YulTi

Exchange Student

 

“Wow…” Taeyeon whispered while witnessing the new girls walking into the cafeteria, “when transfer students got this better?”

 

Yuri shook her head, her best friend was always looking for a new prey.

 

“Come on, don’t deny it. This semester, they all are so pretty, I can’t even decide!” the shorter girl shuffled her own hair in frustration.

 

“Calm your hormones down, midget. You have to get focused in your studies for once”.

 

“You’re no fun,” Taeyeon replied, getting on her feet and dragging herself towards the entrance, “come, let’s see what else we got”.

 

Yuri chuckled, that girl was something else.

 

*

 

Both girls were resting against a tree, near to the central building, which gave them plenty view of the students who would register to classes.

 

“I should be taking pictures…” Taeyeon thought out loud.

 

“”.

 

It was usual for their university to get loads of transfer students from every part of the world each semester. So both girls were used to see that many pretty girls arriving every now and then.

 

Taeyeon knew that, every semester, she would find at least one girl who would fall on her trap. She was ready to meet anyone and made them meet the way towards her room.

 

Yuri, on the other hand, was less wild. She also enjoyed the view, but it wasn’t like she took to bed everything with two legs. The previous semester, she had seen many really pretty girls and she thought that it was going to be almost impossible to beat them.

 

Maybe she was wrong.

 

As they kept watching girls going into the building, a new bus arrived bringing more girls to university. When they got down, immediately made their way to the office, all of them with loads of luggage.

 

“They seem American,” Taeyeon pointed out, “I’m in the mood for American,” she smirked.

 

“You’re in the mood for everything that breathes,” Yuri teased, elbowing her.

 

“Shut up,” the shorter girl chuckled and stood up.

 

Both of them made their way towards the room that shared together.

 

*

 

“I’m bored,” Taeyeon said, rolling on her bed, “I can’t believe I want classes to start already”.

 

Yuri laughed, “you must be really, really bored to say that”.

 

“Let’s go out to eat something, alright? My treat!”

 

“No need to say anything else!” Yuri was already at the door. There was nothing more delicious than free food.

 

When they were about to leave the building, Taeyeon stopped.

 

“What?” her friend asked, checking if everything was alright.

 

“I’m sorry,” Taeyeon said, touching all her pockets, “I forgot my wallet”.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, “don’t worry… I’ll pay…”

 

“No!” Taeyeon shouted, “I know you think I did it on purpose and it wasn’t like that! Wait right here, I’m going back to the room”.

 

The taller girl just sighed and rested herself against the wall, she looked at her phone for a while before lifting her gaze again. And when she did it, she wasn’t sure about what she was seeing.

 

Since when that university admitted angels as students?

 

For less than five seconds, Yuri’s gaze followed a new girl who was hurriedly making her way towards the building’s stairs.

 

Her black hair barely passed her shoulder, her skin was white as snow. And even without make up, she was so beautiful.

 

Yuri was speechless.

 

“Here,” Taeyeon said, startling Yuri, “let’s eat now. I’m almost dying!”

 

Yuri nodded, still wondering when would be her next lucky chance to see that girl. After all, the university was big enough to see someone only once.

 

*

 

Looking at the calendar, Taeyeon sighed, “tomorrow is Sooyoung’s birthday, what are we going to do?”

 

“I don’t know,” Yuri replied, “probably getting together with the girls, drinking a lot and then puking a lot”.

 

“I like that idea,” Taeyeon grinned, “you should be our party planner from now on”.

 

Yuri threw her a pillow, “good night”.

 

Next morning, both girls went to buy some stuff for the party.

 

“Ice cream cake!” Taeyeon said, looking intently to the cakes through the window.

 

“Sooyoung likes chocolate cake,” Yuri said, making Taeyeon pout, “we’ll buy that”.

 

As they settled everything down in the cafeteria, Hyoyeon was the first one to arrive.

 

“Chocolate cake?” she asked, even before saying hello, “Sooyoung’s favorite!”

 

Yuri had a winning smile on her face, while Taeyeon just rolled her eyes.

 

“Oh,” Hyoyeon said, while looking to the door, as a girl made her way in, “this is my friend, she arrived just a few days ago from America”.

 

The girl smiled at them, “hi, I’m Tiffany”.

 

Yuri’s jaw dropped until the floor, what were the chances?!

 

“I’m Taeyeon, nice to meet you”.

 

“Yuri,” she simply said, since she couldn’t believe it was the same girl.

 

The same girl that left her speechless few nights ago.

 

“Sit,” Hyoyeon offered to Tiffany, making Yuri go out of her trance.

 

“Thanks,” she answered, but immediately standing up again since her phone was ringing, “excuse me”.

 

When she was out of the cafeteria, Taeyeon didn’t miss the chance to tease Hyoyeon about it.

 

“Nice catch!” she said, showing her thumbs up towards the blond girl who just chuckled.

 

Yuri’s heart ached. She wasn’t going to get in the middle if Hyoyeon had already made a move.

 

“Don’t say that,” Hyoyeon said as she could read Yuri’s mind, “she’s just a friend”.

 

“Yeah, right,” Taeyeon replied.

 

“I’m serious, it’s not what you think. Just a friend”. The blonde girl smiled as she was just stating the truth about her new friend.

 

Yuri was relieved.

 

“Sorry,” Tiffany got into the room again, “it was my friend. She’s coming over too. No problems, right?”

 

“The more, the merrier,” Hyoyeon smiled as they fell into a conversation.

 

As people kept arriving, Tiffany and Hyoyeon took sits in front of Taeyeon and Yuri. An empty space next to Tiffany’s seat made Yuri want to pretend to go to the bathroom just to comeback and sit there.

 

“There she is,” Tiffany said, waving towards the new girl who just arrived. “This is Jessica,” she introduced as everyone greeted her.

 

But Yuri’s attention was only on the eye smiling girl.

 

As Sooyoung arrive, they started opening the bottles of beer and soju that were on the table.

 

“Are you strong?” Jessica asked in a defiant tone.

 

“Of course, beauty,” Taeyeon answered, ready to whatever was going to happen.

 

The American girl poured a glass of soju in front of her, “one shot”.

 

Taeyeon smirked and obeyed, “easy”.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, she knew that at the end of the night she was going to drag her drunk roommate towards her room one more time.

 

As she laughed about what they were doing, she noticed Tiffany grinning too.

 

“So…” she said, trying to take her attention, “from what part of America are you?”

 

Finally, those mesmerizing eyes focused on Yuri, “oh? Do you know America’s map?”

 

Yuri chuckled, “something like that, I know where the principal states are”.

 

“I’m from California,” she said, gaining a nod from Yuri, “Diamond Bar”.

 

“West coast!” Yuri said, making the foreign girl chuckle.

 

Too much to Yuri’s fluttered heart.

 

“Yeah, west coast! I miss the sun and the beach, I hope I can go to the beach here soon”.

 

“California seems like a very nice place to party, right?”

 

“Absolutely! Every night is a party in California. I know Korean people don’t like to party a lot, but I guess that’s my American part flowing out of me,” she stated with a smile on her eyes.

 

“I was planning on going to America someday. I really want to see how it is”.

 

“Oh… you should, you won’t regret it. And if I’m there at that time, call me. I can show you around.”

 

Yuri was definitely going to take that offer.

 

“Why don’t we dance?!” Jessica stood up, clearly tipsy, taking Taeyeon’s hand in hers and dragging her to the center of the room, “turn up that music!”

 

“Party girls,” Yuri chuckled, making Tiffany smile.

 

“You don’t dance a lot?”

 

“I like dancing, but it isn’t like I’m always on it,” she answered, her eyes never leaving the drunk couple dancing. Some of their friend following them.

 

Tiffany turned her head to look at her.

 

“Won’t you dance?”

 

Yuri blushed, “I don’t dance…”

 

“Come on,” Tiffany stood up, offering her hand, “You’re not going to reject me, are you?”

 

Never.

 

She took Tiffany’s hands and followed her until that spot that was crowded with people now. They danced shyly, especially Yuri, beside each other, but when Tiffany’s favorite song came on, she couldn’t resist it.

 

“I love this song!” she said, her movements getting faster.

 

Yuri tried to keep it up with her, she was starting to feel a little bit relaxed.

 

The night went on with everyone enjoying the party, they drank, they ate, they had an amazing time.

 

Ladies and gentlemen,” Taeyeon slurred with a cup of soju on her hand and Jessica wrapped on her other arm, “thank you sooo much,” she said in English with a heavy accent.

 

“They are so drunk,” Tiffany chuckled as people kept laughing at them.

 

“Yeah, they are…”

 

The American girl stood up and looked for her purse while Yuri tried to think about a way to make her stay.

 

“Shouldn’t we let them be? It seems like they are having fun”.

 

Both girls were giggling at each other with stupid smiles on their faces, mumbling things.

 

“I don’t know. What if tomorrow she gets mad at me for leaving her here?”

 

“My friend will probably take good care of her, she’s nice and she won’t do anything bad”.

 

Tiffany still seemed doubtful.

 

“Hwang Miyoung!” Jessica yelled, walking towards them and almost falling.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Tiffany asked, patting the chair next to her asking Jessica to sit.

 

“Never been better,” her country mate answer, giving a look to Yuri and whispering on her friend’s ear, “she’s cute”.

 

Tiffany blushed, “are you ready to go?” she asked, trying to change the subject.

 

“Yeah, I want to sleep already,” she said, her eyes partly open because of the alcohol.

 

“Told you she wanted to go,” Tiffany turned to Yuri and smiled.

 

Yuri couldn’t wish anything but seeing that smile every day.

 

“So are you leaving?”

 

“Yeah, let’s go, Jessie,” Tiffany said, but got no answer. “Gosh, she’s asleep!”

 

Yuri chuckled, “maybe we should carry her to your room. Can I help?”

 

Tiffany nodded and Yuri wrapped her arms around the sleeping girl. Just as she was about to lift her, Taeyeon appeared.

 

“Hands off my girl!” she shouted, as drunk as Jessica.

 

“Shut up, midget. You’re drunk”.

 

“I will carry her,” she said, pushing Yuri aside and lifting Jessica herself, “she’s my woman”.

 

Yuri couldn’t believe it. It was the first time Taeyeon claiming someone hers.

 

“Are you sure you can take her?” Tiffany asked, worried if she lets Jessica fall.

 

She only got a nod for an answer, “can you come with us?” she asked, blushing again and speaking faster, “j-just in case she can take Jessica”.

 

“Sure,” Yuri smiled and followed both girls who were way ahead of them.

 

Once on their room, Taeyeon placed Jessica on the bed and left a kiss on her forehead.

 

“My job is done here,” she said, almost falling on her way back to the door.

 

“Thank you for carrying her,” Tiffany said, but Taeyeon had already gone.

 

“She’s so drunk,” Yuri chuckled.

 

The American girl chuckled too and their gazes met when the chuckles disappeared.

 

“I’m so glad I met you,” Yuri said, not breaking the eye contact.

 

“Me too”.

 

“Will I see you again?”

 

“Probably,” Tiffany gave her a flirty smile. “I’ll be around. I hope I can see you again”.

 

“We should go out some time,” Yuri dared to say, gaining a blush from the other girl.

 

“I’d love that”.

 

They smiled at each other in silence until Yuri bid a good bye.

 

 

*

 

“Geez, my head”.

 

Yuri was already up and changing her clothes when Taeyeon woke up.

 

“Are you okay? You were pretty drunk yesterday”.

 

“I know, I don’t remember a lot”.

 

Yuri laughed, “Taeyeon! How can you not remember?”

 

“Why?” the shorter girl sat up straight with a mortified look on her face, “what did I do?”

 

“You met this girl and called her yours,” she answered still laughing, “then you called her ‘your woman’”.

 

Taeyeon threw herself back to the bed, “Ah… Jessica…”

 

“So you remember her…” Yuri teased, “have you found your girl this semester?”

 

"I wish I have found her forever!"

 

Yuri threw her a pillow, “who are you and what have you done with my Taeyeon?!”

 

“Your Taeyeon?” the still sleepy girl asked, “shouldn’t you ask your Tiffany?”

 

“Oh, come on…” Yuri said, a smile growing on her face unconsciously.

 

“Gosh. We’re screwed, Kwon.”

 

As both girls finished breakfast, they headed towards the lobby where the classroom numbers would be published.

 

“Come on,” Taeyeon said to herself, “We have to be on the same class, Kwon!”

 

She ran towards the board and looked for their names.

 

Kim Tae Yeon – Room 304

 

Kwon Yuri – Room 304

 

“We´re together!” she said, gesturing her best friend to see it.

 

But her eyes went back to the board as she remembered someone.

 

Jung Jessica – room 304

 

A huge smile was plastered on her face.

 

“Why are you smiling like that?” Yuri asked as she got to the board and looked for her own name, “hey we’re together!”

 

“That’s what I told you,” Taeyeon answered, “Jessica is in our class too”.

 

“Oh, that’s why you were smiling like a creep”.

 

She got hit on her arm by her friend, but immediately searched a name on the lists.

 

Hwang Tiffany – room 304

 

“Now who’s the creep?” Taeyeon asked her, smirking.

 

“Hey girls,” a voice called from behind, startling both girls, “are these the names list?”

 

“Yeah, I’m in the 304, you?” Yuri asked, pretending not to know it.

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

 

“I’m in the 304, too!” she said, smiling, “Jessica too. Wow this is great!”

 

“Seems like we’re going to be classmates,” Taeyeon said, “I’m also in the 304”.

 

“Oh really?” Tiffany asked, “Jessica will be glad to know it”.

 

“Will she?” Taeyeon asked, raising her eyebrows.

 

“Yeah… she told me she wanted to talk with you but she didn’t have a way to contact you. She’s at our room, you can go now if you want”.

 

Taeyeon didn’t need to be told twice as she made her way towards Jessica.

 

“It hit her hard,” Yuri chuckled as she saw her friend disappearing.

 

“Yes, both of them. They would look cute together”.

 

“So we will seeing each other really often then,” Yuri said, smiling to her.

 

Tiffany returned her smile, “really often”.

 

They stayed in silence. Yuri didn’t know how to let her know that she wanted to spend more time with her.

 

“I think I should go now,” Tiffany said, “I’ll see you later, Yuri”.

 

Yuri just nodded and saw how her girl walked away.

 

“Tiffany!” she shouted without thinking.

 

Said girl turned around and looked at her, “yes?”

 

Yuri panicked, “I-I…” she sighed. “Can I be bold and tell you something?” she asked, getting closer to the American girl and looking straight to her eyes.

 

“Go on”.

 

She inhaled a lot of air and sighed, “I like you”.

 

Their eyes never broke the contact.

 

“Oh… well,” Tiffany said, getting closer to Yuri, “I think we would look even cuter together,” she whispered shyly and left a kiss on Yuri’s cheek.

 

Yuri held her breath as the shorter girl step back and gave her the most beautiful eye smile she had ever seen.

 

“I’ll see you around,” Tiffany said, walking towards the cafeteria.

 

“L-Let me treat you lunch!” Yuri shouted again, feeling nervous out of nowhere.

 

Tiffany turned around again and offered her hand, which Yuri gladly took, “let’s go!”