"One"

Safety
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I woke up facing the wall, curled on my side with the blankets tightly wound in my hands. My breath came inshort gasps, and sweat beaded on my forehead. Shadows danced on the walls of my room, the moonlight twisted and dark from the rain cascading down my window. Panic welled in my stomach, making me feel almost nauseous at the intensity of it. It was all my fault. He got them, and there was nothing I could do now.

 

A cold hand settled on my arm. I jumped at the touch, curling into an even tighter ball.

"Lee Hi, Lee Hi. Shh….You were having a nightmare, shh. You're alright."

Yongguk was here. Instead of calming, my pulse quickened at the sound of his voice and another wave of fear washed over me. I tried not to think of the dream, to block it out, but it was so fresh in my mind. My mother, my father. Oh dear God, Himchan got them, he got to them and he made me watch. And Yongguk…

I almost retched as the images resurfaced, and squeezed my eyes shut as tight as possible.

"Lee Hi. You're going to hyperventilate if you don't calm down. Lee Hi, listen to me." He gripped my arm gently and I tried to shake his hand off. I couldn't listen to him after that, I couldn't look at him. 'There is only one way to kill a vampire,' he had said to me once, and Himchan did just that. It was probably the most violent dream I ever had.

And, there had been nothing I could do to help any of them. I whimpered quietly to myself, shaking slightly.

"Lee Hi!"

Suddenly I was on my back and he was on top of me, pinning me down. His hand covered my mouth, though I don't think I could have spoken, anyhow.

"Stop." His amber eyes were wide with concern, the moon shining off them brightly, just inches from mine. It hurt to see that, so I squeezed my eyes shut, a few tears escaping in the effort. Yongguks's hands were on my face, my cheeks with his thumbs and brushing the tears off. It was so distracting whenever he got near my face. I took a deep, shuddering breath, feeling horribly dizzy.

"Tell me about it; tell me about your dream. I'm trying to help."

I shook my head quickly. I couldn't tell him that, I didn't want to think about it. It was the worst of everything. My father had still thought I hated him. Himchan got him and he'd never know how much it hurt to tell him all those lies. He still thought I hated Busan, that I wanted to leave. Leaving was the last thing I wanted now – you would have to drag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter