack, and kneaded sore spots from his arms down all of his back that he could reach, and to his thighs. Finally, he stood up and walked to the kitchen counter, sitting down and propping his face with one hand.

“‘Morning to you too, Taemin. Make me a coffee and I will love you forever,”

    Kibum began to move his ruffled bangs from his face, looking up at Taemin with a dull and lifeless expression. The boy lived off of coffee, or so it seemed. Every time Taemin saw him he had some form of Starbucks, or other local place’s coffee in his hand. Sure, usually during the day it was one of those frappachino type things, but it was always present.

“Yeah, I will. We eating here, or out? It’s your day.”

    The older boy’s face lit up a bit more at this. Taemin knew he would. He snickered, pointing at him with his free hand.

“No, it’s your day. I’m just a planner, supervisor, and overall best best friend in the world for setting this up. Yes, let’s eat out for brunch— it costs less than lunch and breakfast.”

    Taemin rolled his eyes and slid Kibum his mug, beginning to mentally prep for the day ahead.




    They had only been out of the restaurant for ten minutes and Kibum had already began raining questions on his friend. They wandered the mall, occasionally walking in a boutique because of Kibum’s obsession with the newest things in the clothing shops. In between shops, Kibum looked at Taemin, iced coffee in hand, and smirked coyly. 

 

“So, who’s the lucky girl? I mean, I told you so you’ve got to tell me. Best friend rules. I have priority.”

    Taemin breathed in sharply, feeling his cheeks heat up at the very thought of Minho. He thought it best to describe what happened from the start. Telling the whole truth, because lying was not something he could easily do around Kibum. The boy could juice out his secrets like squeezing out a lime.

“Well, you know my friend, Jonghyun right.”

    Kibum purred, his eyebrows going up, then down again. The feline boy had history with Taemin’s friend, and Taemin knew it very well.

“Yes, I do. Go on.”

“Well, he invited me to a club, last Friday. Just hanging out with a group of his friends, and I couldn't exactly decline because I didn't have any excuse not to go…”

“Mhm.”

    Kibum looked at him in interest as they walked, sipping on his straw silently.

“And uh, someone passed out at around one…Alchohol poisoning I think. So I dragged them to my car somehow and got them cleaned up, and into bed.”

    Kibum lifted his eyebrows in surprise, making the sunglasses just above his forehead move up a bit.

“Taemin, you’re a great person, you know that?”

“Yeah, I guess, but it was the least I could do really. Anyways, well they woke up fine, just hungover, and we talked for a few hours straight. When they were about to leave…I uh—“

    Taemin paused, looking to the side, cheeks flushing pink again as he remembered kissing Minho in the doorway.

“I asked them to lunch, and we kissed…”

    Kibum laughed, then spoke with an incredibly surprised tone.

“You, Lee Taemin, kissing someone before the first date? Man, has the world come to a halt?”

    Taemin punched Kibum playfully in the shoulder, making him hiss a bit and rub his shoulder with a glare. In a moment, going back to his normal excited self.

“So, she got a name?”

    The raven haired boy was incredibly surprised that Kibum hadn't noticed his extensive use of “they” in his story. He must have been to focused on Taemin embarrassing himself to notice, because he was still completely convinced that the person he had rescued was a girl.

“…Choi,”

    Kibum’s eyes became half lidded in unamusement.

“She got a first name? I’m not judging here, Tae.”

    Taemin bit his lip, staring at the ground and at his shoes as he walked. He finally released his lip from his teeth, and spoke in a hardly audible murmur.

“Choi Minho…”

    The blonde’s eyes widened, and in a split second he was laughing hysterically, leaning onto Taemin’s shoulder for support. When he recovered from his chuckling fit, he took a deep breath, and spoke in an airy tone, with an obvious aura of “I-told-you-so.”

“So somebody isn't as straight as he bet he was. And oh, what was it Taemin dear that I said your type was?”

    Kibum leaned towards the younger boy, still on his shoulder. He would not budge until Taemin spoke up, and man did Taemin hate when the older boy used “dear” on him. Finally, Taemin sighed and gave an unenthusiastic reply.

“Tall, sporty, smart…Nice body, a bit of a pushover…”

    Taemin’s cheeks became even more reddened at his own description of the man. The older boy noticed in an instant and leaned back, taking another sip of coffee. 


“That’s right, Tae. Doesn't that fit Mr. Choi perfectly?”

    Before Taemin could come up with a snarky response he realized what Kibum had just said. Looking at him, the younger boy could see that Kibum realized it as well. Finally, Taemin had the upper hand. It was time for him to use this to his advantage, which should have made him very happy, but really he was full of some new unpleasant emotion. Something close to anger, but not quite.

“So, how do you know him? I heard that, dear.”

    Taemin sneered, and in that moment he could place the emotion with ease.

    Jealousy. 

 

    Kibum laughed weakly, turning his head to avoid eye contact.

“Well, uh we met at a club last year… Got pretty close I guess.”

“Close? How so?”

    Taemin was just about to walk away from Kibum, not caring at all that the blonde could break into his house at any time anyways.

“Well, we dated for a while… We weren't compatible. We broke up. It’s all over now, there’s nothing to worry about… He’s a nice guy Tae, I’m happy for you.”


    Taemin crossed his arms, deciding with that not to walk away, but to continue his pouting.

    The rest of the day was pretty much normal. Except the occasional joke from Kibum, and the occasional tease at Kibum whenever he’d spot Jinki in the mall. Taemin’s mind would wander from time to time about what was going to happen tomorrow, and even wondering  if he’d get to feel those perfect, soft lips against his own again. This made him sigh in his place, Kibum shooting him confused glances whenever the time was right.

    

 

    Sure, Kim Kibum was his opposite, somewhat y, and had quite the background of scandalous relationships, but he was the best friend Taemin could ask for.
    

a/n

oooook so i am very sorry for the huge amount of dialogue i have rained upon you. but, next update is the upDATE am i right (i am sorry)
for real though, the next update should be good, it’s the date one so it wont be some cheesy filler thing like this one

kibum is fun to write oh man i love him (and i also have a thing for onkey, yes, i am sorry)
anyways, all in all I hope you liked this chapter and subscribe (AND PLEASE REVIEW) for the next update! ily all

-Ki