hands off

keep your hands where I can see them
Please log in to read the full chapter
keep your hands where I can see them

chanyeol/bomi, nc-17, fluff, 8.7k

a/n: for the sake of the story, let's pretend that the age of consent in SK is 18 (apparently it's 13... or so I read)

 

 

 

A girl nodded her head alongside the beat of the dubstep music played in the club, looking quite out of place with her very appropriate knee-length dark skirt paired up with a baby pink cardigan. Even after Baekhyun applied some make up on her, curling her hair to make her appeared older than her age, Bomi still looked too young to be in a club.

 

Which she did.

 

… Not so much.

 

But a minor for sure.

 

“You’re alone, Sweetheart?” the question came from a man with a nose piercing and a big tattoo across his neck. He hovered in front of Bomi, looking down to her like she’s a delicious prey.

 

“Nope,” she chirped happily, not the least intimated or worried. She knew he would come soon, because it's not the first time she got hit on by men, and every time it happened, well, it's not a happy ending for those guys. “And not interested, thank you!” she added with a bright, precious smile before the man could say anything more.

 

“Quite cheeky, aren’t you,” the man just said lowly with a dangerous glint on his eyes, a predatory smile upon his face.

 

“I really suggest for you to leave me alone, Ahjussi,” the nickname sure gave a jab to the man’s pride, he’s not that old, he’s not even in his mid-20, “Before my boyfriend comes.” Then, lowering her voice to a conspiracy whisper, “He really doesn’t like it when people talk to me like this.”

 

Taking the warning as a challenge instead, the man took a step closer to Bomi.  “Oh yeah? And who’s that boyfriend may be?”

 

“That would be me,” a low, deep voice thundered from behind Bomi, sounding really unamused, and the girl turned around in delight.

 

“Oppa-yah!” Bomi cheered, hugging her boyfriend’s arm.

 

The man looked up, and up, and up… and cowered immediately. “Chan-Chanyeol,” he stuttered, retreating at once. “W-What a pleasant surprise to… to see you here! Your band’s playing, yeah?” he asked nervously, cursing his bad luck.

 

Park Chanyeol, was the kind of man that you didn’t want to mess up with. He’s probably had a giant’s gene or something, with his long limbs and big hands and big feet and big eyes and big ears, and sure he had a pretty boy face but his fist when he knocked you out was not pretty at all. He’s infamous for his short temper and his long streak of beating up his opponents.

 

“What were you doing with my girlfriend?” he grunted, looking cranky as hell, and the adorable accessories of his girlfriend clinging on him did nothing to make him less scary.

 

“Yo-Your girlfriend? Me? Y-You know,” the man stuttered badly, “Just, just keeping her company, you know? Ha, haha, nothing more.”

 

“Is that right, Bomi?” Chanyeol looked down to his said girlfriend.

 

The tattooed man let out some pitiful, pleading whimpers when Bomi glanced at him. “Um!” Bomi finally said, nodding enthusiastically. “But he’s a bad company… I don’t wish to talk to him again, I hope it’s alright.”

 

Chanyeol smiled softly and the tattooed man whimpered even more just by seeing the odd sight of Park Chanyeol, smiling, softly. “Of course. He won’t come near you ever again,” he turned his head to the tattooed man, his expression changing in a mere second, glaring now. “Right?”

 

“Of course! Totally! Absolutely! H-Have a good time, you two!” And he bolted out right after, disappearing between the crowds in the dance floor.

 

“Oooh, he’s fast,” Bomi commented, resting the side of her head onto Chanyeol’s upper arm.

 

Her boyfriend exhaled. “This is why I don’t want you to come, you’re too cute to be here,” he blushed a little after the compliment slipped out of his tongue.

 

“But I want to see you perform, Oppa-yah,” Bomi looked up and fluttered her eyelashes, unintentionally made Chanyeol’s insides melted. “You’re always so cool when you play guitar, and you promise you will let me see your performance.”

 

Chanyeol’s chest swelled with pride because Bomi just said he’s so cool, not only cool, but so. “Yeah, but I mean later, after you graduate and after your birthday…”

 

The girl scrunched up her nose, clearly disagreed with the idea. “Too long! What if you get bored of me before I graduate, I’ll never see you perform…,” she said in a whisper, burrowing her face on Chanyeol’s chest.

 

“Hey, don’t talk like that, I won’t get bored of you,” Chanyeol pushed Bomi away from him so he could see her face. She looked sad with a small pout on her face and Chanyeol wanted to kiss those lips so much, but fortunately he already mastered self-control the moment he fell in love with the younger girl. He wanted to stay some more, but he knew if he didn't go to the backstage right now, his bandmates would start to hunt him down. “Listen, I need to go now, I’ll leave you with Yifan, don’t go anywhere until I come to get you, okay?”

 

Bomi nodded without a word, and Chanyeol led her to the bar, where Yifan, the bartender, was mixing a drink with an angry face – but really that’s just his normal expression. “Yo, Yifan,” Chanyeol called out. “This is my girlfriend Bomi, watch her for me until I finish playing, alright?”

 

“I’m not a kid,” Bomi said, jabbing Chanyeol’s side.

 

“And,” Chanyeol leaned over the counter to whisper at Yifan, “She’s a minor, so just give her orange juice or something. Even better, milk, if you have it.”

 

Yifan raised his eyebrows but nodded anyway.

 

“I’ll see you later,” Chanyeol ruffled Bomi’s hair before he went.

 

“Fighting, Oppa-yah!” Bomi shouted over his back, and Chanyeol felt a boost on his energy.

 

Chanyeol was in the band with three other guys, Baekhyun, Yixing, and Minseok, and they were actually quite famous to get paid for their gigs – it’s one of Chanyeol’s sources of income. They covered some popular songs - but made it into rock version, slipping a couple of their original songs in between. Baekhyun the vocalist was on fire tonight, rocking the stage like a champion (and to Chanyeol’s horror, Baekhyun did a far from innocent move by hip-ing the air), and the crowd went wild when Yixing the first guitarist took off his tank; on any normal day Chanyeol would follow suit, but tonight he had a special guest so he kept his shirt on to make the performance less R rated.

.

After performing usually they would hang around to drink and just talk, but Bomi had a curfew so Chanyeol bid his friends goodbye in opt of taking his girlfriend home. When he approached the bar with his guitar case hoisted over his shoulder, Bomi was chatting animatedly with Yifan, a bright grin on her face and Yifan had a rare small smile on his. Chanyeol totally did not jealous. 

 

“Bomi,” he said, and Bomi turned around, eyes brightened up immediately.

 

“Oppa-yah! You’re so coooool up there!” Bomi beamed at him and it made Chanyeol felt a little bit better. Yifan threw him a nod and left after Chanyeol said his thanks for watching over Bomi and paid for her drinks.

 

“You had fun with Yifan?” Chanyeol asked, taking Bomi’s hand and pulled her out from the club.

 

“Who?” Bomi asked back confusedly, and Chanyeol looked at her, incredulous. That’s one thing about Bomi, she was so bad with names. She needed four times meeting Baekhyun – in which each time they talked passionately about Infinite and Master’s Sun and So Jisub and Powerpuff Girls – before she remembered his name, if calling him ‘B Oppa’ considered as remember. 

 

“The bartender.”

 

“Ah, him? Well, the kind guy told me about you, Oppa, about the time you punched a man who insulted him, he couldn’t do anything since it’s a customer but you stood up for him!” Bomi said excitedly and Chanyeol made a mental note to give a tip for Yifan the next time he came. “You’re definitely the best!” A big tip.

 

“Oh good, we’re early,” Chanyeol said after they reached Bomi’s house after a thirty minutes bus ride. The lights were still on even though it’s late, Bomi’s father must had been waiting for her to come home. Or her brother. Or her cousin who lived with her. “I feel bad for taking you out until late,” he said, looking down to his petite girlfriend whose height barely reached his chin. Usually he never took Bomi out until this late, but because Bomi insisted to watch his performance since tomorrow was Sunday, Chanyeol gave up. “Your father is going to hate me.”

 

“No he won’t, you already ask for his permission before,” Bomi said lightly, playing with Chanyeol’s fingers. “He likes you, Oppa. But my brothers…” She looked up, giggling. “Hehe, they’ll like you one day.”

 

Chanyeol was not quite sure about that, Junmyeon was a small man with an angel face – like his sister – but Chanyeol always felt much smaller than him whenever Junmyeon glared at him; he’s very protective over his little sister. Not to mention Sehun, that scrawny kid with a poker face, Bomi’s cousin. He seemed like plotting Chanyeol’s death every time he stared at Chanyeol.

 

“Don’t forget to wash your face before you sleep,” Chanyeol said, and Bomi nodded.

 

“Text me when you get home, Oppa,” she made him promise and he nodded too.

 

And then came the goodbye-kiss time, and it always made Chanyeol sweated nervously, because Bomi was closing her eyes like she’s expecting a kiss on her lips, and Chanyeol wanted to grant her wish very much, he just needed to lean over and met those small, pink lips, and maybe ran his tongue over her lower lips, biting over it gently so they could part to let his tongue in—

 

Chanyeol kissed Bomi’s forehead instead.

 

“Good night,” he said, and Bomi’s disappointed face was not missed by his eyes. Not now, he reminded himself, self-control at its best as he swallowed down.

 

He rested his head on a random pole on his way home, banging it there a couple of times. Patience, patience, patience, he chanted in his mind when he remembered Bomi’s beautiful smile and her wide doe-eyes. He banged his head once more for precaution before he continued his walk home.

 

***

 

“You’re asking for it,” Baekhyun always said whenever Chanyeol told him not to sway his hips like that, or his lips seductively, because he might jump on Baekhyun since Chanyeol was ually frustrated, “When you choose to date a preschooler.”

 

“She’s not a preschooler!” Chanyeol always hissed back before he added bitterly, “She’s just… a minor.”

 

Baekhyun’s mocking laugh echoed in Chanyeol’s head even after he smothered the smaller guy with the cushions.

 

It’s definitely not on 24-years-old Chanyeol’s agenda to fall in love with a 17-years-old Bomi, a third year in high school, a minor. He’s just being a dumb when he forgot his apartment’s keys, his phone, and his wallet altogether, while Baekhyun his roommate went home to his parents’ house. Basically Chanyeol made himself a homeless for the weekend.

 

He thought of going to Minseok’s place, but Minseok’s staying with his boyfriend Luhan and Luhan was weird as and once Luhan asked him for a with Minseok – which, he considered in a spurt of the moment, but he backtracked immediately when he saw Minseok’s smirk. Guess there’s a reason why the calm, composed Minseok was dating Luhan.

 

Then Chanyeol considered Yixing’s place... but his place was already small without Yixing’s tendency of leaving piles of dirty clothes and papers and food everywhere. Once Chanyeol went to the kitchen and almost wiped the wet dishes with Yixing’s shirt, while stepping on Yixing’s essay for his night class. Nope, Chanyeol didn’t want to sleep surrounded by Yixing’s laundry and the take-out boxes.

 

So he loitered around in the streets, he couldn’t go to the sauna because he had no money, and he’s hungry, and again, he had no money. It’s just Chanyeol’s pure luck that the sky decided to pour rain too at the time.

 

He took shelter under a nearby bridge and found some homeless men there. His stomach’s grumbling and Chanyeol closed his eyes, squatting down with head leaned to the concrete wall behind, seriously considering went to Minseok’s place and accepted whatever stuff they offered.

 

“… Ahjussi?”

 

There’s a voice – the voice was husky and quite low, but definitely a girl’s – and Chanyeol opened his eyes even though he’s 135% sure the voice wasn’t calling for him – who the hell mistaken his face as an old man? But, it’s just, the voice was so close and—

 

His heart stopped beating for a second.

 

A girl was staring down at him, clear white skin, cute button nose, big wide eyes blinking, pretty, pretty face, and it took a moment for Chanyeol to break out from the daze he’s in and realize that, yes, it’s indeed him the girl addressed as Ahjussi earlier. It took another moment for Chanyeol to realize that the girl had her hand stretched out to him, offering him what appeared to be a triangle kimbab and a bottle of melon milk.

 

Food.

 

Was she a God sent or what…? Wouldn’t be too far off from an angel, her appearance already looked like one—Chanyeol realized another thing. Uniform. She wore a uniform. Not an angel, then. Still debatable.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes caught the emblem stitched to the girl’s uniform, and he recognized it as the emblem of a high school in the area—Wait what? High school? This girl was in high school? She looked around 14… Well okay maybe a first year.

 

“What is it, Ahjussi? Ah, maybe you don’t like spicy chicken? I have tuna…,” the girl mistook Chanyeol’s silence as rejection and she rummaged through the plastic bag she carried, taking out another kimbap. “Here!” And the she smiled, dazzling and positively captivating, that Chanyeol could only receive the food she handed him without a word.

 

He watched while the girl continued her journey, distributing food to the other homeless men before she opened her yellow umbrella and sauntered under the rain. Did she seriously just giving out free food to homeless people? And she thought Chanyeol was one of them? With his handsome face???

 

Chanyeol touched his face and felt the stubble on his face, ah, right, he hadn’t shaved for days, and his hair needed a haircut – and when was the last time he took a shower? And he wasn’t exactly dress to impress, with his worn out sneakers and his never-been-washed jacket.  

 

For some unknown reasons he decided to approach the nearest homeless man and cleared his throat before asking, “So… um, does that girl always do that?” Cause he saw how some men greeted the girl warmly.

 

“Bomi-yah?” the man asked back and Chanyeol noted down the girl’s name inside his head. “Yes, she’s such a sweet girl. She helps out in the orphanage down the road on Sunday, and sometimes gives out food to us.”

 

Chanyeol nodded, taking the information silently. He looked down to the triangle kimbap in his hand – it might be cheap, but for a student, using her allowance money to buy food for homeless men instead of… buying whatever teenagers bought these days – and there’s an unfamiliar feeling clenching at Chanyeol’s heart.

 

In the end, Chanyeol went to Yixing’s place to borrow some money so he could stay in the sauna (wondered why he didn’t think of that before, must be because he’s too hungry).

 

A week passed, and Chanyeol tried, he really tried not to think about the wonderful smile that probably could cure cancer. The wonderful smile that belonged to a high-schooler, by the way, and he thanked God she’s at least 15 because if she’s two years younger, then Chanyeol was utterly ed – he would be a e according to Wikipedia (yes he searched it up).

 

But he couldn’t, whatever he did, his mind just decided to walk down on the memory lane, replaying the under-the-bridge scene over and over again. It caused him to buy triangle kimbap and melon milk every day. Finally, Sunday morning, he couldn’t hold it anymore and against his better judgment, he made his way to the orphanage the homeless man said Bomi volunteered at. He’s just going to walk over the place, and if he didn’t see her, he’d go. As simple as that.

 

Except he ended up waiting about two hours near the orphanage.

 

Thankfully his stalker-ish act was not in vain, since after 4pm some kids walked out of the building, the one in front carrying a soccer ball. They’re playing in the orphanage’s small yard, and among the kids, there’s Bomi. She braided her hair, wearing a simple white shirt with light blue jeans, laughing brightly while playing soccer with the kids.

 

Chanyeol thought his heart was going to break his ribcage and run away towards Bomi’s smile.

 

On Monday, the moment Bomi stepped out of her school’s gate, a tall man stopped her.

 

“Hi,” Chanyeol said, not believing himself to say more than that one simple greeting.

 

Bomi blinked, stretching her neck to look up at the tall stranger. “Hello,” she replied politely, as her voice was as tempting as the first time Chanyeol heard it. The huskiness was being delivered in a soft tone and it’s perfect.

 

“My name’s Park Chanyeol,” Chanyeol said, hand reaching up to rake his hair automatically only to find it fall short – he just cut his hair (and took a bath, and bought new sneakers, and washed his jacket).

 

There’s a small frown on Bomi’s forehead, but still she replied it, “I’m Yoon Bomi.”

 

Chanyeol quickly continued, “I’m 23,” and then he held his breath.

 

“Um, and… I’m 17…?” Bomi said unsurely. Someone needed to teach Bomi not to randomly told strangers her name and age, but for now Chanyeol was thankful for her naivety. And she said she’s—

 

“You’re what?” Chanyeol blurted out. “Seventeeen—Oh thank God!”

 

“Yes?” the girl’s eyebrows rose up until it disappeared behind her fringe.

 

“I mean,” Chanyeol forced his brain to stop partying from the fact they’re only 6 years apart – that’s not so bad, wasn’t it? – and aid him in talking instead. “This will sound so strange yeah I know it is and I really don’t know what is wrong with me but I—Last week you mistaken me for a homeless man under that bridge there and you gave me a kimbap tringle and a melon milk and I like you ever since and what I want to say is would you go out with me?”

 

Bomi blinked several times, probably trying to process Chanyeol’s long sentence.

 

“I’m not a homeless man,” Chanyeol added in a hurry, he already prepared his confession and this stupid ramble was definitely not in it but god-damn his brain decided to stop working right at the crucial moment. “I just—Your smile is very beautiful and I—I just—Can’t forget—I mean, , you’re very pretty—Oh I don’t mean to curse! God! Ugh, you’re, um, beautiful. Ah, I promise I’m not a weird man! But you’re... I... That…Yeah.” He finally closed his mouth, decided that it’s the best thing to do right now since Bomi was still staring at him with wide eyes.

 

“… Okay.”

 

“… I know that it’s strange—W-What?” He almost picked on his ears because it couldn’t be true, Chanyeol’s probably hearing things.

 

“Okay.” The girl in front of him smiled, bowing to him. “Please take care of me.”

 

So that’s how Chanyeol ended up dating a student 6 years younger than himself.

 

***

 

Chanyeol didn’t do relationships.

 

It’s like a rule he made himself after his last relationship three years ago. He came to the conclusion that girlfriends were nosy and extremely unnecessary. The best part about his previous relationships were the , and Chanyeol found out that he didn’t need a relationship to get that – especially since he’s good-looking, tall, and had a voice that could give girls (and boys) just by hearing it. When he needed a hug he went to Minseok because Minseok was small and cuddly and he’s a hugger too. When Chanyeol wanted to go on a date there’s Baekhyun in the room next door, who’s always ready for a movie night and dinner. And when Chanyeol feeling like taking a stroll, there’s Yixing, and Yixing’s a good company, they could talk about anything plus they could compose songs together. It’s perfect.

 

So he really didn’t understand, what was it in Bomi that made him fall, hard, in love, at first sight. He often heard about a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach but was his stomach really as cheap as a triangle kimbap and a bottle of melon milk?

 

Chanyeol didn’t do relationships, he really didn’t, yet every morning he would wait at Bomi’s bus stop, ready to take her to go to school. He also walked her home, always arrived at the school’s gate ten minutes before the bell rang. Sometimes he bought Bomi ice cream or food street because he wanted to take her out to fancy restaurants but he didn’t have the money – luckily, Bomi was addicted to ice cream and she was more than happy with the treat. He

Please log in to read the full chapter