The man outside our car

21st

We came running to the classroom. As we opened the door, we saw the angry glare from our teacher.

 

“Where are you guys from?”

“We just pl-”, I was about to reply when Jaehyun cut me out.

“We went to the library.”

 

She looked at us for a few seconds and let out a big sigh.

 

“Okay. Just sit down.”

 

Then Clarissa pouted her lips like a duck.

 

“Chris, you shouldn’t hang out with them. I was expecting that you’ll eat with me at the cafeteria but you never did.”

 

“Umm... Sorry?”

 

“Hmph!”, then she looked at the board.

 

Really? It’s not my responsibility to eat with her and she never invited me. I really hate girls like her.

 

Hours, minutes, seconds passed by until its already time to go home.

 

“Chris! Where’s your house? Is it nearby or maybe you need to ride a bus? Let’s go home together”, Yuta said. Why is this guy always approaching me?

 

“My mother will fetch me.”

“Ugh. Gross. You still got your mother to babysit you?”

“No. It’s not babysitting and I don’t even want it. She insisted.”

“Yes. Yes. Your majesty.”

 

I went outside and saw my mother’s car. It’s a white closed van, typical for a woman. The window shield slid down and saw my mom waving her hand.

 

“Chris! Come.”

“Yeah.”

 

I went inside and sat behind her.

 

“So how was school?”

“Fine. I made some friends.”

“Really? Oh. That’s good.”

 

Then she kept on searching with her hand.

 

“Mom. Something bad might happen if you’ll keep on doing that.”

“It’s fine. Just wait.”

 

She stopped her hand and tossed something to me.

 

“Honey. I almost forgot your favorite teddy bear. I personally went back to our previous home just to find that.”

 

I intentionally left this teddy bear but now it’s back to me again.

 

“Ugh. Thanks, Mom.”

“You’re welcome honey.”

 

She stopped in front of a shop I never saw before. 

 

“Wait here. I need to buy some ingredients for dinner.”

“Okay.”

 

I plugged my earphones to my phone then inserted it to my ears. I played King for A Day by Pierce the Veil feat. Kellin Quinn.

 

I closed my eyes for awhile and as I listen to the music, I kept hearing some banging but it may come from the music itself. The noise continued and the banging is already “out of tune” if its part of the song so I opened my eyes. A man with a very messy hair, reddish eyes and angry face kept on banging the window staring directly at me. As long as I know, people outside the car can’t see anything from the inside but how come that he can stare at me? The banging continued and it started to get stronger. My palms started to sweat and my hands started to shake. I grabbed my phone and dialed my mother’s phone. I heard a sound inside the car and saw that my mother left her bag with her phone inside in her seat.

 

“Oh, great. He starts to creep me out.”

 I saw my mom coming back with paper bag on her hand. I think she saw the man outside because she ran so fast that some of the vegetables and fruits that she bought fell. The man outside heard my mom shouting so he went away. My mother opened the door, gasping for air.

 

“Are you alright, honey?” 

“Yes. Thanks for running, mom.”

“Oh gosh. That guy was so creepy. After running away from our car, he went to another one and did what he just do.”

“Mom. I want to go home.”

“Okay.”