Wrong Coordinates

Anonymous Mask

“Are you insane! You crazy woman, stop chasing me!” I looked back over my shoulder and let my frantic gaze linger on the elderly lady, who was indeed (and very energetically if I may add) chasing me around in her big sized house.

I started cursing under my breath, wanting to give a piece of my fist in the faces of the people who send me here. If a business is as specially trained as “Police” how the hell do they then give me the wrong coordinates?

This is not the person I’m after, nor is it a woman I will ever in my life want to come across.

I saw the shining light of my only escape, an exit that lead from the living room out in the garden. I picked up my speed, glancing back again to see the frying pan still threatening me in her hand. I thought I was the one with the young legs, but this lady runs like freaking Dash from The Incredibles. I was so close at getting out, I could start to smell the fresh air and feel the rush by another successful escape, and there was a summing coming from my chest ready to let out the laughter from the situation, until…

My sweet escape was blocked! Ruined by this… very gorgeous person... This stupid thingy standing there like he freaking owned the doorway.

Not thinking about the consequences, I quickly made a U-turn… right into the hardness of the frying pan.

B

.

L

.

A

.

C

.

K

.

O

.

U

.

T

This would be easy they said…

Nothing can go wrong they said…

Well what did go right then?! Absolutely nothing!!

 

Never in the entire time that I have been working for that ty business I call my job, I have never… Never! Tried anything like this.

“Well… are you gonna answer us or what?” The elderly lady (yes, the one who banged me in the head with a frying pan) asked me “or do you want us to call the police?” tsk, excuse you, I work for the Police.

“I may be the one who is wrong here, but you…” I pointed an accusing finger in her direction “were the one who hit me…” I motioned at myself“ in the head… with a frying pan” And damn my head hurts! I desperately need an icepack but this stubborn lady won’t give me any. All I can do is look as irritated as I am and look helplessly as I tug at the ropes around my wrists.

Alright this is where my awesome skills come into handy. I just need to find a really good excuse for me being in a stranger’s house. The woman raised an eyebrow and looked me right in the eye.

I got nothing.

“Alright if you are not gonna answer me, then I’m calling the police” I was deep in my thoughts of how to murder my boss from giving me the wrong coordinates on the house, when the name she called afterwards ringed a clear bell.

 

 


 

 

“Tao, good you made it” my boss excitedly sprang from his office chair and half running around his desk on his way to hug me (I presume) before an arm stopped him on his way. A pout formed on his lips as he looked to the side dejectedly on the person blocking his way.

“Lay, let me pas” my boss tried to look stern, but mostly only succeeded in looking like a 5-year old on the verge of crying.

“No” was the only answer he got, making Suho stomp lightly in the ground while almost whining out a why.

“How do you think I feel when you go around hugging every damn living thing?” Lay replies to Suho’s defeated form and drops his arm when he knows that Suho will stay put. However, Suho ran as fast as his short legs could muster and engulfed me into this crushing bear hug.

“Tao, I missed you” I watched over Suho’s shoulder, seeing how Lay glared daggers at us and I gulped, generally glad that Lay would not do anything to Suho as long as I was here.

“What did you call me here for?” I wanted to flee as soon as possible to avoid a couple’s quarrel, so I just cut to the case.

“Oh, yes right… I got a new mission for you” he said with a smile as he motioned for me to sit down opposite of his office chair. I complied as he sat down himself and began explaining.

“We have a new opponent, a human with dragon genes to be exact” he looked more serious now than 1 minute ago “we believe that whatever he hides can mean great danger to not just the people around him, but himself also.”

I sigh as I think of the last time I had to take a closer look at a dragon’s treasure. I ended up in a stinking cellar with spiders as my only company. Not nice when I hate spiders more than anything.

“Don’t worry this person lives respectfully and normally, he actually doesn’t know that he has dragon genes” Suho says as he reads the grimace I made “your mission should be fairly easy, you just have to take a look inside his house, see if there is any danger and report back to me” I nod as I think about my one day mission. It shouldn’t take that long. I only have to sneak my way into his house take a peek around and get the hell out of there before he also puts me in a creepy dark cellar. A shiver ran down my spine as I thought about those many eyes staring at me from the ceiling. I tried to shake of the offending feeling but instead just got goose bumps decorating my skin and felt relieved that I was wearing a long sleeved shirt. But I have always loved my job and the familiar rush of adrenaline was welcomed through my body as my brain began thinking in high speed. How do I find this treasure? And more importantly, can I beat my last record? Oh what shall I wear on this mission?

“When do I leave?” I asked eager to get started.

“We have already given the coordinates to Kai, so as soon as you are ready, I suppose” Suho smiled gently at me and gave a light shrug.

“Fine I leave tomorrow” I cracked my knuckles and let my eyes get that anticipated glint as I started getting up and make my leave as Suho gave me the files on my mission. I notice the slow movements of him as if he tried to buy himself some time and his nervous eyes kept glancing all around the room. I knew what he was nervous about and I couldn’t help a small laugh from falling past my lips. Suho looked at me and he knows that I have noticed his behavior. He starts silently begging me, but I shrug it off and start walking to the door, opening the files I was given. A name is the first thing my eyes scan on the white paper as the door closes behind me. I hear a thud as if someone was shoved up against the door and I can only snigger.

Good luck Suho.

Now… Kris, I’m coming after your treasure.

 

 


 

 

“Kris, get the phone” she yelled over her shoulder while never leaving her gaze from me. It was rather uncomfortable sitting there on the couch. I knew I needed to come up with a good excuse as to why I was in her house. Okay Tao think! This is getting ridiculous.

 “I went inside the wrong house ma’am, I am not a criminal!” it was partly true but I wouldn’t be in the wrong house in the first place if somebody didn’t send the wrong coordinates. She looked at me weirdly, probably trying to find traces of me lying in my expression. When she found none, she sighed and started to lose the robes around my wrist. What did she even have robes for in her house? Is it normal to have that laying around?

“Alright, I believe you…” relief washed over me, so this was easier getting out of than I thought “but I’m not letting you go that easily” if I wasn’t totally out of the semi coma I got from the hit previously, then I surely am now.

 

 


 

 

“Tao you are here!” Suho ran in my direction but before he could engulf me in a bear hug, I stepped aside to let him run straight into the door behind me. He let out a whimper when he slumped down in a crouched position, holding a hand over his forehead. Suho turned his head around facing me and made his famous ‘kicked-puppy’ expression.

“Oh stop it you big baby, it’s not helping!” I took my lead and went straight to the guest chair in front of his desk. I crossed my arms at the same time I crossed my legs and looked as pissed off as I felt. I side glanced at Lay and saw the big smirk he had on his face, probably satisfied that Suho didn’t get his hug.

“You send me to the freaking wrong house!” I half yelled when Suho took his seat opposite of me, still rubbing his sore forehead.

“Yeah I know we found out after Kai dropped you off, apparently Kris Wu moved the same day as the mission” Suho reached down in his drawer and took out a folder “this is the updated files on Kris” he tossed the folder across the table so it landed in front of me.

“And you couldn’t get me out of there before I got hit by a frying pan!?” I sneered at him and heard a snicker coming from his lips as I glared daggers at him.

“Plus! She made me promise to do charity for her! Freaking charity!” his snicker became a full blast of laughter before he looked at me.

“That could be a good thing, the lady is old and couldn’t have done anything to the house herself” Suho rested his chin in his hands.

“Call an ambulance” Suho looked confused at me and asked me why “you will need one soon when I’m done with you!” he looked horrified at me and hurriedly hid himself behind a laughing Lay. Tsk that boss of mine is horrible. Why do I even bother with him? I shook my head and wondered how such a person as Suho could lead a business as Police. To be honest it is not the first time that I wonder along that path. Suho is a very caring person and easy to tears. He is like a mother being protective of his children. How can such a person lead this company?

“We need a new plan” I changed the topic and he carefully came out from behind Lay’s back and sat himself down again, dragging Lay with him so he stood beside him just in case I attacked him.

“We have already thought of a plan B” Suho took out a paper and showed me a picture of an apartment complex as I gave him a confused look.

“This is a picture of your new home, you can find more pictures of your new apartment in the folder I gave you” my mouth was opened wide when he stopped talking. Am I moving? But… I just moved a month ago when my house was swallowed by the ground (don’t ask).

“First the older woman made me promise to help her with her house as payment for intruding on her” I half spoke to myself “and now I have to move!” I hate my job so much right now.

“Your belongings are being moved as we speak, so you don’t have to worry about that” I was only half listening when he told me about the plan.

“Sure sure” I waved my hand lazily and stood up ready to leave but was stopped by Suho.

 “Oh and Tao” I turned half around facing my boss “you might wanna get someone to look at the big bump on your forehead” I growled at him and went out of the office, the laughter getting weaker and weaker for every step I took.

“Huang ZiTao?” I turned my head in the direction of the voice and saw a man trying to catch up with me. I slowed down and gave him a chance to match my speed “um yes, who is asking?” He took a few seconds to even his breathing and smooth out the suit he was wearing.

“My name is Lee Jong Suk, I’m gonna drive you to your new apartment” he half bowed while walking. I guess I don’t have any other choice than to follow him.

 

 


 

 

“You!” I dropped the packing case I was carrying and jump at least 2 meters in the air when the yell reached my ears. I looked frantically to the right where the outraged voice came from and saw the main character of my mission.

“What are you doing here?” He pointed a finger at me and looked like a 5 year old which candy just got stolen. I didn’t plan on meeting him so soon. I wanted me moving in to be a secret a little while longer.

“Firstly, it’s not polite to point” I watched with a judging brow in the air as he lowered his arm “secondly, I’m standing here peacefully while you are making a fuss over nothing” I place my hands at my hips and feel just a little too much like my mother in the moment.

“No I mean what are you doing in this complex?” I couldn’t hide a little smirk that came upon my features as he asked more specifically.

“Isn’t that obvious? I’m moving in” I smiled at him sweetly and picked up the box with my belongings, hoping that nothing broke when I dropped it.

“Can you open the door for me please?” I made sure that my smile was extra friendly and my voice dripping with honey. He looked uncertain at me before slowly making his way across the hall, the space between us getting smaller and smaller. As he stood before me, he looked down with a suspicious look and made eye contact. I had to bend my neck a little backwards as he was some inches taller than I was. Kris wrapped his hand around the door handle, twisted it and pushed the door open.

“Thank you” I slightly bowed my head showing my gratitude and placed the box in the entrance of my new home. I turned around and raised my hand wanting to give a handshake. Kris looked in doubt, but took my hand shortly after.

“I’m Tao, Huang ZiTao to be exact” I said while remaining eye contact. He looked a little lost and I couldn’t help but smile at him. I wouldn’t really know what to do either if I met the man that purposely “broke inside of my house” so I tried to give this friendly aura to make my mission easier. Beside it wasn’t Kris I was after, it was his treasure.

“I’m Kris Wu” he replied shortly and let go of my hand. I could feel a chill reach my hand where his warm one ones was.

“I guess I will see you around then” he looked as though he just woke up and shook his head slightly as he took a step back. I smiled again at him and waved as I closed the door, leaving a probably still confused Kris outside.

Oh Kris I gotcha now.

 

 

 


A/N:

Ayo everybody! I'm back with a new Taoris Fanfic and this time i'm not alone! I got my best friend with me in this circus I call writing XD We hope that you will enjoy this story as much as we enjoy writing it C: 

If people is a little confused from this chapter, we will let you know that further explanation will come in following chapters^^

Buuuuuuut, if you wanna ask us something (anything, don't be shy) feel free to leave a comment, we won't bite. If you don't have any questions then plz leave a comment anyway bc we absolutly love to hear your opinions.