Part II

Get It Right

The air is so thick in the room. Kibum couldn’t breathe or maybe he just thought that can’t breathe? Because if he can’t really breathe he should’ve passed out by now right?  But why does he feel like someone’s suffocating him and the only thing he could hear is his beating heart .He needs to get out of the room. Kibum thought to himself. He needs to run away, to run away from that place to run away from him. After all, he realizes that he still doesn’t have the guts to face him yet. What would he say to him? How can he talk to him without being awkward or worse without crying and spew out all his apologies that he’s been holding back for so long? The guilt that in his heart is eating him alive now, What would he do? Should he run away again and never look back just like what he did four years ago? No. He told himself that he would stop being a coward and face all his fears and try everything to correct all his mistakes.

 

He wouldn’t let go of this opportunity to work with him because it means that he can be with him always and maybe just maybe he can take him back. It sounds so impossible even to his own ears but Kibum will do everything for that.

 

Everyone in the room looks at each other awkwardly. Every single person can also feel the tension between the two people looking at each other in the middle of the room. Minho, Jonghyun’s friend decided to cut the tension that’s hanging heavily around them “Uhm… So let’s start?”

 

Tiffany sighed in relief and gave him a small smile, thanking him with her eyes. She taps Kibum’s shoulder to snap him out of his thoughts and Kibum flinches at the contact and looks at her with glassy eyes. The girl nods and smiled at her, she grabs his arms and pulls him to the couch. Kibum walks with shaky legs and sits on the black couch distractedly. Taemin sitting on the other chair facing Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun has a frown on his face, looking blankly at the coffee table in front of him, his hand playing with the fabric of his pants. Jinki his other friend standing beside him nudges his shoulder and when he looks up at older man he smiled at Jonghyun encouragingly.

 

Jonghyun promised himself that he would be professional and act mature as soon as Kibum walks in the room but after seeing him after four years it’s like everything came back to him and he couldn’t get his emotions in check. Memories left a bitter taste in his mouth. But Kim  Jonghyun can do it. He can do this; this is for the restaurant he’s been dreaming of ever since he was a kid. He will do this for his dreams. He will deal with his feelings later.

 

“So Kim Kibum-ssi, mind to show me the presentation you did for the design of my restaurant?” Jonghyun addressed the distracted boy sitting on the couch with the most professional tone he could muster.

 

Jonghyun has the chance now to inspect the younger boy up close. Kibum is still the flawless beautiful man that he could remember, His feline eyes are still stunning as ever, his nose is still the cutest button nose that he had ever seen, and the eyebrow scar and the one under his left eye that he used to always kiss are the still there and his lips.. his favorite soft beautiful pink lips are still pretty as ever. Kibum is still the most beautiful man that he had ever seen in his life.

 

He can see Kibum tensed when he realized that he is talking to him and he’s waiting for his answer. Jonghyun tried so hard to suppress a chuckle. “Kibum-ssi?” He called him again. This time, Tiffany nudges his side and looks sternly at Kibum and it seems like it works to snap the younger boy back to reality.

 

“Of course! Well..” Kibum takes out the papers on his messenger bag with shaky hands. Jonghyun looks at him amused. Kibum still never change, he would always get clumsy whenever he’s nervous.

 

Taemin turns on the laptop to show them the powerpoint presentation they prepared and Tiffany takes out the folders and papers that has the design for Jonghyun’s new restaurant.

 

After a few minutes of getting ready for the presentation, the trio finally settles down and is now ready to present their ideas to their clients. Jonghyun, Minho and Jinki looks at them expectantly and it’s the cue for Kibum to start discussing about their presentation. Kibum prays that he wouldn’t mess this up and hopes that Jonghyun and his business partners would like their design and will get them as the architectures for the restaurant they are planning to build.

 

Kibum opens his mouth to speak, he starts to meticulously discuss their presentation and each minute he grows more confident as he pours his heart out to explain all the details to the men in front of him. Taemin and Tiffany also support Kibum’s words occasionally, explaining the ideas more clearly.

 

After the presentation Kibum feels like the weight on his shoulders has been lifted, he smiled at the three guys in front of him, waiting for them to speak and voice out their opinion. Tiffany and Taemin are also looking at them expectantly.

 

“Wow.. that is clever Kibum-ssi! I love the ideas so far…” Jinki mused. He smiles warmly at Kibum and congratulates him.

 

“I agree, that was really beautiful! Kibum-ssi, everything is on point. You did really well!” Minho adds eagerly.

 

Kibum’s heart swell, he got this. If Minho and Jinki likes his ideas and design Jonghyun would like it as well. His heart flutters excitedly as he looks at Jonghyun expectantly. Jonghyun looks at him, his index finger leaning on his temple and his thumb on his chin. There’s a faint smirk on his plump pink lips.

 

Kibum studies the older man’s face; Jonghyun is still handsome as ever, his face didn’t age at all. His brown puppy eyes are still captivating like he remembers and Kibum admits that he will never get tired of looking at them. Oh how he missed looking at those brown orbs. His brown hair still looks so y framing his beautiful face and if only Kibum is allowed to run his fingers through it he would, and also his uneven nostrils are flaring up a little as he breathes and Kibum wants to giggle at the sight. Adorable. He thinks. And his lips.. the soft plump lips that he used to kiss… does it still feels the same? Can he kiss them again?

 

Stupid Kibum. Wake up! Jonghyun is not yours anymore he is not your boyfriend anymore it’s not appropriate to think of your client like that! Kibum mentally scolds himself.

 

“I like it.. actually I like it a lot… you did a very great job Kibum-ssi, but I think you missed a very important thing..” Jonghyun said carefully. Smile gracing on his lips.

 

Kibum frowns a little. Confused. He looks at Tiffany and Taemin as if asking them what was Jonghyun’s talking about when the two shrugs their shoulders off he looks at Jonghyun again and asks him. “Uh I’m sorry but may I know what is it?”

 

“The part for the pastries in the kitchen for my girlfriend.. She’ll bake cakes for the restaurant and she needs her own space for that” Jonghyun answered him.

 

“Oh! right..” Kibum felt like someone has poured a bucket of ice on his body and he wants to collapse and cry right then and there.. Did he hear that right? Jonghyun? Asking him something about pastries and girlfriend.. he couldn’t comprehend his words.. No Kibum is just playing dumb right now. He actually heard him very clearly but he just refused to accept it. When Jinki called six months ago he couldn’t remember if the older man said something about it well maybe he did but he just couldn’t remember and totally missed it because he was too shock to function properly when Jinki said that he and his business partners naming Kim Jonghyun and Choi Minho to work with him for their restaurant’s design.

 

Jonghyun has a girlfriend now. Kibum realized. No, this couldn’t be. He has this plan of correcting all his mistakes and take Jonghyun back in his life. He worked so hard for this project just to be with Jonghyun. He waited for so long for this opportunity and everything comes crushing down just because of a girl? Kibum will never accept that.

 

Kibum will take everything back and if getting rid of Jonghyun’s girlfriend is the only way, he would do everything for that.

 

 

..................

i am not satisfid with this chapter tbh :( but i feel like i ned to update this already. If i have mistakes i'm sorry. i'll try to check it again.. lt me know what you think about this chapter^^