Chapter 2

Singing Got Better

With the few extra hours of sleep I got last night I was particularly awake this morning. I decided it would be a good day. Practicing for my monthly evaluation with Lalisa was something I found very efficient, I wasn't at her level of dancing when it came to my singing but our differences complimented each other and we were able to help each other out.

 

Today she was helping me with the dance. We danced the routine together for the umpteenth time; I had lost count. She hadn't been satisfied and so we had to keep practicing to get it right. As we neared the end of the dance, I hoped with whatever I had left in me that it was good enough. There was a seemingly never-ending pause, which I dreaded.

 

"That was good!" She squealed.

 

Sighing with relief, I plopped myself on the floor. Ahhh, the ground has never felt so appealing.

 

It was only moments later when there was a knock on the door and we were greeted with a male voice, "Sorry for interrupting but it's our turn to use the room". 

 

"Has it been 3 hours already?" I looked to Lisa. 

 

She answered with a shrug and went to grab her things, heading to the door almost immediately. I was dreading the moment I would have to leave the precious floor. I didn't want it to be so soon but the spectators were watching me with strange looks on their faces. I stood up dragging myself across the room to my bag and then back towards the door. 

 

"Sorry," I managed to get in before I disappeared around the corner. 

 

Before I could get out though, I heard a voice; it was so familiar that I turned around and peeked back in the room. "So, she can dance too."

 

I scanned through the new faces doing a double take when I reached one boy in particular. By the time I recognised him, I noticed he was looking amusedly at me. It was Jiwon, that idiot from last night. His group glanced between us wondering about the tension that was slowly building up in the room. I was thinking up a snarky comeback when I was tugged out of the room. 

 

"Do you know him?" Lisa asked shaking me excitedly and shooting suggestive glances at me. 

 

"No," I looked at her, with a confused expression, "stop looking at me like that." 

 

She wriggled her eyebrows at me and opened to say something.

 

“Let’s go eat!” I interrupted and pulled her along the corridor. Food could always get that girl's mind off of things. 

 

So that's what Minhyun was talking about when he said ‘how could we not know each other’. It wasn't like he was the only trainee I didn't know. I didn't really know anyone outside of my group either so it was understandable right? 

 

 

 

[...]

 

 

 

I let my legs hang off the edge of the sofa. I was lazily flicking through the channels on our dorms television when a TV show caught my eye. I went back to the previous channel and there was tune that I recognised, playing. It was something I had heard being blasted in the next room. It was a surprise to me as I began to see the boys I had just encountered today on television. It was a second’s choice to not change the channel that allowed me to discover what I did. It was Jiwon again. So he was in a YG survival program? 

 

The door clicking open startled me from my dreamland. 

 

"Hey, have you guys heard of the YG survival show?" I screamed at them from the couch. 

 

"That's what I was telling you about for a whole week now!" Jennie screamed back, scrambling to take off her shoes. 

 

Now I recalled her constant updates on a new boy group for the past weeks. In my defence it was always after practice and I was tired and only half conscious. 

 

The girls gathered in the lounge and we watched it together. I had to admit I was kind of jealous of their skills. How I didn’t know them prior to today was a mystery to me. I could have learnt a thing or two from them.

 

As the credits were rolling, signalling the end of the show, I had a revelation. "It all makes sense now," I exclaimed. The girls were swooning when they saw him at karaoke yesterday and were quite evidently trying to strike up conversation with him. I did notice, but I thought it was just because he was some popular kid. That's why I didn't understand why he would try to talk to me. 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N – Well, it only took me a few months, but I'm back with Chapter 2! I have a filler planned but I won't make any promises on when I'll post that because I have a horrible record. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.