You're Mine

You're Mine (Another sad love story)

5th March 2015

You were at home, sitting on the couch while checking out your Facebook when you suddenly seeing some of your Chinese friends posted on your news feed, Happy Chap Goh Mei.

Your face drops, your heart suddenly feel so hard and cold.

‘So, this day finally come, huh?’ You asked yourself.

 

~Flashback ~

 

14th February 2014

 

“Babe, do you know what day is today?” Kris asking you.

“Nope.” You spontaneously answer as you were enjoying your vanilla ice cream while walking holding hands with your boyfriend, Kris.

‘Alright, I give you another chance. Just give me an answer.”

“Your real birthday?” you ask.

“Noooo. Did you forgot when is my birthday? Tsk tsk tsk…”

“But I really have no idea, other than its Friday and Valentines day.” You immediately making a pouty face.

“It’s also the 15th day of Lunar New Year. In Chinese they were called Chap Goh Mei. And also according to Chinese tradition, it’s the Valentine’s Day for the Chinese.” Kris excitedly makes his explanation.

“Really? You’re not trying to make up story right? I mean I know about this Chap Goh Mei thing but I never heard of the Valentine’s Day part.”

“It’s true. Can you imagine how great it is? Chap Goh Mei and Valentine’s Day fall on the same day! It only occur every 19 years. I cant believe it’s happening today.” Kris being as excited as ever.

You just give him a look, it’s not that you don’t trust him. It’s just that it is very fun to see his reaction everytime he tries to prove something. He is just so adorkable (a dork + adorable).

 “Do you think that this handsome face will ever lie to you?” Kris ask as he shove his face right in front of you.

Your eyes popped bigger by his closeness, and you can feel your face heated up. He might be thinking that you’re blushing because you are shy, but you were thinking of something else. Gosh, how you wish you could just kiss those lips of his right there and then, if only you were not in a public space, you wouldn’t think twice. How could he be so incredibly good looking, you wonder. And to be his girlfriend, it was far from your imagination.

“You might, your face says it all.” You jokingly answers him.

“You might get your punishment tonight.” He said as he took your hands and continue your walk.

You can sense from the tail of your eyes, he is glancing at you. Hoping to get your respond, but being as playful as you are, you just ignore him to get his reaction. When you guys were around each other, anything could happen. At one times you guys could be lovey-dovey and all, at other times you guys were like best friends, always so fun and playful, playing and flirting with each other. Though the time spent were limited due to both of your work schedule, but the beautiful memories you both made were priceless.

But his expression had already turn sour, you better stop your act right now or Kris will be very mad.

“Babe, what about Chap Goh Mei? Any stories behind the valentines day?” You finally asked.

“Huh, finally you ask. I thought you have zero interest in this.” His answer was cold, no more excitement in his voice.

“Since the day has come, why not took the chance and spend it wisely?” You say as you flashes you sweetest smile that would 200% melts his heart.

“Stop smiling like that. You make my heart goes weak.” Kris whispers in your ear.

“I know.” You go further and wink, making him all crazy inside.

“You really going to get your punishment tonight.” Kris whisper again, making you blush.

“Byuntae.” You said softly as you hit his arm.

He just laugh along at your cute expression.

“Anyway, regarding Chap goh Mei. According to old Chinese tradition, the maiden will go to the river and throw the orange. And that’s how they will find their soul mate.” Kris explain.

“And what does it got to do with the orange?” you asked. It seems like the story is incomplete.

“Well, when the orange flow somewhere, and the men will pick the orange from the river, by fate, they will be reunite with the maiden that throw the oranges.”

You nodded.

“Do you want to try? Let’s go buy some oranges.”

 You were stunned. Even though you don’t believe in superstition and legends, you do have fear that some weird guy is going to pick up your orange and you might end up with guy. But not only that, you felt a bit hurt when Kris is the one encourage you, you feel as if he is trying to send you away. Did he not love you anymore after being in love for 2 years?

 “No thanks.”

“Come on, let’s just do it for fun. I can took your photo and show it to our Chinese friends.” He said.

“No, I’m good.”

 “No, you really should do some traditional thing once in a while. You’re not going to regret this, I promise.” Kris squeezes your hand, assuring you that it’s ok.

You just keep your silence, just obeying his words.

As soon as you buy the oranges, you were expecting him to bring you to Han River. But he brings you to the city center, going to Cheonggyecheon.  

“Are you ready?” he asked as he took his phone and on paparazzi mode.

You just nodded and took the orange from him.

As you squatting down to release the orange into the stream, you silently make a prayer that the legend isn’t true, and that you will be with Kris forever. You can even imagine your future without him. You loved him truly, always him and forever will be him. Even if you were to be reborn again, you would still want to fall in love all over again with him. After that, you look at his camera and smile, assuring that you have a good photo to show to your friends later.

“Babe, just stay still. I will be back.” He said as soon as he finishes capturing your photo.

He then runs away, as fast as he could, though it’s not as fast as he have to be careful with the slippery trail. You were puzzled by his action, did anyone spotted him that he have to run away? You asked yourself. All this while, you both were very cautious when you were going out, because an idol dating is a big issue, and you both didn’t want to get caught.

But when you look at his running direction, you were soon realize that he is running towards the river flow direction. And when he finally stops and bends down for a moment, finally you realized that he is chasing for the orange. When he look up and finally meet your eyes, he smiles like an idiot, as he makes his move walking back to you.

“I caught it.” He said, showing his gummy smile.

“I know.” you just don’t know why, but your tears suddenly falls. You have a mixed feeling, touched, relieved, happiness, and love. You just cant express it.

He wiped your tears immediately and pull you for a hug.

“Don’t worry, you’re mine. Forever and ever.” He said as he patted your back.

“Babo, how could you put me in that kind of situation?” you said as you sobs.

“Sorry, I wont do it again.” He said. Then kissed your lips passionately.

 

                *                                                             *                                                             *

~On your way home~

“Are you worried that an ahjussi would catch it instead?” he jokingly ask.

“No, I am more worried if a 5 years old kid catch it. Then how long do I have to wait to get married? Do I have to be a granny to get married?” you pout.

His eyes popped out. Your respond were totally a knockout.

“You’re sick!” he cant help but to laugh out loud. Your weird way of thinking is the reason why he fell hard for you. It makes him feel connected, because he is such a weird guy to begin with.

“Shut up!” You said as you  laugh along with him.

 

~End of Flashback~

 

You slowly wiped your tears away. It was just a past. Forever will never come. He will never come back, you know. He is a man with pride, and once he make a decision, there will be no u-turn. And you also know another fact. The fact that you still deeply madly in love with him. And you also have no u-turn for that.

‘Kris, I miss you.’ You whisper weakly.