11:11 Pt. 2

11:11

Seokjin hated waking up early on the weekends. During the weekdays, he’d wake up before the sun just to get to his 8 am class fully awake and energized. The weekends were the opposite. He would make up for the early wake-ups by sleeping in till noon, sometimes 2 if Jungkook didn't make a disaster trying to feed himself. The child was 17 yet couldn't even pour boiling water without somehow having half of it end up on the floor. Today was different in the fact that it wasn't Jungkook screaming for every holy deity to help him, but a very, very persistent knocking on the door of the apartment. He mumbled something along the lines of “dammit Jungkook answer it already”

To Seokjin’s displeasure, the knocking continued leading to him curse a string of expletives as he got up out of bed. His body shivered with the sudden cold from the room, the tank top and shorts doing nothing to help him. Seokjin reached the door and opened it, eyes squinting at the sudden bright light of the outside world. Ugh. His eyes focused and they widened at the sight of the knocker.

He was dressed in a black suit that seemed to be tailor made to this man, the lean build of his body showcased rather well in it. The man was about an inch taller than him, bright blond hair on the top of his head, brushed back perfectly, not a strand out of place. He couldn't see the man’s eyes as they were covered by a pair of sunglasses. Seokjin cleared his thoughts and spoke.

“Can I help you?” The man’s gaze seemed to be pointed at Seokjin, making him feel slightly exposed. The man stalled for a second before he cleared his throat.

“I’m looking for a Kim Seokjin. Am I at the right address?” the man’s voice was low, near raspy as he spoke.

“Who wants to know?” Seokjin said, crossing his arms, hoping to look bigger than the man, silently hoping that his shoulders would help him out a bit. A small smirk appeared on the man’s lips before he reached into his suit and pulled out a card. He handed it to Seokjin.

“Agent Kim Namjoon. I am with the No More Wish Agency and I’m here responding to a wish we received on Friday, 11:11PM by a Kim Seokjin” Seokjin’s mind raced, how did this man know about his dream? It was way too early for this. Seokjin looked at the card, the information matching with what Namjoon was saying. He made a note of the one line Namjoon didn't say, where we make your wishes and dreams a reality.

“Wait, wait, wait, I've never heard of this agency. How do I know you’re not some creep and I shouldn't call the cops on you??” The smirk on Namjoon’s face fell, his eyes widening comically.

“No! Look! Just…uh” Namjoon looked around, his mind panicking for a solution. People usually don’t respond like this. What is it with this guy? Just let me give you your wish! Seokjin kept his eyes trained on him. “Look, is it okay if I come inside? I’m not a creep I swear. I’m not some criminal either. I’m considerably on the other side of the spectrum. Seokjin kept his eyes on Namjoon, debating on the “agent” in front of him. “You can call the cops if you want. Hell I’ll even dial the number for you” Seokjin thought about it for a second, a slight amusement coming from the agent’s distress, before he backed up and opened the door a bit wider.

“He’s asleep but my brother is here and if you try anything he’ll scream loud enough for the whole building to hear.” Namjoon nodded and followed Seokjin into the apartment, closing the door behind him. Seokjin made his way towards the living room, motioning for Namjoon to sit on the couch on the other side of the small living room table.

“Okay, first off, how do you know I made that wish, how do you know who I am, where I live?” Seokjin asked. Namjoon cleared his throat before speaking.

“No More Wish is the agency I work for. Nobody really knows about our existence until we show up. We specialize in fulfilling wishes we receive from people across the world. I work in the East Asia division, so we deal with wishes coming in from various countries.” Namjoon pulled out his identification card, handing it to Seokjin. Seokjin took the card, reviewing it. It had Namjoon’s credentials on it, and if he hadn't mentioned the agency, he would have thought he was a secret service agent. Namjoon’s picture was different than the Namjoon in front of him. His hair was black, combed nicely in contrast to the thick blond Mohawk he had now. He had to admit, Namjoon looked handsome.

“How do you know I made the wish though? I didn't even speak when I made it.” Seokjin wondered, handing the card back to Namjoon, their hands touching. They both flinched back, Namjoon clearing his throat again before speaking.

“We have satellites positioned in each division. They have a database that records any conversation, or in your case, lipreading, triggered by the word “wish”” Namjoon explained. Seokjin looked at him, about to ask more questions before the door to Jungkook’s room opened up. Jungkook walked sleepily into the room, looking at Seokjin, giving him a morning greeting before doing a double take at the sight of Namjoon.

“You already bringing them home hyung? This early or did you bring him in while I was asleep?”

“Jungkook!” Seokjin barked, his cheeks turning red, side-eyeing Namjoon. “This is Agent Namjoon. He’s with the No More Wish A-

“Ah! The No More Wish Agency! One of your Agents helped my friend Jimin out a few months ago!” Namjoon perked up at Jungkook, nodding along.

“Agent Taehyung took care of that one. How does Jimin feel about being on the basketball team?” Namjoon asked, Seokjin turning and looking at him incredibly. Namjoon just shrugs and smiles.

“We remember the wishes we grant. They matter to you as our clients, so as our clients, you matter to us” For some reason, Seokjin’s stomach dropped at the word, “clients”. He ignored the feeling as Jungkook continued.

“Wait if you’re from the agency, what wish did you make hyung?” Jungkook asked, turning towards Seokjin. Seokjin could feel a sudden embarrassment creep up and warm his neck.

“I…uh…I uh wished t-“

“Did you wish for a boyfriend,” Jungkook cut in, turning to Namjoon, “please tell me he wished for a boyfriend” Namjoon turned to Seokjin, Seokjin’s hand covering his face in embarrassment.

“Uh” Namjoon didn't know what to do. He usually got wishes from children who wanted a puppy, students who wanted to be able to remember everything they needed for a final. Namjoon liked those wishes. They were simple and easy to carry out. These were another story.Love wishes were complicated and Namjoon had no experience with anybody to go off of. He’d never really looked for somebody to date, his work keeping him too busy and being too hectic. That’s why Hoseok was usually assigned these types of cases. It seemed like Hoseok would look at a person and immediately know who or what they needed.

“Look, my hyung’s a good person. He takes care of me while we go to school so our parents don’t have to. He’s a really smart guy and he’s pretty attractive; Agent! Isn't he attractive?” Jungkook turned towards Namjoon. Namjoon died a little inside as he once again, didn't know what to do.

“Uh…I…yeah I think he’s a good…looking…individual” Namjoon stuttered out, his face suddenly getting warmer. Seokjin turned an even deeper shade of red.

“I have a new wish. Please, either kill me or kill Jungkook. Make it quick please.” Seokjin muffled, hands covering his mouth.

“Um, we don’t carry out those types of wishes” Namjoon mumbled out, “Sorry” Seokjin choked back a laugh.

“So cross that one out. What about the other wish then? What will you be able to do for me?” Seokjin asked. Namjoon straightened himself, resetting his mindset to his original plan.

“Well with these, we usually spend some time with you during your normal routines, daily activities and whatnot. I then build a profile of you and then I try to find candidates matching the criteria.”

“Agent, I wished for a boyfriend, it doesn't need to be that specific”

“Hey I take pride in what I do!” Namjoon defended, “If my client wants a boyfriend, then I’m going to give him the best boyfriend I can find” Seokjin’s heart jumped for some unknown reason, Namjoon’s enthusiasm surprising him. Seokjin wondered for a second, wondering if this was even something he should really invest his time effort into; single life couldn't be that bad right? Seeing the determination in Namjoon though changed his mind.

“Alright then, let’s go out for the day”

After getting ready, the trio left to the restaurant across the street. Seokjin would rather go through the day with something nice and warm in his belly. The trio got a table in a corner of the restaurant, the morning crowd beginning to come in. After ordering their food, Seokjin turned to Namjoon.

“So what do you need to know about me?”

“Well for starters, what are some of your interests?” Namjoon turned, looking at Seokjin in the eyes. Seokjin knew his interests, every single one of them, he swears. But for some reason, Namjoon looking at him intently caused his mind to blank on every single one of them. Jungkook cut in again, listing everything Namjoon could possibly need to know, and even some that he didn't.

“I don’t think guys need to know I have pink underwear Jungkook”

“Of course they do, laundry habits. What if they have white underwear? I’m a teenager but I’m not an animal”

“I thought those two went hand in hand?” Namjoon commented as he took another sip of his drink. Seokjin covered the giggling he broke into. Jungkook pouted, looking down at the table. By some twisted sort of fate, both Namjoon and Seokjin reached over to ruffle Jungkook’s hair. The two stopped inches from his head, hands retreating immediately. Seokjin mimicked Jungkook, glancing sown at the table, a loose splinter catching his attention. The table was quiet for a few moments before their food came. The awkward silence was replaced by a more comfortable one, the smells of food relaxing the table a bit. After breakfast, the trio made their way around the surrounding shops, stepping into ones that caught Seokjin’s attention, Namjoon taking mental notes along the way. Sometime around noon, the trio ran into Jungkook’s friend Jimin. Jungkook decided to take off with Jimin, something about watching a movie, making the trio down to two. Grabbing something quick to eat, the two made their way down to the local park that was next to a library, making small talk as they walked.

“I like this park. It’s quiet enough to where I can escape most days, but busy enough to keep it in use” Seokjin looked around, the various couples walking hand in hand with each other. It caused a pang in his chest.

“So you like to be outdoors a lot then?” Namjoon asked, a small breeze causing his hair to dishevel a bit, Seokjin smiling at the sight.

“It gets stressful sometimes, taking care of Jungkook while we’re both going to school” Seokjin started, Namjoon staring at him intently. “I had him come with me so my parent wouldn't have to take care of them. So when things get crazy, it’s nice to get out and get some air every once in a while”

“That’s pretty, I don’t know, noble of you” Namjoon commented, “I know I barely take care of myself, wouldn't know what would happen if I had to take care of my younger sister” Namjoon pulled out his phone, the screen lighting up, showing Seokjin the screensaver of his younger sister. Seokjin pulled out his phone, showing Namjoon the picture of his dog, Jjang-gu.

“Wow, Jungkook looks so different” Seokjin laughed, the sound bringing a soft smile to Namjoon’s face. “Hey that looks like my dog!” The next few moments were filled with the two talking about their dogs, Seokjin realizing this was the first person who didn't think he was an absolute bore when talking about something so simple. The day continued on, filled with conversation as both Namjoon and Seokjin slowly found out more things they had in common with each other. As the sun slowly made its decent behind the city’s skylines, the two decided to head back. Namjoon walked Seokjin to his apartment, last minute questions being asked before he left for the day.

“Are you going back to the agency?” Seokjin asked, unlocking the door to the apartment, the sounds of the TV in the background filtering in the air.

“No, I’m going to go back to my hotel, see if I can find anyone that fits the criteria I’ve collected in our databases. We can find more out tomorrow as well if you’d like?” Namjoon didn't know where the sudden wave of nerves came from, and he wasn't too excited about them either.

“I’d like that. That sounds good to me, if you’re sure you’d like to spend another boring day with me” Seokjin sighed, stepping into the apartment. Namjoon quickly shook his head.

“It wasn't boring! You’re not boring either. Whoever thinks that was stupid…and dumb”

“Wow, thank you for defending my honor Agent.”

“Call me Namjoon, Seokjin” Namjoon blurted, small smiles crossing both their faces.

“Alright Namjoon.” Seokjin liked the sound of his name, Namjoon liked the way it sounded coming from Seokjin’s li-Oh no. “Have a good night”

“Ha-have a good night Seokjin” Namjoon stuttered out before quickly turning and making his way towards the elevator. Namjoon couldn't slow down his heart rate, no matter how hard he tried.

Oh no, Oh no, Oh no.

The further he got from Seokjin’s apartment, the better he felt he could breathe.

Y ou’re ing up Namjoon keep it together.

This is your case, this is your client.

But I don’t want him to be my client. Namjoon took deep breaths, the cold air opening his lungs a bit, hoping it’d help him clear his head a little. Finding his hotel for the night, Namjoon made his way into his room, tossing his things on the bed. Maybe a bit of sleep would help him clear his mind. The rest of the weekend passed quickly. Too quickly if you asked either Namjoon or Seokjin. Namjoon would constantly catch himself paying attention to the little quirks Seokjin had. The way he would cover his mouth when he laughed; the way he would list ingredients needed for a specific street food; the way every single thing that was pink was suddenly superior to everything around it that wasn't.

Namjoon noticed it all.

Namjoon was taking seconds longer to turn away from Seokjin. He took in Seokjin, his lips and how they looked like they were too good to be true, his eyes and how they were always filled with a curiosity. He couldn't do it. Knowing that he was being sidetracked by Kim Seokjin, he knew he had to stop while he was ahead.

“I can’t do it”

"And why the hell is that Agent?" Yoongi demanded. Namjoon flinched, knowing Yoongi wouldn’t take "because" as a satisfactory answer.

“I…I might have been compromised with my client”

"ing hell Namjoon this isn't the damn FBI what the hell do you mean you've been compromised?"

"I mean I might not be able to complete the wish because I have a liking towards my client." Silence met Namjoon, soft breathing on the other line as he waited for Yoongi’s response.

"Really Namjoon? You’re really gonna make me give this case to somebody else cause you have the hots for the guy? Why don’t you just ask him out or something? You might as well as you probably know everything about him by now"

"I’m supposed to be helping the guy, not helping my self." Namjoon put his head in his free hand, a heavy sigh escaping. So early in the morning and he already had a headache.

"Oh my god you’re ridiculous. Fine. Report back here and I’ll send Hoseok out. Flew in last night so you owe him."

"Thanks Yoongi" Namjoon packed up his room, ignoring the slight pang in his chest every time he put something in his bag. He grabbed his phone, calling the only client number he bothered naming.

"Hello?"

"Seokjin, its Namjoon"

"Namjoon! Hi. Hello. Hi. What’s up?" Namjoon choked back a laugh at the sound of something being dropped in the background on Seokjin’s end.

"Nothing. Everything’s fine." He took a deep breath. He had to do this. “Just, Seokjin something came up and I have to go. Another agent will be there later today to help your wish, he’s much better at these types of wishes than I am” Once again he was met by silence, the pang in his chest grew bigger.

"Oh" Seokjin replied, not knowing what else he could say.

“I’m sorry Seokjin. But Agent Hoseok will find somebody for you. I promise.” Seokjin laughed softly.

"You promise?"

"I pinky promise" Namjoon chuckled.

"I’ll hold you to that agent"


 

 

Namjoon had spent the past few hours at the agency, eyes on the computer screen in front of him as he typed up his first failed report in what seemed forever. He kept looking at the keyboard, willing his fingers to type up the report so he could go home for the day. They wouldn't. His mind couldn't get off the topic that was Kim Seokjin. Thoughts of how he would have spent the days he had with Seokjin differently played out in his mind. The two of them doing the simplest things together seemed like a dream for Namjoon. Waking up together, eating together, and sleeping together. These were so simple yet Namjoon couldn't shake his mind of what could have been.

"You look pitiful. Stop" Yoongi’s voice appeared behind him. Namjoon couldn't even force himself to turn around and face him, dropping his head on the desk in front of him instead.

"Put me out of my misery"

"No. Not when you’re just acting like a teenager. Christ, you weren't even dating him Namjoon and you’re acting like you two broke up. You knew him for like 2 days"

"Still."

"Still? You’re making so much sense Namjoon" Yoongi said.

"Still. The fact that I became completely infatuated by him in only two days, should mean something right? I don’t know I've never felt like this about somebody."

"Either it means something, or you’re just being over dramatic."

"You’re not as good as Hoseok talking about things"

"That’s just cause Hoseok is a human Cupid and you’re just upset that I don’t sugarcoat things." Yoongi’s phone went off the second he finished. "Oh look, Hoseok" Namjoon’s stomach dropped. He was probably calling to report another successful wish granted. Kim Seokjin had found somebody. Namjoon looked at the way Yoongi's face went into a frown. "What the hell do you mean he’s missing?"

Namjoon’s head snapped up, turning towards Yoongi. He could faintly hear Hoseok’s frantic voice on the end of the phone. Namjoon got up from his spot and grabbed the phone out of Yoongi’s hand, ignoring his sound of protest.

"Hoseok, what the hell is going on?"

"Namjoon. I swear I went to get something at the restaurant across the street, by the time I got back he was gone. His brother doesn't know either-" Namjoon handed the phone back to Yoongi, grabbing his things and made his way towards the door.

"What are you doing? Where are you going?"

"I think I know where he’s at"

"Of course you do. Now go and make your success rate near perfect again."

Namjoon rushed out the building and made his way across the city, heading towards Seokjin’s apartment. He skidded to a stop in front of the building, Hoseok and Jungkook standing in front of it.

“Namjoon, what the-

“What the hell happened? How did you lose him? He’s a grown human being Hoseok”

“Listen, if I knew how the hell he disappeared, I wouldn't have called Yoongi. What the hell are you doing here anyway?” Namjoon ignored Hoseok, his mind racing, wondering where Seokjin could have gone.

“He didn't tell you anything?” he heard Jungkook ask, bringing Namjoon out of his thoughts.

“Why would he tell me?” Namjoon asked. Jungkook gave him a incredulous look.

“You said he’s smart? Are we talking about the same person?” Jungkook commented, looking at Hoseok. Hoseok turned to Namjoon, giving him a once over.

“I've known him forever. It still doesn't surprise me when he proves me wrong about these types of things.” Namjoon ignored them, looking at the street around him, wondering where the hell Seokjin could have gone. Finally his mind cleared and he took off, heading towards the only place where he knew Seokjin would be.

“Holy hell people stop running away from me! Why do people keep running away from me!?” he could hear Hoseok yell.

Namjoon kept running, remembering the turns they had taken a few days ago. His heart beat faster and faster as he neared the park. Coming to a stop at the park’s entrance, Namjoon surveyed the area. The park was crowded enough that he had to take a few minutes before he found who he was looking for. Seokjin was by himself, sitting at a bench that overlooked the small lake at the center of the park. Making his way over, Namjoon came up behind the bench before taking a seat next to Seokjin. Turning, he took in Seokjin, his face blank, eyes flickering over Namjoon.

“You made people worried you know?” Namjoon said quietly, looking over the lake.

“I text Jungkook where I was at. Did he not tell you?” Namjoon shook his head, Seokjin nodding slowly,“I think he knew I wanted to be alone for a bit”

“Why? What happened to finding you a boyfriend?” Namjoon asked.

“I gave up on that nonsense” Seokjin sighed. “I don’t really feel like-

“Bull” Namjoon turned around, Hoseok gasping behind him, Jungkook behind him. “You two are idiots you know that right?” Namjoon turned back to Seokjin, his heart pounding. “You both screwed up something simple, made it harder on yourselves, and you" Hoseok pointed a finger to Namjoon, chest heaving, "still managed to complete Seokjin’s wish.” Seokjin made a soft noise, covering his face Namjoon turning towards him. Namjoon looked at the hands covering the face that had been haunting him for the past few days. He reached up and grabbed one of the hands. He turned it over in his hand, running his fingers over the veins.

“Stop me if you don’t want this”

“Are you sure he’s smart?” Jungkook teased again, looking at Hoseok.

“You might just prove me wrong kid” Hoseok commented as Namjoon leaned across the bench and kissed Seokjin. Seokjin’s lips proved to be true, being soft and smooth. He reached up and gripped Seokjin’s neck. The two pulled away and stared at each other, small smiles covering their faces.

“You kept your promise Namjoon”

“I told you I would. I pinky promised. You don’t break a pinky promise.”