Four

Hope

The instant your lips touched his, he felt and saw you, but he wasn't prepared. He jumped back, falling over the ceiling piece he was previously sitting on. You started chuckling but stopped immediately, shocked at the sound that escaped your lips. You never heard yourself chuckle before. Not once did you hear your own voice before. How could you, if you had noone to talk to, noone to laugh with, noone to cry about. Nothing to ever make you use your voice.

Youngjae got up from the ground and called out for you again. He looked right into yur eyes, as if he could see you now without yout touching him. He stepped closer, still looking right into your eyes. He came to a halt only inches away looking down right at you. Could he see you? No, that was impossible. It couldn't be.

Yet he lifted his hand to the side of your face, hesitant to touch you. His gaze softened, his lips turning into a smile, silently asking for permission. You couldn't believe that he actually could see you. You nodded slightly, giving your consent for him to touch you. His fingertips brushed your cheek, you felt tingles under yur skin as he lightly caressed your face. You closed your eyes and leaned into his hand, letting the warmth leave tingly traces on your skin. It felt amazing.

Youngjae took every part of your face in, his gaze following every little detailed feature. He stopped on your lips. Your eyes were still closd but you felt his hand stop at your cheek. You opened your eyes, finding Youngjae staring at your lips. You nodded again, encouraging him. He looked up at your eyes, down at your lips again and leaned in. You closed your eyes, waiting for the contact. It came, and it was so much better than the first one. It felt crazy, like the time stood still, all your blood rushing into your head, your lungs longing for air but not wanting to part yet. You could hear bells ringing, fireworks exploding, you could see them behind your eyelids. Your body tingled all over. Your lips moved in perfect harmony with his. You knew this was bound to happen. This was fate. This was your prophecy.

 

In that exact moment you knew what that feeling was when Youngjae first ran through you. It was hope. Hope for a new world.