You're A What?

I'll Just Stay For Tonight


    Holy , Taekwoon what the hell were you thinking?! You don't belong out here, what on earth possessed you to do this!
    I hunched my shoulders, trying to remain unnoticed as I walked the downtown streets. It was lightly drizzling outside, the rain melting the patches of snow left over from last night's snowfall, and I was wrapped tightly in Hakyeon's leather jacket. His pants and shirt were folded up in my backpack, and I squinted up at a flashing sign in front of me. 
    What was I doing downtown at midnight in the rain, you might ask? I was doing something stupid, I might say. 
    No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get Hakyeon out of my head. Where did he live? What did he do? What was his last name? Why was he running from those men?
    Therefore, I did the only sensible thing and decided to wander the streets alone at night with a backpack full of his clothes. 
    Stupid.
    "Hey, cutie." I jumped at the deep voice next to me, glaring at a tall man slouched against a brick wall. 
    "No, thanks." I spat, walking faster past the entrance to another nightclub and leaving him behind.     
    The streets were full of late-night partiers and ers, smoking and leaning against walls hoping to find someone to go home with. The girls were all tottering by on ridiculous heels, and I rolled my eyes when they passed in a cloud of perfume. This was not the part of town I was used to. 
    I walked past a group of men sitting on the stairs leading to an abandoned house, hunching my shoulders further and burying my hands in my pockets. 
    "Yo, Hakyeon?" I turned when one man called out, frowning warily. He was half-standing, a cigarette laced between his fingers, and he waved me over. 
    "Oh, sorry, mate. I thought you were someone else. Where'd you get that jacket?" he asked with a friendly smile. 
    "You know Hakyeon? Where is he?" I asked instead. He slouched down the stairs to stand next to me, taking a long pull on his cigarette and blowing smoke away from my face. 
    "He's dancing tonight. How do you know him?" 
    I coughed slightly, the smoke irritating my lungs, and shrugged. 
    "I need to talk to him." I said firmly, tucking my thumbs under the straps of my backpack. He nodded, turning to point down the street at yet another nightclub. 
    "Head down there, tell the man at the door Ken sent you. Ask for N." he smiled. I nodded, smiling softly when he patted me on the back. 
    "Thanks." I said, turning to follow his directions.  
    The club entrance was a narrow doorway with the door propped open by a heavyset man. I looked him up and down with a small nod, questioning whether or not I was really going to go inside. 
    "Ken sent me. I'm looking for N." I said, leaning in close and raising my voice over the music that already vibrated through my chest. 
    "Straight back." he mumbled back, pointing inside. 
    "Thanks!" I called, walking inside carefully and looking around with wide eyes. 
    The air was hot and humid, filled with perfume and musk. There was a hazy quality from the men smoking cigarettes at small tables, and lights flashed from the ceiling, coloring the smoke. There were women and men dancing in the center of the room, under the control of the DJ standing in one corner with headphones on. 
    There were several raised stages, shaped like circles with a shiny pole in the center of each one. I raised my eyebrows, wondering what in the hell I had gotten myself into. 
    Instead of women in skimpy clothes dancing, there were men dressed in tight jeans and various shirts. My gaze was drawn to the stage at the very back in the room, my eyes widening when I recognized Hakyeon. 
    His black jeans might've been painted on, highlighting his fantastic thighs and . He was barefoot, his white tank top hanging off one muscled shoulder. He kept one hand on the pole next to him, his bicep flexing as he prowled in a lazy circle, turning his back to the crowd in front of him and wrapping his other hand on the pole just above the first. He slowly slid down, swaying his hips back and forth with sensual slowness. 
    My breath caught and he straightened back up, throwing a hooded stare over his shoulder at the crowd and lifting his lip in a barely-there smirk. The music blended easily with the screaming of girls in front of him, and the screaming only intensified when another man leapt nimbly up on the stage next to him. 
    Jealousy formed a hard pit in my stomach when the other man stepped forward, twining his fingers in Hakyeon's hair and using his grip to tilt Hakyeon's head back. His possessive hold showed off Hakyeon's jawline and he slouched forward, his fingers slipping from Hakyeon's hair to his neck, tripping down over his chest. 
    Hakyeon's eyes slipped shut for the briefest second, opening again when he pulled back from the other man and twined himself easily around the pole. The man reached out, aiming to cup Hakyeon's cheeks and kiss him, but Hakyeon ducked playfully under his arms, brushing hips with him and prancing around to the other side of the pole.   
    It was a practiced dance, a game of cat and mouse with two cats, but it still made the girls scream. The other man's shirt was strategically torn, only held on by a few choice scraps of fabric, and Hakyeon ran his palms down the man's abs. I could see the sweat slicking their skin, shining in the multicolored lights, and I bit my lip to keep from scowling openly. 
    The man finally caught Hakyeon, trapping him with a hand on each of his shoulders, and Hakyeon replied by wrapping one leg around the man's waist. He arched his back, his eyes half-closing when the man dropped lewd kisses along his neck. Hakyeon's own fingers twisted through the man's hair, bending him down closer. The man's hands played up under Hakyeon's tank top, and I saw Hakyeon stiffen in pain. 
    The man quickly drew back, noting the twist of pain on Hakyeon's features, and shot a look towards the DJ. The lights immediately dimmed, and Hakyeon vanished off the stage. When the lights came back on again, the man picked up where Hakyeon had left off by himself, taking over the stage. 
    I pushed through the crowd, following Hakyeon's retreating form through the narrow hallway behind the stage.
    "Hakyeon!" I called, watching him turn with a frown. He smiled when he saw me, pausing so I could catch up. 
    "What are you doing here?" Hakyeon asked, motioning for me to follow him. We passed through a small door and I found myself in a dressing room, standing awkwardly by the door while Hakyeon stripped off his tank top. 
    "Me? What are you doing here?" I asked. He turned to inspect the bandage on his side, prodding it experimentally. I huffed out a sigh and closed the door, walking forward to smack his hands out of the way and unwrap the bandage. 
    "This is my job. I'm an exotic male dancer." Hakyeon said, watching as I looked carefully at the stitches. They were holding up well, and he pointed out a roll of gauze in the middle of bottles of makeup on a table. 
    "You're a what?" I asked again, rewrapping his side while Hakyeon pulled out an eyeliner tube and started reapplying smoky black edges to his eyes. 
    "I'm a dancer." Hakyeon smiled, inspecting himself in the mirror. The eyeliner added another element of y to his face, sharpening his cheekbones and enhancing his jawline. 
    "You mean a stripper." I said dryly, gesturing to the rack of half-shredded shirts in the corner. Hakyeon's face hardened and he glared at me for the first time, crossing his arms and then wincing. 
    "I'm a dancer." Hakyeon growled. I realized I had hurt his feelings and sighed, nodding wearily. 
    "Fine. Dancer. Here are your clothes." I said, handing him the backpack. Hakyeon brightened immediately, smiling. 
    "Thanks! Hey, how did you find me?" Hakyeon asked, relaxing back in his chair and taking a gulp of water from the bottle in front of him. 
    "I found Ken." I said. Hakyeon nodded with a soft chuckle, looking up when the same man he had danced with came into the room. 
    "Hey, are you okay? I didn't mean to hurt you, N." he said worriedly, taking a swallow of water from the bottle Hakyeon held. 
    "I'm fine, Hongbin, don't worry. I'm going to head home now." Hakyeon smiled, pulling on a white sweater and his boots. 
    "Alright. Be careful." Hongbin smiled, his dimple appearing as he winked cutely at me. He was so adorable I wanted to punch him in the face. 
    "Come on, Leo." Hakyeon said, taking my hand in his and leading me out the door. I looked down with wide eyes at his tanned hand entwined easily with my paler fingers. His hand had a few soft callouses on his fingertips, but his palm was smooth and warm. 
    "I'll walk you home." I said as we passed through the doorway. Hakyeon smiled and shook his head, waving me off. 
    "It's okay." Hakyeon shrugged, walking in the direction of my very far away apartment.
    "No, I should walk you home. It's dangerous out here at night." I said firmly. Hakyeon chuckled, giving me a small sideways smile. 
    "Such a brave lion." Hakyeon laughed. "My house isn't much."
    "I want you safe. So, tell me where your house is." I said, smiling when Hakyeon pulled on my hand and obediently led me to a house that might have been abandoned for all I knew. 
    "Um, here it is." Hakyeon said shyly, scuffing one boot on the front step. It creaked like it would fall apart under his weight, and I frowned. 
    "This door doesn't even have lock." I said, inspecting the ancient wood door. The rotted walls were sprayed with graffiti and Hakyeon shrugged, looking around nonchalantly. 
    "I'm safe enough." Hakyeon protested, walking inside the doorway and looking back me. "Thanks for walking me home."
    "No problem." I said quietly, watching him start to close the door. I turned away, walking away with my hands in my pockets. 
    He wasn't safe in that house. Anyone could come in at anytime and do anything to him. If I left him there, I knew I would just stay up all night worrying. 
    I turned, knocking firmly on the door. Hakyeon opened the door a crack, smiling hesitantly at me. 
    "Did you forget something?" Hakyeon asked. His fingertips drummed lightly on the doorframe, and I nodded, gathering my courage. 
    "Yeah, you." I said, watching Hakyeon blush softly. 
    "What?" Hakyeon said, opening the door a little wider. 
    "Please just come live me. Until you get a decent house. Or a decent lock. My brother won't mind." I said, knowing I sounded crazy. 
    "I don't want to bother you." Hakyeon protested. I shook my head, beckoning him forward. 
    "It's no bother. Please." I pleaded. Hakyeon nodded finally, stepping outside and closing the door firmly behind himself. 
    "Thank you." Hakyeon said. I nodded, following him in the direction of my apartment. 
    "So...how do you know that Hongbin guy?" I asked, trying to keep the jealousy out of my voice. 
    "He's just a dance partner." Hakyeon shrugged. "Why?"
    "Just wondering." I said. Hakyeon smirked at me, his hand tightening in mine. 
    "Jealous?" Hakyeon drawled. I shook my head, my cheeks flaming, and Hakyeon laughed. "He doesn't even know my real name, calm down. I'm just N to him." 
    "Okay." I said, trying to forget Hongbin kissing down Hakyeon's throat so roughly. Hakyeon walked quietly next to me for a few minutes, in his own world. 
    "Hey, how did you learn how to take out those guys?" Hakyeon asked suddenly. I shrugged, feeling a thrum of pleasure when Hakyeon buried the hand not holding mine in the pocket of my jacket, warm against my side. 
    "I study taekwondo and boxing." I admitted quietly, taking the backpack from him to carry it myself. 
    "You were really cool. I just hid in the bathroom." Hakyeon chuckled, a flicker of guilt crossing his face. 
    "Nah, I probably would have hid too." I smiled, trying to make him feel better. Hakyeon smiled, and I looked up as we got closer to my building. 
    "Why were they chasing you in the first place?" I asked, wondering how Hakyeon got so far from his house with those men chasing him. Hakyeon sighed quietly, and I realized I shouldn't have asked such a personal question. 
    "Sorry—"
    "No, it's fine. One of them saw me dance and said he was thinking of recruiting me to train for a professional group. He gave me an address around here to meet him. I met him, and it turns out he wasn't working for a group, and he didn't want me to just dance for him." Hakyeon mumbled quietly. 
    "That bastard." I remarked angrily, scowling at the thought of someone taking advantage of Hakyeon. 
    "Ha, yeah. I broke a window to get out of the office, so they chased me down. Sorry I dragged you into the middle of it." Hakyeon murmured. I started walking up the stairs with him, pausing outside the apartment doorway to unlock it. 
    "Don't apologize. If someone ever bothers you like that again, tell me." I ordered quietly, looking down at him seriously. 
    "It wasn't a big deal." Hakyeon protested quietly, following me into the apartment. I caught his shoulder, turning him to look at me. The material of his sweater was silky soft under my palm, and his shoulder was warm and solid underneath. 
    "Promise me." I ordered quietly. Hakyeon nodded obediently, twining his pinkie finger through mine. 
    "I promise." Hakyeon murmured, looking up at me. We were mere inches apart, his black-rimmed eyes searching mine for any emotion. I nodded, and Hakyeon leaned closer. 
    His lips brushed mine, feather-soft and barely-there. My eyes widened in shock and Hakyeon pulled back so fast I wasn't sure I didn't imagine the whole thing. 
    "Hey, hyung!" Ravi called, walking down from his bedroom with a smile. He looked Hakyeon up and down and waved, looking at me questioningly. 
    "I'm Hakyeon." Hakyeon introduced himself. I was still in shock, my heart caught in my throat and my cheeks flaming red. 
    "I'm Ravi, nice to meet you." Ravi smiled, following all good manners I had ever taught him. He gave me a look that said 'what the hell is wrong with you?' and I snapped into myself. 
    "Hakyeon will be staying with us for a little while." I said, not looking at Hakyeon. He wasn't looking at me either, avoiding my gaze.
    "I'll go take a shower. Nice to see you, Ravi." Hakyeon rushed out, shooting a brief panicked look my way before hurrying into the bathroom. 
    "I'm going to bed, too. Night, hyung." Ravi waved, disappearing down the hallway and leaving me standing by the door by myself. 
    I closed the door, wandered over to the couch, and sat down blankly. He kissed me? Did I imagine it? Did I want him to do it again?
    I squashed the last thought, shaking my head. Of course I didn't. I just met him two days ago. 
    But god he was cute.
    But he looked so weirded out after he kissed me. The way he rushed down the hall...like he was regretting it. 
    I sighed, stretching out on my back and covering my eyes with my arm. I was exhausted after wandering around all night, and I was ready to sleep. I would sort out things in the morning. 
    I woke briefly to Hakyeon draping a warm blanket around my body, tucking me in and pulling the blanket under my chin. I kept my eyes closed and pretended to be asleep, curious as to what he would do. Hakyeon lingered a moment longer, his hands smoothing the blanket around my shoulders. 
    There was a soft, cool press on my cheek and a momentary puff of breath on my cheek, then Hakyeon left. He had kissed my cheek. 
    My heart soared giddily before I reined it back in, taking a deep breath and giving myself in to sleep. I would worry about this tomorrow. 

A/N:
Hehe second chapter~
I hope everyone likes it...I was a little hesitant to make Hakyeon a dancer, but I think it fits him really well 
Ravi will be shipped with Hyukkie, by the way ^_^
And I threw in a little ChaBin to please those who like that ship too XP 
I was overwhelmed by how much love this story got, please continue to upvote, subscribe and COMMENT!!! I love them <3
Thank you ^_^
—Sujin
*blows kisses*
<33333