Chased

Never Ending

"Yah! Get back here you piece of !"

 

ers. I dodged all the projectiles they threw at me while I ran out of the alley. There was three of them after me now and no doubt other three of the infamous Beast gang are somewhere else waiting to ambush me. I turned quickly to a busy street and they lost sight of me, for a second.

 

The curious civilians just made way as I ran, throwing off my  jacket and grabbed a hat on sale, "I'll pay later!" The shopkeeper was so going to give me an earful later.

 

Maneuvering through the crowd, I slipped on the cap as I ran, hearing a distant "there he is!" not far behind me. Argh, stupid Hyunseung and his eyes.

 

I picked up my pace and my phone rang, "a little help here, Beast is on my tail man!"

 

"There's an escape route on your left after the traffic light, take it, our men will be waiting with a car; Beast is still too far to catch up".

 

"Thanks", I muttered, ending the call and stuffing the phone in my pocket, taking a left at the traffic light and promptly saw the said car. I slowed down my steps, now speed walking to the car.

 

Something bumped into my chest and it yelped. I paused in my tracks and stared the thing-I mean-her. "Are you okay?"

 

She blinked a few times, "ah, y-yes".

 

"Yah! Bastard! I got you now!" Both of our heads lifted to the direction of the shout. Damn, Doojoon too?! I grabbed the girl's wrist and quickly got in the slick black SUV, the men already getting the car into gear and driving off.

 

Doojoon and the rest of Beast was left at the sidewalk, glaring after us. Yoseob was chasing after us on his bike.

 

"Hey! Why did you do that?!" The girl demanded, glaring at me angrily. She looked scared and shocked as well.

 

"If I left you back there they'll take you in", I explained shortly, skirting around the truth. The car was speeding, cutting lanes and almost running red lights.

 

"Take me in? Huh, and what are you doing to me now, exactly?" She huffed, not after wearing the seatbelt in fear of the speed we were driving in.

 

I studied her silently then turned to the man driving, "to the HQ". The driver gruffly nodded and rolled up the screen dividing the front seats and the back seats. Probably to give us privacy, huh. "I have no intentions on taking anyone hostage, in fact you should be thanking me for saving you", I stated to her.

 

"Thanking you? I practically just got dragged into some gang business and now my life will never be peaceful, ever, thanks to you, mister I am so cool I don't even care to introduce myself before dragging an innocent into this whole sha-bang with my friend back there panicking and vulnerable, what if those men were taking her instead?!" The girl ranted. Silence ensued, her heavy breathing was the only thing breaking the silence. "L.Joe".

 

She looked at me blankly, nonplussed.(?)

 

"It's L.Joe", I repeated. "And your friend is fine".

 

¤¤¤¤

 

L.Joe huh, it sounds familiar, I think Chunji mentioned his name once when he was drunk, must be my imagination.

 

"Where are you taking me, L.Joe-ssi?" I asked.

 

He shook his head, "just wait".

 

Argh! The nerve of this guy! Grumbling, I took to burning a hole with my eyes at the driver's headrest in front of me. 

 

The car suddenly pulled over in front of a tall building and L.Joe got out of the car along with the driver. I watched as the said driver open my door, L.Joe waiting for me patiently as I stepped out. I took note of the ordinary seeming office building, L.Joe dubbed this as the HQ? Well then.

 

Men lined up, guards in identical suits and sunglasses bowed to L.Joe as he passed, I calmly followed after him, used to this kind of treatment, but who is this guy anyway? Why am I following him so calmly, too? I should be running off right now, and get back to Eun Ji who is most probably already panicking and calling Chunji to get a search party for me.

 

L.Joe entered the elevator and eyed me as I slid in next to him and reverted his gaze just as quickly. "Do not leave my sight, please", he warned. I didn't say anything. The familiar ding sounded and the doors opened, L.Joe sighed and stepped out, naturally leading me through the hallways and entering a room.

 

"Oi L.Joe, this better be a good reason, I was this close to beating CAP hyung's re- who's that?"

 

Chunji's eyes widened, "M-Miyoung-ah".