Sunshine and Moonlight

Sunshine and Moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunshine

His love was like sunshine, slowly warming her soul until it burned her to a crisp.

 

Jong Kook loved watching his girlfriend. He could spend all day just to watch her sleep. He found her still beautiful even when she was in deep sleep. As much as he wanted to watch her longer, he still had to wake her up.

“Ji Hyo…” He called her name with a gentle voice. He caressed her hair. It’s pretty hard to wake her up. He then shook her body gently.

“Ji Hyo… Wake up.” He kissed her cheek. Ji Hyo shifted and ignored her boyfriend.

“Song Ji Hyo…” He shook her body again and this time Ji Hyo opened her eyes a little to peek at him.

“Oppa, just let me sleep. I’m so sleepy.” She said with a nasal voice. Jong Kook laughed, it sounded pretty funny because Ji Hyo didn’t do it on purpose. He decided to let her sleep again for 15 minutes. He watched Ji Hyo’s face again.

It never crossed in his mind that this girl, who danced Hot Issue when they first met, will be the one that he shared his life. It was in the middle of summer that Ji Hyo came as Family Outing’s guest. From the first time she opened her car’s door and gave the entire cast a dried fish, she already gave him a strong impression. Not to mention that she’s beautiful and he couldn’t take her eyes from her and just smiled shyly. He remembered that he took a liking with her antics and wit but he just classified it as a summer fling.

The second time he met her was on Running Man when came as a guest along with Chun Hee and Hara. He didn’t interact much with her at first but she became a fixed cast member and they worked really well together. They started to open up about themselves. They started to hang out together. She said yes when he asked her if she would like to be his girlfriend.

From stranger became co-worker, and then became friend and finally, a lover.

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were already in a relationship for 3 years and he was so sure that she was the one for him. He was waiting for the right time to propose her and then come clean to the public about their relationship. He prepared for the backlash that he would get if they told the public because Ji Hyo was a reel-girlfriend for another man and the love line received much love. Jong Kook gave his consent for Ji Hyo to continue her role as a reel-girlfriend but still, sometimes his heart was hurt to watch his girlfriend going all lovey dovey with another man. He would protect Ji Hyo at all cost if the public didn’t accept their relationship.

He smiled when she heard that Ji Hyo was snoring. He hated that he had to wake her up because he knew that she needed a lot of rest but duty was calling them.

“Ji Hyo, wake up! It’s already 8 am. Come on!” Jong Kook shook Ji Hyo’s body.

“Hmm… What the rush, oppa?” Ji Hyo said with her eyes still closed.

“We need to be on set at 10 am. Wake up, wake up.” Ji Hyo ignored him and started to fall asleep again. He then got an idea how to wake her up. Jong Kook suddenly scooped her in his arms. Ji Hyo let out a scream.

“I’ll throw you to the bath tub.” He threatened her. He tried to be serious but a smile betrayed him. Ji Hyo looked at him with her sleepy puppy eyes. She knew Jong Kook would be melted if he saw her act like that.

“Next time you won’t be escaped so easily.” He kissed her softly before put her down, “Good morning, beautiful.”

 “Good morning too, oppa.” She put her arms around his waist, hugging him tightly as she put her head on his chest, listening to his heart beats.

“Take a bath now. I’m going to prepare for our breakfast.” Ji Hyo just nodded. She then had an idea how to payback Jong Kook earlier. She walked towards the bathroom, then suddenly she ran back to Jong Kook who was still standing beside her bed and let their bodies fell down to the bed. Ji Hyo laughed when she saw Jong Kook’s startled expression. She was on top of Jong Kook and she propped herself on her elbow. She looked deeply in his eyes, only to found that he was also looking into her eyes lovingly.

“I’m happy that you’re mine.” He said to her, his hand caressed her cheek. “It takes million people to complete the world but it only takes you to complete mine. You are my love, my world, my life, you’re my every minute of my every day, my everything.”

“You always know how to play your sweet words.” Ji Hyo smiled, she was so happy to hear those words from Jong Kook but she liked to .

“It’s the truth.” He pinched her cheek gently.

“Now, sleeping beauty, you have to take a bath or else we’re going to be late.” They got up and before Ji Hyo walked away, he took her hand, pulled her down and kissed her forehead.

Jong Kook walked to the kitchen and started to look for something edible for them. He opened her kitchen cupboards only to find a lot of ramen there. They had a lot of fights about her eating habits in the earlier time of their relationship but then he realized that he wouldn’t want her to change for him. He wanted her to change for herself. He decided to make hard boiled eggs and toasts for them. He also prepared to make a cup of coffee for Ji Hyo. He knew very well that her woman couldn’t think properly if she didn’t have her coffee.

He put all the foods on the dining table and waited for Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo came out, sat in front of him and they started to eat.

“I heard that you got an offer to play in a weekend drama?” Jong Kook asked Ji Hyo.

“How do you know about that, oppa? I haven’t told anyone about that.” She was a pretty shock to hear his question.

“Yah! Don’t underestimate my connection in this industry.” He laughed. “Why you don’t tell me about this?”

“It’s not that I don’t want to tell you but… I just want to make sure that I will get the role before telling people about my new drama. I don’t want to give a false hope. I don’t want to put my expectation too high.” She sighed and put down her fork.

Seeing his girlfriend got a little down, he stood up and moved next to her. “Ji Hyo, you’re a beautiful woman and smart. I’m sure that you’re going to get the lead role. Just have a confidence with yourself, okay?” He took her hands and rubbed it slowly, giving her his assurance. She nodded.

He stood up and walked to the couch where he put his backpack there. He rummaged it and took a little blue box. He opened it and took out the contents.

“What is that, oppa?” She asked curiously.

“It’s a charm bracelet.” He took her left wrist, “Here, I put it on for you.” It was a silver bracelet with a love and tiger pendants.

“A tiger?” He nodded and answered her, “Yes, so you will always remember me. That I will always be there for you. I will always love you and protect you. No matter what.”

Ji Hyo was still admiring her new bracelet when Jong Kook asked her, “Do you like it?”

“It’s so lovely, oppa. Thank you so much.” Ji Hyo smiled and hugged him.

“I’m glad that you like it.”

Ji Hyo knew that falling in love with Jong Kook was something that she hadn’t expected. She was just a student when she ever saw him for the first time while he was an idol, as a part of Turbo. Even when Turbo disbanded and Jong Kook went solo, she was still fangirling over him. They first met in the Family Outing filming when she starred as a guest. She noticed that Jong Kook looked at her a few times but at that time, she had a boyfriend so she didn’t make a move on him.

She met him again in Running Man. She discovered they were both single this time but she involved in a love line and her love line partner was actually falling in love with her while she was in love with another man. Being in love with him was something she couldn’t stop even if she tried. Slowly, Ji Hyo and Jong Kook grew closer and she agreed to be his girlfriend.

“Oppa…”

“Yes, Ji Hyo –ah?”

“I love you and it’s not because you make me happy, not because you make me feel special, not because you’re the sweetest person ever but because I just love you and I don’t need any reasons for that. I’m so thankful that you accept me the way I am.” She looked at his eyes and he smiled.

“I don’t need a perfect girlfrie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter