01

Natural Disaster

Did he like his job, we don’t know. But all we know is once you receive a Mission from the above, you must complete it. His job wasn’t something many enjoyed, he made natural disasters. His hands could burn a building down, his eyes could light up a cigar. His voice could make sparks. He was made of fire, from his soul to the tips of his fingers. This man, his name was Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol. Ever since he was a child, he’s grown up with a lighter in his pocket. Although there is no need for one, really. This man isn’t… Normal, he was born on a planet. 

 

This planet was named EXO. EXO is a planet where every century, a new selection of leaders take over. They make sure EXO itself is a healthy working planet, and every other planet in the galaxy. Only at the age of twenty-two, the light from above relies on him, Chanyeol. To find the last leader, which was born on Earth. This leader was unknown, by name, by voice, by appearance. No one besides the above knows about this ‘last leader’. But they’ve given the power to Chanyeol, a power much stronger than fire, to find this man. Funny thing was, no one knew what this miraculous power may be. Not even Chanyeol himself, who held the power in his chest. 

 

A wide grin appeared on the sun-kissed looking guy. “Been to Arizona before?” A toothpick between his teeth, his hands tuck into his pockets. “It’s quite hot, but you having your power. I bet it’ll be nothing,” Stepping and approaching the other, his hand brushes and pats Chanyeol’s shoulder. Lets go. In a split second the both of them are in a large field, chest stuffed, ears plugged. Chanyeol groans, he’s not a big fan of moving place to place- well, with Jongin.

 

“Jongin, how do you possibly handle this kind of crap,” His hands palmed at his ears, massaging them as he ‘ooo’ed. A chuckle left the other, “I was born with it, Chanyeol. Now I’ve got to head back, alright? Reminder, complete the mission. Find our last leader.” A ring of silence suffocated the two as they looked deep into each other’s eyes. “I wish you luck,” In a split second, Jongin’s finger snap. His body turning into black sand, dissolving into the air as he left. 

 

Gulping down the saliva which sat in his mouth, Chanyeol found himself in the middle of no where. ‘The idiot could’ve taken me to the city,’ mutters and grumbles left his lips as his head hung low. Feet stomping as he made his way down the grassy fields. Every once and then he’d have to smack his neck, disliking Earth already with it’s disgusting insects. A curse would slip out of his mouth here and there as he made his way towards the lights. Having the sun set helped him tons to find a local town. 

 

Throat dry, his cheeks were covered in dirt. His outfit clung to him, soaking in sweat. Approaching the town, he coughed loudly. Looking for water. Many gave him looks, confused to why this ‘hobo’, or ‘asian’ was out in the middle of no where, looking half dead. 

 

Approaching a cafe, he dry heaves as he enters. The smell of sweet pastries danced and covered him greatly as he entered. “Dear heavens, we do not have free food!” A country accent played with this lady’s voice. Her hat sitting on her head neatly as her red curls hung down. 

“I have cash, tons actually.” Chanyeol’s thick and raspy voice spoke out, his pronunciation working quite well. “But all I need is-” Taking a seat he runs a hand through his light brown hair. “Water,” He scratches at his neck. Irritated at the small red bumps that mosquitos made as they and . Soon walking out of the ‘Employees only’ door, the lady places glass cup onto the round wooden table. 

 

“That’ll be 1.75, please.” Orbs flicking upwards, he glances at the lady. Hand rummaging through his deep coat pockets, he lifted a dollar bill. Handing it to her with no expression. ‘I’m here for a mission, not to be a customer.’ Clearing his throat he stands up, startling the little lady. “May I get a takeout cup actually, I’m sorry,” 

 

Soon leaving the cafe with a styrofoam cup, Chanyeol glances at his wrist. A hiss leaving his lips as he looks down to his tattoo, lighting up and burning him lightly. ‘What is it,’ A glare from his eyes shoot up to the sun, confusion running through his mind. Clouds began to move faster, the wind hitting his strongly. ‘Ah, find shelter- quickly,’ Scrunching his face, he’s noticed only just how dark it is, glancing up at the sun again. Estimating what time it may be. 

 

Tic…Tok…Tic- Beads of sweat form on his forehead. He’s entered a motel, unsure of how he looks. ‘Will I look too awkward? Will I be strange?’ Cursing under his breath he taps the small silver bell which rung in seconds.

“Howdy! How may I help you? We’re having a sale this month, one family- two rooms! Are you alone, sir?” A bright young girl beamed a smile up at him, looking around the age of 19. “I’m going to rent a room for around, a week.” Looking down and avoiding eye contact, he searches for a card, or even cash in his pocket. “That’ll be…” A hum left the vibrant girl’s lips. “seventy times seven equals… four-hundred-ninety dollars sir! Will this be on cash or card?” Blue bright eyes, she smiles. “Cash,” 

 

Tired, he plopped down onto the bed. This motel wasn’t actually bad. Breakfast was served, Lunch as well. And the service was quite well. A grunt left Chanyeol’s lips once he remembered he must wake up early to search for this ‘leader’. He questioned himself inside, ‘Why is it that they sent me? Why not Kyungsoo? He had a record of returning to EXO after three hours on the search for Jongin when he left.’ Coming over the thought of Kyungsoo his brows knitted together.

 

 


 

uh, first chapter !