Hyukjae's Story

Pairings

Lee Hyukjae, or better known as Eunhyuk, would like to believe he was a patient person. After all he was patient enough to wait a whole extra year after Junsu was accepted before he was allowed to join SM. He was patient when he had to wait again when Junsu was able to debuted before him. He was comfortable with the fact that he was always bidding his time. He knew that the more he did the better the things he would get in the end. And he always got what he wanted in the end. But for once his patients was beginning to run slim. And it all had to do with his other best friend, Lee Donghae. And he knew it required a lot of patients when dealing with anything that involved the younger. And he tolerated a lot, the fact he steals his clothes, his food, and his money. But this time it was more than materialist things.

The problem was he was actually done with being just friends with Donghae. He wanted more, far more. It never bothered him that after all those years he was in fact gay. Or at least in love with Donghae, he never felt this way about any of the other members. Or Junsu, thank god. But he wanted more with Donghae, much more. But the problem was not the fact he was in love with his friend, but that everyone seemed to be in love with him.

First there was KiHae. Hyukjae didn’t have any problem with the original maknae. The boy acted far older than his age and he was the politest boy out there. And he was obvious an important friend to Donghae. But at the same times he might have been the tiniest bit happy when Kibum decided to focus more on his acting career and less as a member of Super Junior. With Kibum gone Donghae would spend more time with him. And with that KiHae ended quietly.

But then came SiHae. Siwon was one of Hyukjae's closest friends in the band but he was also one of the biggest ers in all existence. Jongwoon was also pretty bad, or good depending on how you look at it, as well but the fans didn’t start pairing the singer with Donghae. So Hyukjae didn’t mind him as much. But with Siwon, well the religious boy was always there. He would have an arm around Donghae waist or was trying to get a kiss from the younger. And it didn’t help that Donghae encouraged it with EunSiHae. With that simple name Hyukjae was always reminded of the fact Siwon was always between them.

And if it wasn’t Siwon then it was HenHae with Henry or WookHae with Ryeowook. Some days it could be KyuHae, or HaeTeuk, or HeeHae and Hyukjae was beginning to lose it.

And he hasn’t even gotten to the girls yet. There was Jessica and Yoona and Sunye and now there was Dara. And he liked all of them but it seemed like every time Hyukjae his computer or phone there was another pairing for Donghae with another person. It was enough to drive any person insane.

Hyukjae sighed at this. He was pretty insane to fall in love with Donghae. After all the boy was clearly popular. And as large as the EunHae fan-base was, it was also obvious that the fans enjoyed pairing him with other people as well. The dancer fell back onto his bed in frustration. It was a rare day in the dorm where he had no schedules while everyone else did so he had the whole play all to himself. Of course, whenever he was left on his own his thoughts always turned to Donghae. Said person who was currently tapping for a new TV show he was going to be on which would probably cause all the fans to pair him up with someone brand new.

He knew he was important in Donghae's life. The pair have been through so many ups and downs in their lives and were always beside each other during those times. They even had their own duo group and they were renowned for the fact they were the EunHae pair. But it never stopped the seed of doubt from growing that wasn’t as important in Donghae's life as the younger was in his. Hyukjae couldn’t imagine Super Junior without the other. He needed to know where he stood with the younger but going about asking was harder than it seemed.

Rolling to his side the dancer's eyes fell upon the photo wall he had next to him. There were many different type of pictures ranging from his family, friends, fellow bandmates, other famous people he has worked with, and his dog Choco. But his favorite picture was the one with Donghae. It was an old picture during their Don’t Don days and the ridiculous hairstyles were the norm. The pair had their arms thrown across each other and wore the brightest and purest of smiles. They looked so young and happy it made it so special. It was also the picture when he realized how much he truly care and needed the younger.

Hyukjae sighed again and rolled back to his back. It was pretty recent that he had stopped by his parent's house and told his family the news. That despite the fact that he has dated girls in the past he was now in love with his male best friend. His family took it surprisingly well. Too well if Sora casual 'It's about time' comment was anything to go on. His mother had comforted him in saying that they would love anyone that Hyukjae loved and it helped that they were all already so fond of the younger male. And his father had shrugged and said they all saw it coming. Even Choco didn’t seemed that alarmed but she was a dog so he supposed that wasn’t something to go off on. Hyukjae chuckled at this. He had even called Junsu and told him the news and his childhood best friend was not surprised either.

"There was an obvious difference between you two than any other person you do your 'fan-service' with. If you weren't in love with him than I would be even more concerned."

So everyone knew he was apparently gay and were okay with it. The only one who didn’t know, and Hyukjae was the most concern about was Donghae himself. Truth be told he didn’t know the status with the other members but that was a totally different bridge he would cross at a later time. Sighing the dancer draped his arm over his face again. Perhaps he will just take a nap and sleep on it.

Closing his eyes he was about to fall asleep when there was a rapid banging at his door. Shifting up to his elbows there was only one member who would be that obnoxious this late at night. Calling out to the door he waited as for the door to open and a familiar face poke in.

"Donghae, what are you doing up so late. Didn’t you have recordings for your show?" He asked in a pretend annoyed voice.

"We finished early so Manager said I could go home early."

"So what's up? Your room in downstairs."

"What Hyukkie doesn’t want to see me?" Donghae asked with a pout. He walked into the room and sat on Hyukjae's bed. "To be honest, no one is home upstairs and I got lonely so I came down here. What are you doing?"

Hyukjae shifted so there was more room for Donghae on the bed. Laying on his back he draped his arm over his forehead and grinned. Of course Donghae would get lonely being by himself in an empty dorms. He has been like that forever.

"Nothing Hae, just thinking is all. How is filming coming along?"

"Good! Good! Did you know I am working with someone from 4Minute?" He said as he bounced in his seat on the bed.

"Really? Who's the poor thing that is stuck working with the NG King?" Hyukjae teased with a grin.

"." Donghae muttered as he wacked his friend on the leg. "And I'll have you know I am not the NG King anymore. I've gotten a lot better. But her name is Jihyun."

Hyukjae nodded like he understood but his head was drifting away from the conversation. He couldn’t help it, he could hear Donghae still talking about his movie but he didn’t follow. Because all he could think about was the fact there was another person that Donghae was going to be paired with. Jihyun, so would that be JiHae or Donghyun? No the second one sounded stupid. So it was JiHae. She was pretty, even if the spotlight was always on Hyuna. And by the way Donghae was smiling he obviously was having fun working with her. The fans were going to easily pair them up.

"…Jae! Hyukjae!" Donghae's voice cut into his thoughts.

"Wha…?" He asked slightly dazed.

"Were you even listening to me? I've been calling your name for a while now." Donghae asked in annoyance.

"Haha, sorry Hae. Drifted for a moment, but I'm listening now. Sorry." Hyukjae sat up and draped his arm around his best friend's shoulder.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Oh umm….nothing important." He lied as he looked away.

"Liar. It had to have been important since you were ignoring me."

"I ignore you a lot." He replied with a smirk.

"." Donghae threw back with his tongue out.

Hyukjae laughed at this and bumped their shoulders together. Teasing Donghae was so much fun. And it also allowed for Donghae to get distracted enough so he wouldn’t continue to pester him about his own thoughts. He slid the arm off the shoulder and around Donghae's waist. Shifting his weight he leaned his head on the other's shoulder.

"Hey, do you ever think about your life after Super Junior?" He asked randomly.

"There is a life after all of this?" Donghae counter with a grin. "I'd figure I will end up living forever with the band and finally retiring when I don’t have a single fan anymore."

"What about getting married. Having a family. Isnt that your dream too?"

Donghae craned his neck to try and get a better look at Hyukjae. But the older shifted his face so to hide his eyes from his friend. He knew it was something that Donghae thought about often. But it wasn’t something that the pair talked about. It was a topic that the dancer tried to avoid. Because it meant admitting the fact that at some point Donghae was never going to be at his side anymore. But with how popular the man was becoming it was starting to get to the point where he would soon fall in love with some pretty girl and leave the band. Donghae poked him in the side.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked in a concerned voice. "You normally don’t talk like this. What's up? You planning on quitting soon?"

"What? No, never. I will stay with the band as long as I can. But I don’t have any desire to have a family like you do. I'd figure you will be the first to marry and leave."

"Maybe a few years ago I would have agreed with you. But I love this band too much to leave just yet. A family doesn’t have what I want at the moment."

"Oh?"

"Yeah." Donghae smiled at him. It was a soft charming smile that he was privy to see when the fans were not around. "Do you want to know what this band has that a future family doesn’t? Or at this point doesn’t?"

Hyukjae wasn’t sure if he should take the bait. He was curious to know what Donghae was saying. But he wasn’t sure if he wanted to hear the answer either. Because it was hearing about something important to Donghae. And it may not be him. He glanced at Donghae and seemed to get entranced by the soft look in his eyes.

"What does the band have that a future family of yours doesn’t?" He finally asked.

Donghae grinned and leaned close. The pair were just a hair away from one another and Hyukjae wondered if the boy could feel his heart racing.

"It doesn’t have you." Donghae whispered softly. "Well at the moment it doesn’t. But if I had my way, you would be with me always."

The blush on Hyukjae's face was hot. He bet Donghae could feel the heat based on how close they were. Swallowing he looked shyly at him.

"Do you mean that?" He whispered back.

"Of course. I can't even begin to imagine a life after Super Junior if you are not with me. After all." Donghae grinned at this. "I am nothing without the other half of EunHae."

Hyukjae grinned back.

"Yeah. Same." He admitted with a grin.

Donghae leaned forward and pecked Hyukjae on the cheek. The dancer was embarrassed but the smile on his face was still bright. Donghae smiled back and tugged the dancer into a close hug.

"I think EunHae is the best thing to ever happen to me."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. As cool as some of the other parings are. Nothing beats being with you."

"I feel the same way Donghae. I feel the very same way."