Final

From Then On I knew

From then on, I knew.

I have always been the quiet type. The one who ends up listening to everything. Because of that, I have been labeled as the “Ice queen”, was called vain and self-centered.

They can’t understand me. No one tried to understand me.

The feeling of being alone itself is sickening. It’s tiring. It’s always the same. Everyday, I walk, eat, and do everything alone. Other than dealing with other people, dealing with myself is has always been one of the hardest things. Dealing with my loneliness.

But everything changed when she came. She lit up my world like a torch in a dark cave.

I remember how she grinned at me widely as she said hi and asked my name.

“Jessica.” I replied, her grin became wider as she offered her hand. “Let’s be friends, alright?” She said. That statement started everything.

That was the start of happiness for me.

From then on, I knew that I am not alone anymore. That somehow, I knew that there’s someone who’s willing to be there with me.

“Jessica” became “Taeyeon and Jessica” and the thought of it makes me smile every time.

One year became two, two became three and so on. We promised each other on the day we met that we will support and help each other no matter what happens and I know that we will never break that promise. That just proves how strong our friendship is.

There was a point that I knew I liked girls. I was pretty shocked and can’t accept the fact that I like girls. Taeyeon was there for me, Taeyeon was there to console me when I am having a hard time opening up to everyone.

Taeyeon later on opened up to me, saying that she likes girls as well especially our co- worker Amber, the girl that can charm everyone, be it girls or boys.

She later on had a relationship with Taeyeon. Some people say that Taeyeon’s lucky to have Amber but I find their relationship a lot irritating for a reason I didn’t know. Probably it was because I am used to Taeyeon giving all her attention to me. Maybe it irritates me because I knew that Taeyeon won’t be able to stay by my side all the time anymore.

It hurts to see her smile because of another person.

From then on, I knew that I was in love with her. I am in love with her.

I love Kim Taeyeon.

But then their relationship didn’t last long. She found out that Amber was arranged to be married to Henry, one of the famous architects here in Korea.

Ah yes, Henry, Amber’s husband. The guy truly loved Amber. I saw how his eyes sparkle whenever he talks about Amber. He truly deserves to be with her.

Seeing Henry, I wanted to fight for this feeling.

From then on, I knew that I had to tell her what I feel and fight for it no matter what happens.

But I was too late.

All this time I was not looking, someone else was there to cover up for the space I’ve created.

Byun Baekhyun, the photographer from the office nearby ours.

He took the spot where I’m supposed to be and I hope that space he took will be well taken care of.

From then on, I knew that Kim Taeyeon will never look at me the same way I do.

That Kim Taeyeon will never feel the same way I feel about her.

That all I could do is stare at her from afar.

-

Five years later

“Hello! My name is Luna! I’m a new employee here. What’s your name?” The girl with short hair grinned at me and waved.

“Jessica.” I replied. Her grin became wider as she offered her hand. “Let’s be friends, alright?”

“You know what? You remind me of someone.” I smiled back and shook hands with her. “Of course, we can always be friends.”

“Oh. Who?” She asked, looking interested.

She really reminds me of her. She’s very much like her.

“Kim Taeyeon.”


I wanted to delete this tbqh bcs I don't think it is that good as the ones I used to write. But for the people waiting, Here it is! Yay!