the wedding

Marriage d'amour

I could hear the footstep down the aisle. Wait. What is that other thing? Right,that was just my heart. Oh God, my heart was beating right out of my chest. I could barely breathe! Enough. I took control of myself. I relaxed everyounce of my muscle. I wriggled a little but could not help but wonder what would happen next? Though I tried not to think, my mind seemed to wonder on its own. What if I forget my lines? What if I stutter? What I mess everything up and the ceremony had to be cancelled? No, it was not the time to think about all those. I can do it! I must do it! I HAVE to! This was my day. I repeated these words under my breath to calm myself.

I could hear the organ playing. Ah, that sweet familiar tune that was usually played in romantic movies with happy endings. Who would though that I too, would have a happy ending with me playing its lead role? At the thought of this, I found myself smiling sheepishly at the ground. Nothing could be better thatn this. This was all I ever wanted. This was all I ever dreamed dream of. The footstep approached as the distance separating me and the love of my live inched closer. I fought against each and every cell in my body to turn. So I shut my eyes tightly and waiting patiently for the footstep to stop. But alas, being overwhelmed by emotion. I was swept off my feet and found myself facing away from the altar and looking into my lover's eyes.

I could see two beautiful eyes. Those perfect brown eyes. Somehow, they managed to captivate me like when I saw them for the first time. They were so mesmerizing. I could have sworn I was floating mid-air. While I was in awe, my hands reached out as far as possible and yearned for nothing else but another. Our hands met and our finger interwined with each other's, filling the gaps between our fingers like how we filled our lives - perfectly. By the touch of our hands, waves of electricity surged through my veins and had my heart pulsating even quicker, filling and through every bit of my body with thankfulness gratitude, appreciation and most importantly, love.

I could feel the knot in my stomach. By each passing second, it just got worse. Then I suddenly rememberd the exchange vows soon. My knees started to wobble and the lights in my eyes began to fade. But the firm grasp reminded me to stay strong. They were so strong yet so ever gentle and so supportive, as though nothing could go wrong. Then anything fell into place. That was right. Nothing could ever go wrong. I collected myself and turned to face my love. With our hands still in each other's I looked straight into those piercing brown eyes and said, " My dear Dongwoo, you are the most wonderful amazing person that could have ever appeared in my life. You are always there for me; through my tears of joy or sadness, you have always been been beside. Therefore, I want to be there for you too. I want to share all my good times and bad times. I want to be the reason behind your smile; I want to burden your grief. I promise to love you for the person you are and to accept the good and bad in you. I promise to ever respect you and your decisions and I promise to love everybit the person you are. To my dearest Dongwoo, I love you."

I could hear the angels. Their beautiful voices filled the chamber with melodious and the tune sung ever so soothingly to the ears. I have expressed my love and pledged my love flawlessly. But what would her reaction be?

"Would you, Jang Dongwoo, take Lee Howon, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

I can still remember the two words that changed my whole life; those two words that meant the world to me. The two words united two people for life. That two words uttered from his mouth that declared his love to me and made us one - " I do."