A Meeting of Sorts

New Start, New Blood, New Love

"Someone stop that man!!! He's wanted by the police!!!"

 

Jongdae and Chanyeol turned toward the direction of the scream. At that time, both men saw a homeless man, or a man that looked to be homeless, being chased by two men. One man looked like a frantic deer, doe eyes and all, while the other man looked......like a unicorn lover. Yeah, Chanyeol and Jongdae don't know where that came from either.

 

 

Both Jongdae and Chanyeol saw the homeless-looking man running their way. The duo looked at each other, smirks appearing on their faces. An unspoken conversation passed between their eyes before Chanyeol moved a little ways down the street, the homeless man heading straight for Jongdae. But what happened next stopped his fruitless escape......literally.

 

As he started to pass the burger joint, Jongdae suddenly ran out, tackling Rob (AN: Homeless man, just a reminder) to the ground. Rob looked dazed, while Jongdae helped him up, so to not seem like a jerk to bystanders.

 

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?!" Jongdae asked, Rob nodding his head silently. He hit his head pretty hard in the fall, his vision blacking out at the corners of his eyes. But when Rob looked to see the two police officers had gained a lot of ground on him, his eyes widened, and he started running again, leaving Jongdae to smirk at his utter stupidity.

 

Rob started running again, but wasn't able to get very far, when a tall man with a baby face and yoda-like ears sticking out of his head, aka Chanyeol, stopped him. He looked frantic, looking every direction until the man looked at him. Rob could see in his eyes that he was worried sick.

 

"Hey, have you seen my girlfriend?! I had gone up to a store, because I saw a gift that I know she'd love. Women love their purses and all. But when I turned around, she wasn't there, and now I can't find her! I've been looking for 20 minutes, you have to help me!" Chanyeol was now shaking Rob back and forth, making him even more dizzy after the fall with the other man, aka Jongdae

 

"Look, I'd love to help you. I feel bad for you, man. But, I can't. I'm kind of in a rush to get to my job. So, ask someone else?" Rob quickly finished, trying to run again, but he got pulled back by the same man, but this time was different. He looked stern, emotionless even. It was as if he'd flipped a switch, and suddenly became a different person.

 

"I'm sorry. But I can't let you go. Being wanted by the police is not a little problem, it's a huge problem. For you, at least. I'm not letting you go." Rob's eyes widenend, knowing what the tall man was doing now. He tried to run away, but Chanyeol slammed him up against the nearest wall, making Rob hit his head for the second time that day.

 

"You, know, I didn't want to do that. But, honestly, you brought that one on yourself. Oh look, your chauffeur is here. Don't worry, though. Where you're going, you'll get a roof over your head, three meals a day, and other people just like you! Some people would kill to have a LEAST one of those three." As soon as Chanyeol was done explaining to Rob he'd lost, he shoved the runaway perp over to Lay and Luhan. And needless to say, both men were shocked, impressed, and confused.

 

"Well, on behalf of this city, the police officers down at the station, and little kids everywhere, thank you. That was really impressive." The deer said to Chanyeol and Jongdae, who had walked up to the group once Rob was in cuffs. Jongdae just shrugged, as if what he and Chanyeol accomplished was nothing

 

"It was nothing. Just doing our job as law-abiding citizens." Chanyeol just laughed at his friend's words, ruffling Jongdae's hair. The latter immediately whined, saying something along the lines of, "Respect your elders, you ungrateful brat." Chanyeol just laughed again, this time at Jongdae's childish behavior, despite being older than him. Soon, both Jongdae and Chanyeol noticed that one of the men wasn't saying anything, just staring at them.

 

And when they looked to see who it was, it was none other than the unicorn looking guy.

 

"Um, hey, can you stop him? It's kind of freaking me out, how intense the stare is." Chanyeol said, looking down and rubbing the back of his neck. Jongdae was looking at anything and everything except the unicorn, who was freaking him out. 

 

"Lay, what's going on in your head. You're thinking of something serious. Also, stop staring at them, it's freaking them out. It's also pretty creepy for me." Lay then looked at Luhan, hearing him but not knowing exactly how to voice his thoughts without sounding......creepy. Luhan could see that Lay was having a hard time, so he had to play the guessing game, making Luhan sigh.

 

"Okay then, I'm going to have to guess it then. Does it have to do with the guy we caught?" Lay shook his head, making Luhan sigh again. Patience wasn't his strongest suit, and he was quickly getting irritated.

 

"Well Lay, does it have to do with these guys?" Luhan asked again, pointing to the two men who helped them catch their perp. Lay nodded frantically, and Luhan smirked. He was finally getting somewhere with his silent friend.

 

"Well, we already thanked them, so that's not it......well......then is it......Lay, you have to help me here, I can't read your mind!" Luhan suddenly shouted, starting everyone within a three meter radius. Luhan took a deep breath, and looked at Lay with remorse in his eyes.

 

"Okay, I'm sorry, that was uncalled for. Just, tell me what's on your mind, please?" Luhan gave Lay the doe-eyed look, silently begging Lay to spill. Even though Luhan felt like he was dying inside for giving up his manly pride, he was desperate for Lay to just talk. Soon enough, the latter sighed, knowing no one could win against Luhan's aegyo.

 

"Fine, I want to know their names! If they are who I think they are, then we'll be seeing a lot more of them very soon." Luhan looked very confused, but asked anyway. If he didn't, Lay would have his head. And since Lay seemed to be especially closer to Suho than most of the other members, he knew that would be a bad idea.

 

"Well, fine then Lay. I'll humor you. What are your names? And just do it, otherwise my life will get ten times harder to live." Luhan sent the other two men a hard glare, making Jongdae and Chanyeol gulp. This Luhan guy was cute one minute, and very serious the next, needless to say scary. So they did what Luhan wanted, because they liked living.

 

"Okay then......this tall giant is Chanyeol, and my name's Jongdae, but that's reserved for people I'm especially close to, so call me Chen." As soon as their names were out in the open, Luhan's eyes widened and Lay smirked, because he was right.

 

"I kind of knew it when I saw how you guys teamed up to help us catch this perp." Lay then kicked Rob, he was starting to fall asleep, or pass out. One of the two, and honestly, no one cared that much. He was planning on kidnapping a child. To them, Rob was scum.

 

"Well, nice to meet you then! I'm Lay, and this is Luhan. When you guys come into work sometime this week, we're going to be two of your many new co-workers." Jongdae and Chanyeol's eyes widened at what Lay had just said. They were going to be working together?

 

"Okay, this is shocking. At least we know someone before we officially start. It makes things less akward." Chanyeol says, startling Luhan back to reality. Chanyeol had a baby-like face, and his deep voice didn't match that at all. 

 

"Yeah, it does! But, now I'm curious. What exactly do you guys do? Besides catching runaway prisoners." Jongdae nudged his head toward Rob, who was now sleeping. But, no one cares still.

 

"We mostly do detective work for pretty big cases. You guys do know that the both of you were hired to join the 2nd Division, right?" Luhan said, which made Jongdae and Chanyeol's eyes nearly pop out of their head. Okay, so they didn't know then.

 

"No, no we didn't! This is a big step up for us, right Yeol?" Jongdae had used his nickname for such a long time it came out of his mouth on reflex. Luhan's eys widened, and Lay just looked interested in the nickname. Chanyeol sighed, knowing what the other men were thinking.

 

"Yeah, it is Dae, considering where we were about......a day ago. And before you guys ask, we've known each other for a long time. We've......had some stuff happen. We're pretty much like brothers. It's been a long time since he's called me by my real name, let alone my full name. It's nothing romanic." Luhan and Lay had this look of understanding cross their faces, while Jongdae just laughed.

 

"Really?! Me feel romantic feelings towards you?! You give yourself too much credit, Yeol!" Jongdae continuted to laugh, while an angry blush covered Chanyeol's cheeks, and started to smack his best friend. Luhan and Lay were chuckling at the other two, loving the chemistry between the two.

 

"Well, we already know you guys will fit right in with our crazy group. We can't wait to tell the others about you guys!" Luhan said, patting Jongdae's back. The said man smiled, already liking his and Chanyeol's chances of staying here. Both were ready to settle somewhere, and Seould was looking like a very nice option as time went on.

 

"So, we'll see both of you later in the week?" Lay asked, wanting an exact date, but wouldn't be pushy. He'd learned that being pushy got you, and other people, hurt. Lay wouldn't make the same mistake again, even if he knew Jongdae and Chanyeol wouldn't hurt him.

 

"Yeah, maybe tomorrow or the next day. Just know, when we do come, it'll be a split decision. No way we're planning this out. That's wat too boring." Chanyeol says. Jongdae nodded along with Chanyeol's statement. They didn't do boring, Jongdae and Chanyeol were known for being over-the-top. 

 

Soon, Jongdae and Chanyeol went one way, probably to finally get food, and Luhan and Lay went the other way to drop off. Needless to say, after their surprise meeting, both parties knew one thing.

 

After today, their lives would never be the same...


Well, hi. This is later than I wanted it to be. Sorry, but at least I updated today!!! For all of you people in different time zones, it's Sunday for me. Although I'm getting closer to Monday, which means school. Boo.

Oh well. At least I don't have any huge tests at all this week. 

You have no idea how awful last week was for me. America's testing system absolutely . I was ready to stab someone by the time the weekend rolled around. I almost didn't want to write all weekend.

But I did, obviously. Because I love all of you.

Well, now I hope all of you fabulous people upvote and comment!!! Comments and upvotes are greatly appreciated. GREATLY APPRECIATED. I'm trying to tell all of you to comment and upvote. It gives me more incentive to upload faster.

And to all of my new and old subscribers, free cupcakes for all!!! *Throws the cupcakes of magicalness and rainbows*

Well, I'm gone for now. Peace!!!

~~~~~~~bubble1765