The Kill

Curiosity Killed the Cat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My tumblr friend asked me to continue this with another chapter so here it is!
You can either thank her or blame her.
The choice is all yours.
I'm sorry!

 

 

 

Days passed with out a trace of another attempt on the boy’s life. Tao had begun to wonder if they had given up or were they now waiting for the perfect time? No matter how much he hoped for the former he knew the latter was the most likely candidate. He knew sooner or later they would come for the both of them with a vengeance. 

He had to protect the man. That was his duty now, his mission, his promise. He would die before the other did.

The eery silence had become enough for Tao and he demanded that the move. Hide. Xiumin had looked at him in confusion until he explained that many more would come soon. More than he could protect him from. 

He took the other a fancy hotel in the heart of the city, paid for ten rooms on different floors and told the front desk if anyone asked for them they were never here. 

“Why so many rooms?” Xiumin asked when the arrived at the one they’d be staying in for the night. Tao cleared the room before answering, making sure there was no threat already awaiting them. 

“It makes it harder to track.” He said simply. He gave the smaller a gentle push towards the bed. The had arrived late and he was sure the other wanted rest. Xiumin looked back to him his eyes creasing with worry. 

“Shouldn’t you sleep? You’ve been up for almost three days straight.” Tao, though he was tired, shook his head and motioned for him to sleep. He’s rather watch over the other anyways. He liked watching him sleep. It was so peaceful and relaxing that he almost forgot his reasoning behind doing it. 

The next thing the assassin knew he was being shook awake. Xiumin’s round face was the first thing his orbs landed on. He started guiding the taller to the bed, telling him he needed rest. Tao kept trying to push him off, saying he was fine. 

“Tao, you fell asleep before I did. You’ve gone to long with out sleep, please just get a few hours worth. I can handle myself until you wake up.” The assassin wanted to protest again, but when his head touched the pillow his mouth closed and he lost all function to speak. 

Xiumin smiled when he finally got the other to lay down, but it fell just as quickly as it came. He felt bad putting him through all of this. For being the reason he turned his back and now held a bounty just as high as his own. 

He never received an answer as to why he had done these things, but knowing what was to come in the end for both of them Xiumin knew there was one way out for at least one of them. He was willing to make a sacrifice that would equal the one Tao had made for him. A fair trade. 

Xiumin slipped from the room with out so much as a sound and made his way quickly for the elevators. The ride was short but long enough to make a simple phone call. A deal. A life to save anothers. 

Tao woke again, groggy and confused. He didn’t remember going to sleep or laying on the bed. Sitting up suddenly his head whipped around in search of the boy who was supposed to in the room with him. His heart beat erratically and his mind raced when he found no other trace than a note stuck to the do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter