Zoom

Zoom

The room is crowded and frantic. Yunho is looking at the set behind his camera lens. He hears the clattering sound but he focus on setting his camera. Today is a busy day like usual in his studio. He is booked to do the shot for a renowned fashion magazine, Vogue, for their March issue. His staffs have been adjusting the set according to the theme, Spring, although they shoot on cold January. He just hopes that the models don’t get cold during the shot because when he checked on the wardrobe earlier he saw some thin clothes and shorts.

Speaking of the models, he is informed that there will be six models, 3 males and 3 females. They have arrived two hours ago and almost done with the make up. He hasn’t met the models personally, he just reads the name list and the agenda. Most of them are famous models. He thinks he doesn’t need to meet them because they will meet eventually during the shots. He will talk to them after they’re done with the make up.

There’s commotion behind him, he sees the models are entering the studio. They’re done with the make up and ready for the first session of the photoshoot. They all look gorgeous and wear nice outfits, Yunho is sure that this spread will be one of his best photoshoots. He is called best rookie photographer for a reason. His photography skill is worth to be considered. He counts on his head, there are five models appear and greet him with smile. He tries to make conversation with them, when he glanced at the door, he is stunned. The view in front of him is totally stunning.

A male model walks to his direction where the other models are gathered. Yunho blatantly checks him out from head to toe and he realizes he lost words. The model smiles politely to him and his colleagues.

“I’m sorry for being little bit late, I need to adjust the clothes” His voice is smooth as honey Yunho can feel the sweetness in his tone.

“It’s okay, we just barely start” He composes himself and gives back his megawatt smile. Not only famous because of his photography skill, the smile of Jung Yunho is to die for. It’s the praise he hears often.

Shim Changmin, it’s the name of the stunning model. Long legs and lean body. Don’t start about his face. Yunho is sure, he won’t be bored to capture Changmin’s face in every angle. y lips, cute nose and beautiful doe eyes, he’s the most beautiful creature Yunho has ever seen. Everything in the studio is blurred because of him, all Yunho sees is him.

Every model has three sessions on the spread and in each session they wear different clothes. The female models wear cute frilly spring dress and the male models wear the chic casual outfit. It’s the last session and Changmin’s turn is the last. He easily lost his focus when he took his pictures. But Yunho is professional, he manages to keep his professionalism during the photoshoot. In the end, he takes Changmin’s pictures more than he has to.

“I like this pictures” Changmin points one of his pictures Yunho just took. The picture is simple. He’s sitting next to window and looking outside while smiling. The lighting gave the impression of the sunlight illuminating his soft skin. Yunho agrees that it’s his best shot today and secretly tells himself to put it in a frame and hang it on his studio.

“Why do you like it?” Yunho asks him back. Changmin tilts his head cutely and Yunho is this close to kiss him.

“It’s just…. serene? Very calm. It makes me happy just looking at this picture” Yunho just stares at him, he doesn’t realize that he stares too long until Changmin gives awkward laugh.

“Umm.. I’m sorry for blabbering” He scratches the back of his neck and Yunho feels his heart fluttering.

He contemplates in a second and bravely says “Can I have your number? If I need a model in the future, I’d like to ask you to model” Very smooth Yunho, and stupid. They just met today and he is unashamed to ask his number. He scolds himself.

Changmin is a bit surprised but smiling sheepishly. There is a vague blush on his high cheekbones, Yunho is not sure it’s because of him or not.

“Sure, I’ll give you my number”

“And do you want to have coffee with me some time?” Before Yunho can’t stop his tongue, the words just slipped out. It’s not possible to take them back and suddenly he feels ashamed. He just hints to Changmin that he’s interested in him without asking him whether he swings that way or not. But damage has been done, he just needs to prepare if Changmin rejects him. Changmin is looking at him with his mouth open. He’s not ready for being asked that. Then in a swift moment, he is back to his composed self. Without breaking the eye contact, his gives Yunho his mismatched smile which can make Yunho lose his sanity and says “I’d love to”.

 

Yunho is in dilemma. Despite his successful photoshoot for Vogue, which acquired him three more projects from Vogue and two projects from Marie Claire, and of course he will receive big sum of money, he feels like he’s in his downward spiral. Well, maybe that’s too excessive. In the end he is on the timeless contemplating state.

His dilemma because of Shim Changmin. The model he met 3 months ago. After the photoshoot, his gut to call him went to the gutter. At that time he really wanted to call and asked him to have coffee with him but in the end he’s stuck because of the rule he sets for himself. Never date your client or model, it causes conflict of interest and he’s conflicting because he’s totally interested to Changmin. He makes this rule because he doesn’t want to mix between pleasure and business and in the end he has to sacrifice his career. He loves photography and dreams to be one of the best photographers in Korea. The path to reach the dream is laying in front of him and he doesn’t want to ruin it.

There’s a loud laughter coming from the hallway, it’s coming from his staffs, Suho and Jonghyun. They walk to  Yunho’s desk where he just stares at Changmin’s picture as his laptop wallpaper and without being asked just sit on the chair in front of him. Even though they are his staffs, Yunho always treats them as good friends. And now Yunho slowly regrets it because they will and won’t leave him alone until they are satisfied.

“Why do you look so down hyung?” asks Suho. Yunho sighs and smiles “No, I’m fine. Just thinking”

“What are you thinking? Are you thinking about the person on your wallpaper?” Jonghyun is teasing him. He knows that his boss has a crush on the model because he has observed that Yunho’s behavior is slightly changed after the photoshoot. He notices his boss’ new hobby, which is staring his laptop wallpaper.

They laughed when they see Yunho is alarmed. His face color is gradually turned to red. He’s embarrassed but he doesn’t deny it.

“Why don’t you ask him out? You exchanged phone number didn’t you?”

“I can’t.. I don’t know” The words are trailed off in Yunho’s throat. He can’t because of the damn rule.

“Don’t think about the rule you set for yourself hyung. You’ve been working very hard since the beginning. Now you’ve gained popularity and positive reviews. It doesn’t do any harm to your career if you date him anyway. As long as you don’t mix your job and your love life, it’s gonna be okay. Liking someone is not a bad thing. If he doesn’t feel the same, you still can find someone else”

As his longest staff who helps him starting his career, Jonghyun knows him very well, including the rule. And as long as he remember, he hasn’t been in a relationship since three years ago. He can try though, and if he fails the world doesn’t stop spinning. It’s worth to try.

He unlocks his phone and searchs Changmin’s number. He thinks whether he should call or just send text. He chooses the second option. It’s safer and if Changmin rejects him, it doesn’t hurt too much.

To   : Shim Changmin

From : Jung Yunho

 Message sent at 12.40 PM

 

Yunho is standing in front of the parks in Myeongdong area, the place they set to meet. Yes, Yunho will meet Changmin in 10 minutes. He was surprised when Changmin said yes to his invitation and the whole weekdays he couldn’t wait for weekend to come sooner. Jonghyun and Suho just smirked when they knew that Yunho will have a date with Changmin and brought up the topic over and over again.

Then his eyes catch the familiar figure, Changmin is walking to his direction. The way he walks is elegant, Yunho thinks it’s from his model training. He wears a baby blue shirt beneath a dark blue coat and black skinny jeans. It makes his legs look longer. The wind blows his hair, it looks so smooth Yunho wants to run his fingers on it. And the smiles he draws on his beautiful face when he sees Yunho, he never gets enough of it. Yunho can’t help to capture the moment with his camera. Changmin is a bit startled but he keeps walking and laughs. Through the lens, he can see the same moment when he saw him at the first time. Everything is blurred and Changmin’s beauty is the only visible thing he sees.

“Are you carrying your camera everywhere you go?” Changmin asks when he is in front of Yunho.

“I feel like I want to carry it today” Changmin laughs at his answer. It sounds stupid but Changmin seems doesn’t mind about it.

“Should we go to have coffee then?” Yunho offers and Changmin agrees. They walk to the café nearby and sit there for hours.

Yunho learns that Changmin is 24 years old, two years younger than him and a master student in accounting. A gorgeous nerd, he thinks. He becomes model to help him to pay his study. Mostly he works as freelance accountant in some big accounting firms in Seoul. He wants to be a professor and teaches in university. He has two younger sisters and a dog. He likes singing and eating. He said, food is his first love. Yunho is amazed for this revelation that Changmin is pretty easy going and good listener. He doesn’t realize that he falls deeper.

Occasionally Yunho takes pictures of Changmin with his consent. Changmin finds it amusing because Yunho keeps taking his pictures even though he doesn’t wear make up and fancy clothes.

“Why you can’t stop taking my pictures?” Changmin asks him.

“Because my camera likes capturing your beauty”

“You know Yunho, your pick up line is lame”

Yunho doesn’t care. When he checks his camera, he has 100 pictures of Changmin.

 

The air is getting cold on December and Yunho curses under his breath why he doesn’t wear proper clothes for this event. The event is indeed held indoor but he still can feel the cold air blows. The hall is packed by hundreds of people swarming the area. Yunho is attending the fashion show of the latest summer collection from Michael Kors. He can’t help but think why the summer collection has to be launched on winter season. Yunho has worked with many fashion magazines but sometimes fashion is beyond his understanding.

He is invited by, thanks to Vogue, his regular client to attend the show. The runway show just wrapped up 30 minutes ago and now it’s time for the after party. He saw Changmin was walking on the runway. He was just stunned on his seat when he saw him. Changmin looked so gorgeous, well Changmin is always gorgeous, but seeing him walking on the runway he feels nothing but proud. He gave the loudest clap and could feel if Changmin rolled his eyes when he noticed him among the guests.

Now he is standing near the buffet table looking for Changmin. He has been waiting for 30 minutes. Changmin said that he will finish changing his clothes soon. He is looking around then his eyes are fixed to one spot. In the crowded room, he sees Changmin is standing across the room and everything is just disappeared. Yunho can’t deny that Changmin is the most beautiful among the people in the room.

Striding his long legs, Yunho can’t stop smiling when he comes to Changmin. When they stand eyes by eyes, Changmin grabs his hand and pulls him to the balcony. The air outside is colder but the balcony is relatively empty. It’s just two of them.

“Do you like the show?” He asks Yunho. He stands closer to Yunho and puts his arms around Yunho’s neck. Yunho’s arms immediately circle Changmin’s tiny waist possessively.

“I don’t know about the show, I only care about you. Some of the clothes are weird, I wonder if people will buy those clothes” He kisses the tip of Changmin’s nose.

Changmin laughs, and Yunho always loves his laugh because he can see Changmin’s mismatched eyes he adores so much.  

“How come you still don’t understand about fashion when your clients are mostly fashion magazines and your boyfriend is a model?”

“I don’t know,” Yunho shrugs “I don’t care about that”

“How did I look on the runway?”

“Outstanding and gorgeous” Yunho closes their distance and kisses Changmin sweetly. Yunho is glad that he broke the rule