Whiteboard Messages - Jongtae

SHINee fanfiction recommendations

 

Taemin yawns as he sits back in Jonghyun’s desk chair. The older man asked him to look after his class while he went go make copies of a worksheet, and now Taemin is stuck watching a bunch of sixteen year olds pretending to read whatever pages Jonghyun assigned at the beginning of class. How fun.

After tapping his foot for a good thirty seconds, Taemin gets up from the chair and walks over to the window. He watches the tree leaves flutter in the wind for about a minute before he’s bored of that and hopping casually over to the whiteboard. With a smirk, he picks up the green marker and starts writing on the board.

“What are you doing, Mr. Lee?” A student asks, and Taemin shrugs.

“Leaving a message for Mr. Kim.” Taemin says simply without turning around, and he can hear a few students snickering at him, “Don’t tell him when he gets back, just let him find it.”

He grins at the class before going back to the desk and fiddling with a pen from Jonghyun’s Disney World cup. After doing a double take back to the cup, Taemin scoffs and becomes annoyed that Jonghyun’s been to Disney World while he hasn’t. Taemin gets back up and hurries back to the board, grabbing the same green marker and writing something else underneath the message he left earlier.

When Jonghyun gets back and Taemin leaves for his own classroom, the older man snorts at the message left on the board.

“We’re going laser tagging tonight I’ve already claimed you for my team we’re meeting at 6. Also, you need to take me to Disney World.”

When the bell for morning break rings, Jonghyun sneaks into Taemin’s classroom when the younger man leaves for his Friday yard duty. 

As Taemin walks into his classroom with his third period filing in behind him, he almost groans at the message left on his board.

“Key already said I’m on his team sorry. Also, I can’t just take you to Disney World do you know how much that would cost?”

“Yes, it costs a lot, which is why you need to pay for it.” Taemin grumbles under his breath. Before the bell for class rings, Taemin sneaks his head into the classroom next to his and grins when Jonghyun isn’t in there. He hurries to the board and writes his next message before Jonghyun comes back from the teacher’s lounge.

“Mr. Lee, why do you and Mr. Kim leave notes on each other’s boards?” A student asks when Taemin comes back into his classroom, and the teacher shrugs.

“It’s fun.” Taemin smiles, “Now take out your books and turn to whatever chapter we left off on. Who can tell me what chapter we left off on because I didn’t write it down for this class.”

Jonghyun lets out a groan when he walks back into his classroom, because now he has no idea what he’s going to do for laser tag tonight.

“No I’ve already claimed you for my team I have mine IN WRITING you are on my team. ‘The Amazing Lee Brothers plus that friend of theirs’ see we’re a team you can’t just bail on us. Also, at least take me to Disneyland.”

Jonghyun grumbles to himself as he all but stomps into Taemin’s classroom and interrupts their discussion about whatever book they’re reading.

“Do you want me to face the wrath of Key?” Jonghyun asks, “Because I know I don’t.”

“You have to be on my team,” Taemin whines before turning back to the class, “Please discuss amongst yourselves about what’s going on in this chapter and then if you can, try to find some sort of theme or motif or something.”

Once the students start talking together, Taemin turns back to his friend with a frown on his face, “It’s not fair if you’re not on my team! Key’s already got Minho and that stupid string bean is like five people in one when it comes to stuff like this! Besides, I don’t like losing.”

“Yeah, well I don’t like having to set up for the 7 am meetings, and if I don’t follow Key’s orders, guess what I’m gonna have to do?” Jonghyun crosses his arms.

“I’ll deal with his wrath if you just tell him I already claimed you.” Taemin says as if it’s the simplest solution in the world.

“Will you stop saying you’ve claimed me, I’m not a prize.” Jonghyun says.

“No, you’re not, but you’re valuable when it comes to laser tag and me winning.” Taemin smiles, “So it’s settled, you’re on my team tonight. When are we going to Disneyland?”

“I’m not taking you to Disneyland.”

“Downtown Disney?”

“Fine. We’ll go next week.”

by:Ontaefantasy