Marriage of Convenience 2

Marriage of Convenience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day goes by quickly. Before I know it, it's all over. I walk out the gates in a daze. It's over. College has finally finished. I should be happy, yet why does my heart feel so heavy? 

Because it really could all be over.

I hurry home to get ready for the party, but am startled at the sight of your car in the driveway. I hurriedly unlock the front door and fly inside. I look around but I don't see you anywhere. I hesitantly make my way to our room and recieve a shock at the sight of your figure, lying on our untouched bed. I set my things down, trying to be quiet so as to not awaken you. I sneak to the dresser and take out the dress I plan to wear.

"There's an outfit for you already in the bathroom closet." I freeze and turn around to see you, hands folded behind your head, watching me.

"After you shower, change into that for the dinner. I have to drop by the company so we'll leave early." I nod and and you close your eyes once again.

I go to bathroom closet and see a beautiful red dress, embroidered with ruffles, and decorated with silver gems, hanging there. The thought of you taking time to hand-pick the dress makes my cheeks heat up. 

I shower and swiftly slip into the dress. I stand in front of the mirror and stare at myself. 

Don't say anything stupid and remember to smile. I practice my smile in the mirror. It's a bright, eye-smile, capable of fooling anyone.

 I take a deep breath, grab my purse and make my way downstairs where you're waiting for me. 

You're dressed in a black fitted tux, hair spiked in the front, shirt out, and coat ed. You stare at me as I float down the stairs. 

"Thank you for the dress"

"You look beautiful"

Ba-dump

I look up at you, speechless, but you're already on your way out. I follow you out to the car and reach for the door of the car.

"Wait. Get in the back"

I raise my eyebrow at you.

"We're picking up someone, so they'll sit in the front."

I unwillingly get in the back and we begin the ride to the company. Not a single word is exchanged between us, but I occasionally catch you sneaking glimpses at me. 

Ba-dump. Ba-dump.

Is it okay to get my hopes up even a little? Is it okay if I hold onto this sliver of hope?

As we reach the company, you pull out your phone and call someone. 

"Where are you? I'm here"

Almost instantly, a pretty,young woman walks out of the company, in a short, sleek navy blue dress. She runs to our car.

Oh God. My hand instinctively flies to cover my mouth. O God, O God, O God. Please, no. Don't do this to me. Please don't do this to me.

She pulls open the front door and slips in.

"Hey, I've been waiting forever." she says smiling. She turns around and notices me, her smile falling from her face. She looks at you, expectantly.

"My wife"

Ba-dump.

She stiffens for a second but quickly covers up, fixing a smile on her face,and bowing her head.

"Hello, I'm Jung-Ah, Mr.Luhan's secretary.We've talked a little before over the phone. It's nice to finally meet you" she greets, holding out her hand.

I stiffly take it. "Ne, I'm Ji-Hye. It's nice to meet you too." 

She smirks at me, tightly gripping my hand before letting go. We pull away from the company.

Suddenly my existence has been wiped from the car. I watch as the both of you discuss, argue, and compromise about different things. The both of you are in another world. One where I'm not invited. She understands everything you say and as you talk, she lightly touches your arm, laughing and teasing you. I look out the window. It has suddenly become noisy. I'm begining to miss the silence.

When we get to the restaraunt, you finally look back at me, exchanging a glance which asks, "Are you ready?" to which I reply with the smile I've been practing for the past three years. For a second, you look shocked but it goes away as soon as it came. You get out and open the door for me, holding out your hand. I look at it blankly. Sighing, you reach in and take my hand, leading me out the car. I'm startled by the sudden contact, yet pleased. You adjust your grip and entangle your fingers with mine, firmly.

My cheeks are probably replicating apples right now.

Jung-Ah gets out, glaring at our interlocked fingers. She walks to your other side, shoulders almost touching. My grip on your hand tightens. I don't want to lose you. You look at me questioningly and see me watching Jung-Ah.

"Could you walk a bit behind us? I don't want people getting any ideas" you tell her before turning to me again, your face gentle.

What is this? Why are you doing this to me?

Stop confusing me.

She grudgingly steps back, as we walk in. Inside the chatter stops as all eyes fall on us. 

"Luhan! Ji-H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter