Donghae's Story

Pairings

Donghae was in the practice room watching Hyukjae go through some of their routines. One days where neither of them didn’t have schedules but were too much filled with energy to relax the duo would head over to the SM building to dance. As part of Super Junior they had their own private practice room that was especially dedicated to them for these very occasions. Donghae was taking a break from dancing but his friend was still moving around, trying new moves to the heavy beat coming from their ipods. Donghae always enjoyed watching Hyukjae dance. He was no memorizing and fluid in his dance, and his whole body moved in such a way that drew everyone in.

It was beautiful.

Hyukjae caught him starring in the mirror and smiled at him. He seemed so much happier around Donghae lately, so much free about everything. Donghae knew it had to do with him and the so called pairings that everyone put him in. He didn’t know the other was so jealous of all the people the fans paired him up with until Heechul told him so when he started to record for his movie. How Heechul knew this was beyond Donghae, his hyung seemed to know everything so he didn’t bother asking. But he found it ironic that Hyukjae was so concerned with Donghae's parings when he himself had a lot of them as well.

The most popular pairing was EunTeuk. Donghae would stay up late to avidly listen to their radio show just so he could hear the two talk. He needed to make sure that nothing changed in Hyukjae's voice when he spoke to the leader. Donghae knew the two were very close. As soon as the band was formed Leeteuk took Eunhyuk under his wing and began training him. They did so many variety programs and Djing together that Donghae always worried that they would become closer than friends. But he was always assured by their leader that he only loved them all like brothers, and nothing more to it.

After EunTeuk the next popular paring was HyukMin. This was another one Donghae worried about because he knew Sungmin was the best friend before Donghae in the band and the two were still very close. Donghae would often come by their dorms and the two of them would always be together inside Sungmin's room. And half the time the door would be closed to and Donghae could hear them giggling behind it. It worried him since he knew that he could easily be replaced by Sungmin. But then Kyuhyun came and HyukMin was quickly turned to KyuMin and the pairing quietly died away. Of course there was EunKyu but he didn’t bother worrying about it. It was obvious the evil brat was not at all a rival.

Of course HyukSu was another very popular pairing. A pairing between the 'Pepsi Fans' of the SJDBSK lovers out there. Those two had the truest friendships in all of SM. They grew up together and went after their dreams together and if anyone knew Hyukjae the best it was Kim Junsu. Donghae knew they were just best friends but he also knew Hyukjae would take Junsu side over anything else. Not even SM could tear them apart when the other left the company.

Outside of the men pairings were the female ones. And there were plenty of women that were paired with Hyukjae. Most famously were SNSD's Hyoyeon and IU. He even briefly dated the dancing queen of SNSD and everyone knew of his scandal with the Nation's Little Sister. Dognhae knew it was all a big misunderstanding stemmed by a mistake on the girls part but it sure got the fans chatting. He also was paired with Tiffany after their FAME musical and most recently the fans liked him with BoA. But everyone else could tell that Hyukjae was not the dancing master she liked best. But the fans were fans. But it did remind the man that there were a lot of people the fans liked him with, not just him.

Donghae was so deep in these thoughts that he didn’t realize had stopped dancing. The man had come over and crouched down in front of him and was watching him curiously. He waited for Donghae to notice him but finally waved a hand in front of his face to get his attention.

"Yah! Hae!" He called.

"Hmm?" Donghae looked at him with a lazy smile.

"You've been staring at me with such an intense look for ten minutes straight. What's up?"

"Oh sorry. I was just thinking."

"About?" Hyukjae inquired as he took a seat next to Donghae. He was taking a drink from his water bottle when the other answered.

"You."

"What?" He sputtered as he choked on some water. "Why me?"

"I was thinking about your fan pairings and all the ones you have. You do have a lot of them."

"I do?"

"Yeah. There is EunTeuk, HyukMin, and HyukSu. And A handful more when the girls get involved."

"You have a lot too. Your list is twice as long as mine!"

"What's your favorite?"

"What?"

"Favorite pairing. What one do you like best. Partnering with Leeteuk-hyung? Junsu? Or is it IU or BoA?"

"None of those." He declared with pink cheeks. "They are all nice people and I like working with them but I don’t get the whole OTP feels that the wants want with them."

"But you must have one you like."

"I do, but you didn’t name it."

"Eh!" Donghae looked at him in surprise. "Who? Who?"

"You don’t want to know." He muttered as he got to his feet. But Donghae was quick and grabbed him by the hand.

"Yes I do! Tell me! Who is your favorite OTP?"

Hyukjae looked rather nervous suddenly. He tried to tug his hand away from Donghae but the other always had a strong grip when he was determined so he stopped. Blushing he dropped his head down towards the ground so he couldn’t see Donghae's reaction.

"My favorite OTP is EunHae." He all but whispered.

The room was silent except for the music still playing. Neither said anything and Hyukjae looked ready to run out of the room. Donghae was surprised of course, and also very happy. He realized more why Hyukjae was so bothered by the pairings he got. And why he was so concerned about the dancing man's pairings himself. Smiling he got to his feet and pulled Hyukjae into his arms. The other was shaking so much Donghae was worried he would burst out crying. With a soft cooing sound he drew him closer.

"Hyukkie." He whispered. "Don’t cry. I am not upset."

"You're not?"

"No. I am very happy actually. My favorite OTP is EunHae too."

"Really?"

Donghae pulled back a little to catch Hyukjae's eyes. When he got the other looking at him he leaned close and kissed him on the lips. It was a soft kiss, just a brushing of the lips but Hyukjae blushed brightly at it. Donghae could only marvel at the soft plump texture of his friends lips and smile.

"All I ever want it for EunHae to be real. Do you want that too?" He asked with a soft look in his eyes.

"Neh…" Hyukjae admitted with a soft voice. "Ever since the day we met it seemed."

Donghae grinned.

"So when I ask you out you will say yes correct?"

"What makes you think you are doing the asking. I am going to be the man in this relationship." Hyukjae teased with a grin. "After all it is EUNHAE, meaning I obviously top here."

"As if. Haven't you heard of HaeHyuk? The fans think I am the better Top for this relationship." Donghae argued with a grin of his own.

"Its Eunhae for a reason." The man reasoned with a smirk. "How about later I show you why."

Donghae blinked in surprised and then smirked.

"Deal."