Love Hurts

Growing Pains

 

 

        It was a sunny morning. Birds were chirping signaling the start of the day for everyone and of course, the members of GOT7.

 

        Everyone dragged their feet tiredly to the van waiting for them in front of their apartment. Mark settled at the front while the others at the back and their manager as usual, would be driving them to the company.

 

        “Ugh, my head feels heavy…” Jaebum yawned as he stretched his arms like a kitten. Mark caught the mother of the group staring at the leader’s biceps through the mirror and quirked an eyebrow.

 

        Was that what I think it was?

 

        “That’s why you need to eat vitamins and drink lots of water to keep yourself replenished throughout the day. I read on the internet that water can prevent oneself from being sleepy, plus it makes your skin smooth and clean.” Jinyoung stated.

 

        Jackson gave the male an are-you-kidding-me-look. His eyes were rimmed with dark circles and he looked like a walking zombie. “Easy for you to say. Not everyone is as energetic as you are.”

 

        “That is because you’ve been staying up all night on your phone texting someone and possibly watching while everyone is asleep. Pretty sure Mark is disturbed by your fapping noises.”

 

        Mark cackled as Jackson blushed furiously, “I don’t fap and I most certainly won’t do it with Mark in the room!”

 

        “Does that mean you will do it when Mark is not in the room?” Jinyoung teased, a sly smirk on his face. “Geez Jackson.”

 

        Mark laughed louder and hold his stomach. Jaebum who was ignored throughout the conversation started to laugh also and clapped his hands, praising Jinyoung for being able to shoot the one with the most variety sense.

 

        Jackson could feel himself heating up and he definitely, literally could see that Jinyoung’s nose became longer. “Gosh! BamBam help me out here-“

 

        Jackson turned around to get BamBam’s support only to be greeted with the two youngest members along with Youngjae were sleeping soundly at the back, leaning against each other. “What the heck? At times like this you guys are sleeping!” Jackson exclaimed in disbelieve.

 

        The other three members laughed loudly, including their manager.

 

 

 

 

        All the GOT7 members were busy with their own schedule that day. JJ Project had a show to film, BamBam, Youngjae and Yugyeom had a music show to go to and Jackson was filming roommate. All that was left was Mark who had nothing to do because his schedule starts later than everyone else.

 

        But for now he had nothing to do.

 

        Mark sighed lazily and lied down on the couch in their practice room. He might as well get some sleep. The LA boy’s eyes were slowly closing as the hum of the air-con slowly lulled him to sleep.

 

 

 

        “Shhh.” Someone said.

 

        Mark twitched slightly in his sleep.

 

        “He looks so cute when he’s sleeping.” A girl giggled.

 

        Mark felt someone’s breath on his face and he slowly opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was a blob of blurry pictures as his eyes slowly starts too focus. The next thing he saw was Youngji.

 

        You know the girl from Kara.

 

        The one that Jackson likes.

 

        The red haired boy was stationary for a moment. Then, like gears moving in his brain everything clicked.

 

        Youngji is in front of him. Jackson is behind her. There’s a lot of cameraman behind and he realized that this is none other than Roommate.

 

        Mark quickly sat up and cleared his throat, his cheeks and ears were pink and he was embarrassed to be caught sleeping on camera. “Uh, umm…”

 

        “In case you didn’t know, we’re filming roommate.” Youngji giggled. “You were so cute when you’re sleeping!”

 

        “Sorry for disturbing,” Mark rubbed the back of his neck.

 

        “Oh no, it’s okay!” The girl shook her head, “We’re actually here because Jackson wanted to show me around JYP building.”

 

        Mark felt like Youngji had just stabbed him in the chest and gauge his heart out and stomped it repeatedly. Jackson and him made eye contact for a few seconds before Mark adverted his eyes to Youngji.

 

        “Oh that’s great,” he said it less enthusiastically than he intended it to be.

 

        “Youngji,” Jackson called out. “Let’s go, I’ll show you around.”

 

        “Can Mark come with us?”

 

        “Uh, if he wants to. Do you want to come Mark?”

 

        “Yeah sure, I have nothing to do anyway.” Mark smiled and got up, stretching his arms. “Let’s go.”

 

 

 

        The trio went to almost all of the rooms in the building and it sickens Mark to witness Jackson’s affection for Youngji. He was never that romantic with Mark. Once again, Mark felt like his heart was squeezed so tightly. He recognized that feeling as jealousy.

 

        There was one time when the camera was not rolling the two of them were giving each other these loving glances while Mark was behind them. He didn’t know if it was Jackson’s plan to make him jealous and forget about him or he was doing it unconsciously.

 

        Mark believed in the former.

 

        He remembered those times when Jackson and him would kiss or hold their hands behind the camera and now he’s doing it with Youngji. He seriously felt like falling from a 50-storey building.

 

 

        “Mark.” Youngji called out during their break. She was blushing.

 

        “Yeah?” Mark replied with a smile as Youngji sat next to him on the couch back to their practice room.

 

“W-what kind of food does Jackson like?” She stuttered, now as red as a tomato.

 

        Mark knew where this was going but he decided to shut it up and answer her. “He likes pizza and meat but he basically eats anything.”

 

        “Okay…” Youngji seemed thrilled to be getting that piece of information. “What is his favorite color?”

 

        “He likes black and hence why his caps are mostly black.” I’m doing this for you.

 

        “C-c-can you tell me more about him?”

 

        “Sure,” Mark grinned and faked a smile. Because even though I’m hurting I don’t want you to hurt as much as I do. He glanced at Jackson from the corner of his eyes. “Jackson likes fencing and he snores when he sleep. He also likes to play music loudly when he is showering and dance. And Jackson like it when people compliment him and tell him that his legs are long…” Mark continued.

 

        I hope you treasure her and keep her by your side for a long time. Maybe I did something wrong or maybe I said something offensive I don’t know… But I’m sorry for whatever it is. I love you and I still will. This is why I’m letting you go so that you can be happy while I suffer in your shadow.

 

        “Thanks so much!” Youngji exclaimed and speed walked to Jackson, her cheeks still reddish.

 

        Mark smiled sadly at the view of the two of them talking. They looked so real and romantic and he could feel Jackson’s love for her was real.

 

        Man, love hurts.

 

 

 

 

 

So what do you think? Leave a comment. ;D