Growing Pains

Growing Pains

After a long day of tiring work in the office, Kyuhyun heaved a sigh as he approached his bed to finally relax and reward himself by getting his well deserved rest. Being a music lover that he is, it has been his habit to listen to the music in the radio before going to sleep. He switched the radio channel, in search for a good ballad song that would calm his senses. 

He was going through the radio channels,when he suddenly stopped with a particular station as he heard a song which sounded very familiar to his ears, and to his heart.

This cold night street

These heartbreaking footsteps

Some day, it’ll all pass

Memories of us crazily in love

It will slowly flow down

Forgotten with time(Forgotten)

And then it finally came down to him that the reason behind his familiarity with that song, was because he was the one who actually wrote its lyrics.

A few months ago, Kyuhyun decided to push his luck and submitted his self composed song to SM Entertainment. He added a personal note that if ever the music company would use his song, he wanted the song to be sung by D&E, the duo that his lover is forever fanboying for.

Sungmin is a very big and loyal fan of the duo of Donghae and Eunhyuk, or otherwise known as D&E. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, loves listening to Sung Si Kyung's songs. Eventhough they have obviously contrasting likes and interests, their mutual and deep feelings for each other made them inseparably together.

But as the old saying goes "All good things come to an end". One day, Kyuhyun found himself broken, after Sungmin ended their relationship. Apparently, Sungmin's father had already arranged his marriage with a very rich girl, in order to save the Lee's ill-fated family business. Since his lover has always been a good and obedient son, he wasn't really shocked that Sungmin agreed, even if it was already against his will. 

One year had passed, seasons have already changed, but Kyuhyun's love for Sungmin still remains. No matter how hard he tried to forget his feelings, to find another love, and finally be happy, he just can't. Their bittersweet memories would always play endlessly in his mind, earning sorrowful tears from his eyes and throbbing pain from his heart.

And to be able to finally release all his unspoken feelings, he decided to write it down into a song. He thought maybe by doing so, he could already forget his broken love story and start a new life. A life without all the pain that he has been carrying ever since their break up. 

But I hope you aren’t hurting as much as me

I hope for this every day, countlessly

I hope you won’t remember as much as I do

I hope you’re better than me

Call him a masochist or a martyr, but all he was hoping for was Sungmin's happiness. He hopes that he's the only one suffering from this painful heartbreak, and meanwhile somewhere out there is a Lee Sungmin, who is living a happy and contented life.

One Two Three Four Five (I put it all down today)

guess I’m forgetting (I can’t really see you)

Five Four Three Two One, I think time is up

He was thinking that maybe it was already time to gave up his love for Sungmin. To stop hoping for him to come back. And for him to finally let go and move on.

It was already enough for Kyuhyun that his song was chosen and sung by D&E. But he's still hoping that Sungmin would hear the song, and would somehow remember him.

The song finally came to an end, and so was his relationship with Sungmin. He chuckled at his own thought, and was about to turn off the radio, when a familiar voice filled his ears.

"And that's the latest song of D&E entitled, Growing Pains, requested by our listener, Lee Sungmin. Sungminssi, are you finally happy that your requested song was played on air?"

"Yes, I'm really grateful that you played the song, Ryeowookssi. Actually, I've been already a fan of D&E ever since their debut, and their song reminded me of my lover in the past, so I requested it. I know this might sound silly but I'm hoping that he's listening right now. Can I say something to him?"

"Oh sure, feel free Sungminssi"

"Uhmm... Kyuhyunah, I still love you. I never stopped loving you. I always regret the day that I left you, even if I didn't wanted to. I was too weak to fight for you, for us, back then. But now, I'm here, and I promise to find you and come back to you. Kyuhyunah, please wait for me. And please be mine again."

Kyuhyun can't help but cry after hearing those words from Sungmin. From his Sungmin. But this time, his tears weren't because of his growing pains from his broken heart. Those tears were now from the growing happiness in his mending and joyful heart. 

Maybe it still wasn't the end for Kyuhyun and Sungmin. Maybe their separation was bound to happen, not to break them apart , but to strengthen them together. So as they continue their relationship, they would both be stronger enough to fight together, and for one another.