Her Best Friend?

Never Ending

You looked around the crowd, craning your neck a little ways away to search for someone. He texted you to let you know he'd be there at the party too. You didn't even see his nose anywhere. At the time, you were surrounded by SHINee, Chunji and Eunji, they were keeping you company and were hogging your attention, they knew you didn't really like being in the spotlight as much and you were thankful for their thoughtfulness of getting you away from business related people. Even so, your quest of searching your long lost best friend was being threatened. You realized Chunji and Eunji weren't around. Sneaky bastards.

 

"Oppa, can I at least go get my own drink? I am quite thirsty and I think I need a walk", you complained, intending to give them an earful if they didn't allow you this time. Minho was about to say something when Onew being the eldest among the ones present nodded, "alright, it's your party after all, just call when you need us".

 

"Thanks oppa", you cheered, pecking his cheek and then quickly leaving the table, heading straight to where the food was served. Reaching the table, you eyed what might fit your appetite that night and sighed, nothing seemed to catch your eye! You bit your lip, deciding to move away from the food and drinks to listen to the music played in the background, continuing your search. Hopefully no one would want to talk to you for the rest of the night.

 

"Excuse me miss, care to join me for the night?" someone tapped your shoulder, immediately making you tense up ever so slightly. You turned around to the source of the question and gasped, "Changjo oppa!"

 

"Hey there girly, did you miss me?" He grinned back, handing you a glass of punch. "Cause I sure did, you look beautiful by the way".

 

"Are you being silly? Of course I missed you! And thanks, you're finally taller than me huh? How was living in Italy? Did you get a girlfriend already? Tell me everything!" You shot question after question, excited. The blush on your cheeks faint at the comment he made. Changjo had certainly grown out of his awkwardly tall and lanky figure from back in elementary and filled out his body with, quiet distractingly, delicious muscles. You could see them taut and flex even under his plain white button down and midnight blue blazer. He was taller than you by a head now, that was saying something because you were wearing heels. You quickly averted your eyes from his body when he chuckled, "I'll tell you everything, but I want you to meet some people first", he paused, "do you mind?"

 

"Not at all, as much as I like Minho oppa and the others, they're being too uptight tonight", you nodded and glanced at the table of said group of men. Key and Jonghyun were whispering to each other, probably talking about some intimate subject that you weren't so keen to know; as everyone would know, they were gay for each other and you were the main reason they finally got into a relationship. Onew was somewhere talking to a lovely girl, for once looking professional and relaxed at the same time. You always loved to see that expression on him, makes him really give off the 'responsible brother' vibe. Taemin wasn't at the table anymore, probably off to win over some girl's heart for the night. Minho was left talking to the new Director of the Gong Company, Gong Minji. The woman was the same age as you, and you have a pleasant acquaintance to her. There was nothing not to like about her. The only problem was that you get childishly jealous of her constant contact with Minho because of their joint projects. As if on queue, Minho looked up at you and smiled in acknowledgement, noticing Changjo beside you.

 

Out of all the five of them, only Minho knew you were searching to reunite with your best friend tonight, even helping you eager to get out of a certain group of five and other oncoming 'suitors'. Changjo gave a hearty laugh, "they're just looking out for you, you know?"

 

"That's what makes everything worse, sometimes I feel like I haven't grown out of the age of ten because of them", you placed the place of unfinished punch on a tray of a passing server and rested a hand around Changjo's outstretched arm and he led you away. "Well you're twice that age now", Changjo smirked, the two of you slowing down to stop at a random area occupied by four other men. Your smile lit up brighter if possible, when you recognized the faces of the men, a little disgruntled that L.Joe was there, but you greeted them happily, "good evening, I'm so glad you could all attend!"

 

CAP, L.Joe, Ricky and Niel turned their heads to your exclamation. "Miyoung-ssi", CAP flashed you a handsome smile, "congratulations on turning twenty this year".

 

"Thank you", you nodded, slightly surprised at the sudden smile from the man, "how are you all liking the party?"

 

"It's wonderful", Niel offered his own smile, flashing his pearly whites. Changjo raised a brow, "you know them?"

 

"Yes, we met under certain circumstances and Chunji oppa introduced us", you briefed, giving Changjo a curious eye. He was giving the four men a hard look but quickly reverted to his small smirk, "that makes things a lot easier then, Mimi, meet my hyungs, hyungs, meet Mimi, we've been friends since elementary".

 

You gave him a look, which made him quickly sputter, "best friends! We've been best friends since elementary".

 

 

¤¤¤

 

L.Joe watched from his spot as Changjo maneuvered through the crowd with a girl at his side. More specifically, you. L.Joe had no clue on what sort of relation you have with his youngest faction leader and he was still figuring it out as the two of you became nearer to Teen Top's table.

 

CAP was watching them with his calculating eyes, guarded, as opposed to his relaxed posture. It seems like not only L.Joe realized that any relation of Changjo and Miyoung were not mentioned in her files. Niel did say that he didn't dig up almost everything, but surely he would have added in the file that Changjo was once friends with the blinding beauty standing a mere feet away from him. Yes, L.Joe agreed that you were beautiful, though it was no wonder, with your dazzling smile, gorgeous mane, and that slim body of yours. You kept turning heads!

 

You barely wore much makeup, your long black hair tied in waterfall braids, hair ornaments clipped in at just the right places. You wore miniscule white gold earstuds and locket hanging around your neck, accompanying your specially designed creamy caramel dress. It was sleeveless and hugged your torso, the silky smooth material flared out at your hips and slightly floored around you. Shiny beads scattered on the layout of the dress, dense at the chest area and slowly dispersing as it read waist down. It was slit at the left side of the dress that reached mid thigh, giving sneak peeks of your toned legs, also flashing your favorite anklet you always wore. Your footwear consisted of skin tone colored high heels, completing the look. True, you looked simple, yet you managed to catch everyone's attention. 

 

Ricky and Niel were talking about their family companies' recent plans and before L.Joe could distract himself with listening in to their conversation when Changjo and you arrived. That very moment, Chunji appeared, Eunji at his side. "Miyoung-ah! Wait, you know Changjo?"

 

"Of course, Chunji oppa, Eunji-ah, meet my childhood best friend, Choi Jonghyun", you gestured to the man beside you, unaware that the six men were slightly tense. Chunji's eyes widened, "really? This is the guy??" You raised a delicate eyebrow. Eunji jabbed a finger at his side reprimanding and that earned Chunji chuckles from Niel and Ricky.

 

L.Joe remained silent throughout the conversation, content on listening in. Chunji cleared his throat, "anyway, Minho was searching for you, he's at the table". "Minho oppa did? Why?" You asked curiously. Chunji shrugged his shoulders, "beats me". Eunji looked excited, "just go, details later!"

 

You gave her a look then turned to the others apologetically, "sorry, it seems like I'm needed, excuse me". And with that, you were gone.

 

 

¤¤¤

 

 

Changjo eyed CAP, Niel, and L.Joe wearily, "what really happened? Why are we getting involved with Miyoung, hyungs?" Eunji was still there, but she was as much as in on this as the men were. You didn't have to know about that though.

 

"This isn't an appropriate place to talk about that", Chunji countered. Changjo sighed, talking in his low voice, "hyung, whatever this is, it better be for good reasons. This is Miyoung we're talking about! We aren't supposed to drag her into this. You must already know what her father said about our involvement in this business".

 

"I know what he said, we're just making sure nothing happens to her because of recent mishaps", Chunji said in a placating manner. Changjo became alarmed, "what happened?" He demanded, pressing at each word dangerously.

 

After not speaking much the whole night L.Joe finally spoke up, "that would be my fault". Changjo turned to him, "you have so many explaining to do, all of you. I just left for a few months and then suddenly she's all dragged into this! Eunji noona, don't ever take your eyes off Miyoung please? Especially tonight, I saw some of their connections lurking around".

 

"That's already taken care of, we've already put up security around the perimeter, no one is getting her tonight", CAP interfered, his eyes scanning the ballroom again.