Care

Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So how was your day? Your work today?" She asked with concern.

"Hmm.. nothing special. But now i realize how boring and monotone working life is. I really missed high school." I sighed while massaging my temple.

She chukled and then grinning at me.

"Everyone do, Tae. Everyone missed high school. One of the best time in our life."

"And i missed Bomi too." I said and unconsciously pouting, an old habit.

"Why? Don't you have some friends there to accompany you? I know you're kind of an introvert but making friend is not a difficult thing for you as far as i can remember."

"I don't know, Pani-ah. It's just that i still feel kind of awkward to be here, surrounded by new people and all. I mean most of them are older than me. Way older than me. They might see me as a 'kid' especially i'm just an intern. So far, i just talked to them about business matter only. But at least there's Minkyung unnie. I-"

"Who is Minking unnie?" She suddenly cut me off.

"Yah, it's Minkyung unnie not Minking." I'm correcting her.

"Yeah yeah.. so who is she?" She asked again.

"She is my boss slash supervisor slash my favorite person in the office so far."

"Is she beautiful?"

"Very!" I quickly answer, too quick i guess. Too eager (?) Because Tiffany immediately shot me with her death glare. And i don't even know what is the meaning behind that glare. Did i do something wrong?

"Do you like her?" She asked again. Her eyes never leave mine when she's asking and waiting for me to answer her questions as if she's observing me.

"I do like her." I answer cheerfully while smiling. I don't know why i feel this giddy just by the thought of Minkyung unnie. Maybe because she is a good person. She always treat me well, just like her own sister if i might say. I always want to have a sister since i was a little kid. An older sister to be exact. I always feel so envy when i see someone with her sister, playing together, spending time together and showing each other tons of affection. Meanwhile having an older brother is kind of annoying. Correction, my brother is annoying but i still love him no matter what. I mean, we're sharing the same blood in our body after all. Back to Minkyung unnie, she's like a perfect sister that i never have but always want to have. I look up to her, adoring her, and learn a lot from her. Besides I don't see there's any reason not to like her. She's likable.

"You like her more or me?"

eh? now she caught me off guard.

"O-of course you. But i mean the way i like her and the way i like you is different, Pani-ah. I like you as my best friend while she is more like someone that i adore and look up to."

"Really? Are you really telling me the truth right now?" She's eyeing me suspiciously and somehow it's kind of intimidating me.

"Y-yeah.."

"Then why are you stuttering, Tae?"

"No, i'm not." I try to cover it.

"Whatever, Tae. By the way suddenly i feel kind of sleepy. I'm going to bed now."

"Oh, okay then." Actually i feel kind of sad that we should bid each othe goodbye already.

"Bye, Tae."

"Bye.." i thought our conversation will ended here, but i was wrong.

"Love you." She immediately add in a speed of light before disconnecting our video call, leaving me dumbfounded for few seconds before a creepy smile crept into my face.

"Love you too, Pani-ah." I said to no one in particular because i was all alone in my room and my laptop screen already turned dark. No more Tiffany's face there. But i just want to say it.

********************

 

I am a morning person. Especially if i get compare with my best friend slash first love, Tiffany. She's just.. not a morning person. Even though i am a morn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter