My Turn To Cry

My Turn To Cry

                                                                                                                    -Kris-

               I confessed to Eunjung 4 months after Kais death. I was... completely rejected. It was just.. a painful, flatout "No." No explanations, no nothing, just a simple "No." and she walked away. I was going to confess to her sooner but since Kais death she's never smiled so I felt a bit guilty about . . . I took out a small black box and opened it. It was a diamond wedding ring. That's what I feel guilty about. I . . . didn't expect her to.... *sigh* But it's 25% ok now, she smiled again. Wedding Diamond Ring

                                                                                                                    -Suzy-

 I looked the direction she was looking at and saw why she smiled. She saw someone who looked like Kai.              

               Out of all times, a look a like appears NOW. Wow. Nice timing dude. You should get a trophy for having such good timing. You should've appeared on the real Kais birthday but no-o-o-o-o you left Eunjung alone, WEEPING ALL DAY in her room while apologizing for not being next to you when the real Kai flew away and the real Kais death? She puts the blame on HERSELF. Nice going Kai and the look alike-Kai.

               I slapped myself from zoning out. "I shouldn't be mad at any of these Kais, I should be mad at the one who KILLED Kai.... which I do not know." I thought to myself.

               Eunjung tried to walk through the crowd, trying to get to the other side. I grabbed her wrist, she looked back. "What are you doing?!" I asked. She smiled at me, which surprised me. "It's Kai, I saw him!" I let go of her wrist. I wanted to say "No, that's not Kai. He only looks like Kai, Kai is dead." but seeing her smile like that... it crushed my insides... it.. it made me happy so I let her go. "Where's she going?" Kris asked. I tried to reply but no words came out of my mouth. I just stood there.... watching her slowly get to the other side. Kris looked the direction I was looking at and his eyes widened. "Is that K-" I interrupted him. "No Kris, it's not Kai... it can't be. Kai is dead." I explained. Kris nodded in agreement, still looking doubtful. 

                                                                                                      -Eunjung-

               I pushed through the crowd, trying to get to where my lovely Kai was. As soon as I got to where he was, I back-hugged him. "Kai oppa!!" I called. I tightened my grip, "I missed you." My eyes started to get teary; my eyes dried up when I heard a similar voice call me name. "Eunjung?" called the voice. I let Kai go and turned toward the sound and saw Xiumin. "What are you doing here?" 

                                                                                                -Next scene; Eunjung-

               I saw across from Xiumin with a table in between us, he suggested we had a private chat while Kai helped the crew make Kimchi in the kitchen. "That's Kai, right?" I asked. Xiumin nodded. "But that day.... a year ago... you told me he died." I reminded him. "Eunjung-a," he sighed. "He's not the Kai you knew." He explained. I looked at him in confusion. "What do you mean?" I asked, demanding more information. "He's not YOUR Kai, he's a different Kai." He told me. I shook my head. "No, I know that's Kai," I objected. "I'd never mistake my lovely Kai for someone else." Xiumin sighed and got up from his chair. He walked to where I was sitting and patted my shoulder. "Sorry Eunjung," he apologized. "but you just did." and he walked out of the room, into the kitchen where they were making Kimchi. I sighed and got out of my chair and walked into the kitchen to help the crew. I sat by Kai, he looked at me and I smiled at him. He looked away. I looked around his neck, looking for the other side of the couple necklace I had bought him on that rainy day - but there was nothing. I elevated my hands and grabbed my side of the couple necklace.                             Couple Necklace

               Suzy came running at me and Kai and grabbed both of us, she dragged us outside together. "You guys have been a big help, not you two should go out and hang out together somewhere fun." She went back inside. Kai scratched his neck in awkwardness. I smiled at him and pulled over a taxi. I opened the door and said "Hop in."

               I dragged him into the store where Kai and I had went into the night it had been thunderstorming.  I bought us some ramen noodles to eat but he would eat because of the awkwardness. "Do you remember when we came in here that night it had been thunderstorming?" I asked him, hoping that he'd remember. I shook his head. I dragged him over to where I had found the couple necklace that I bought for the both of us. I grabbed it and compared the girl side of the necklace and compared it to mine. "Do you remember when I bought this for us?" I asked. He shook his head. I smiled. "It's okay, maybe you'll remember this." I grabbed his wrist and took him outside. He snatched his hand away from mine and angrily said, "Look, I don't know you. This is the first time I've seen you and Ive never had a girlfriend in my life. Please stop thinking of me as this other Kai dude, okay?" "Then I can be your first." I offered him. "What?" he asked. "I can be your first girlfriend." I justified. "Sorry, we just met and I barely know you. And the only reason why you probably like me is because I remind you of the other Kai dude." then he stomped away in anger. I covered up my face with my hands. "There was a place where our pictures together hung all over the walls in a specific shop." I whispered to myself.

                                                                                               -(The look-alike?) Kai- 

               I lied on my stomach on Xiumins bed. "You know that girl with the short black hair...?" I asked. "You mean Eunjung? Yeah, what about her?" "She kept mistaking me for someone else and kept bringing me to places where her and this other Kai had been to. So annoying." I told him, he didn't say anything back. I looked at the time. "Oh, I should be going back home now. My moms going to yell at me." He nodded his head. "Okay, go then." I sighed and blew some hair out of my face. I glared him. "Come with me." I demanded. 

               We headed out home but then it just happened to thunderstorm. Rain harshley poured onto the road, sidewalks, and on us. It hurt. Unfortunately, we didn't bring any umbrellas. Xiumin took off his jacket that he always wore and we used it as and umbrella and an to the closest store. 

When we got in and watched the rain pour down from the window.

               All of a sudden I felt pain in my brain/head and clutched emy skull with both of my hands and moaned in pain. "Ya, are you okay?!" Xiumin asked in concern. I closed my eyes.

I started to have... a vision? I saw a girl with short black hair with me, sitting together by a cliffside. Then the "vision" shifted. I saw me and the same girl running into a store during a thunderstorm with my jacket used as an umbrella. She picked up a couple necklace and bought it for us to wear. It shifted again. I saw her crying and I elevated my hands, wiping her tears off her cheeks. I heard me saying "Don't cry. You've never cried before." 

                                                                                                             -Xiumin-

               I leaned on Kais bedroom door. "Are you sure nothing happened?" I asked. "Yeah, it was just like a painful muscle spasm." he lied. I knew he was lying. I was pretty sure... some of his lost memory about Eunjung came back. 

Well, Kai never really died. He just, lost his memories about the crew and Eunjung. I lied to everyone that Kai had died that day because I didn't want the same thing to happen again. If that person had tried to kill Kai but didn't take any of his belongings, I knew that the same person would come back to try to kill him again if he had found out that Kai had survived.

Kai had lost his memories because the blow he took on the head was too harsh. (He still had memories the first time he had woken up because, well, you know, his wounds... ah whatever.) I don't know why he had only lost memories of the crew and Eunjung but I think it was a good thing thathe did becasue now he won't be in anymore danger. 

               "I'm going back home now." Before Kai could even say bye or anything else, I left. 

                                                                                                         -Kai-

               I lied on my bed. I elevated my hand and spread my fingers, allowing light to shine in between my fingers. I suddenly felt a pain in my brain/head again. Another "vision" (or whatever it was, I don't know.) 

I saw my hand doing the same thing it was before I had gotten this vision, exept it wasn't a light coming from a light bulb, it was the sun. Then I saw me kissing a girl with short black hair. Her again I thought. I still hadn't been able to tell who the girl was. Her face was a bit blurry. The scene shifted and I saw myself with the same girl, holding hands. We were in a school uniform. Kyungnam High School Juniors I guessed. The scene shifted again. I saw me and her in a resturant, I knew what restaurant it was because I saw the sign that said "No littering in the great Cheomdam-Dong restaurant!" Then I saw her hanging up photos in the restaurant. "I'll hang our memories together here so if I ever disappear then you can come here to look at them." Then everything turned black. I had fallen asleep I guess.

               The next day Xiumin and I went to go hang out with the crew. Eunjung sat by me and she kept staring at me. Finally, she said something. But I kinda regret she her opened . "Kai?" I looked at her. "Kaisoo?" I gave her a weird look and nodded my head. "When's your birthday?" she asked. She continued to smile at me. "January 6" I told her. Then she just kept on asking me questions. "What year? What high school did you go to? What middle school did you go to? What are your parents like? Do you have any siblings? What elementary school did you go to? Are you a good boy?" etc. "Kai?" She asked. I turned to her with an angry face. "WHAT NOW!?" She jumped back in surprise. I got up from where I was sitting. "Gosh, you talk too much." I stomped away. She ran after me and grabbed me wrist. "I'm so-" I pushed her to the ground. "Would you leave me alone? I'm not the other Kai dude you know so can you just back off? You're irritating me." 

The crew helped her up. "Eunjung, stop thinking of him as the Kai you loved. The Kai you knew is long gone. He is dead." Suzy reminded her. Dead? I asked myself. Wow, now I feel terrible. "Yeah, Kai is dead, Eunjung. Get over it." Eunjung started weeping. I guess the subject of her dead boyfriend made her cry. I left the building and Xiumin followed. I went to where I had seen in my "vision"....no, not vision. Lost memory. I went to the Cheomdam-Dong restaurant. Before I could enter the building Xiumin stopped me. He shook his head. "This isn't a good place to eat out." he explained to me. "I'm not eating." I told him. He started sweating. "What?" I asked him. He said nothing back. I walked in. "Welcome to Cheomdam-Do- Oh! You're back! Your girlfriend has been looking for you." I didn't really know what she was talking about. "She said you went missing, she's been trying to find you." she informed him. "Where are they?" I asked. "Pardon?" she asked. "Where are the pictures?" i justified. "Oh, right around the corner." Kai started heading there but Xiumin grabbed me and shook his head, warning him to not go. But I went anyways. 

I saw pictures of me... and Eunjung together. Pictures of us kissing, holding hands, on dates, etc. As i scrolled through them, I slid his fingers down them.  And the last picture was a picture of me with the crew. Everything came back to me, I remembered everything now. I turned around and grabbed Xiumin by his collar. "Why didn't you tell me?" I said in anger. My eyes turned red and were getting teary. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME WHEN YOU KNEW ALL ALONG?!" I yelled at him. A waiter came and split us apart "Please calm down sir, take this fight outside." I deeply inhaled and exhaled. "Someone tried to kill you." Xiumin explained. "When you came out of your hospital and you didn't remember anything about the the crew and Eunjung I decided to hide the fact that you were alive and the fact that you knew them. I did it to protect you!" I shook his head. I snatched Xiumins phone out of his pocket and speed walked out of the restaurant, leaving Xiumin behind. I looked for Eunjungs phone number and called her on Xiumins phone. "Hello?" Eunjung answered. "Eunjung-a..." I said. "Who's this?" she asked. "It's me, Eunjung." I told her. "It's me, you're love, Kai." There was a moment of silence. "5 minutes. I'll be there in five minutes. Just wait 5 minutes for me, okay?" I hung up and started running. 

                                                                                                 -Eunjung-

               He said that to me a year ago, he got into that accident and never came. Instead he was lying on a hospital bed. All of a sudden, it started to rain. I put on a sweater, got an umbrella, put on my shoes and went out. I opened the umbrella and started running. "He remembers." I said outloud, talking to myself. "He remembers me now." I smiled. I had knew that Kai had never died. I had knew from the very beginning that it was all a lie about his death. He was hidden away from me but there was no point in hiding from me anymore because I already saw him that day at the food market. 

               Cars were driving across the road. I waited; I saw Kai, running. When he saw me he called out my name, "Eunjung-a!!". He was too excited and continued running. A car came towards him, I called his name to warn him. He closed his eyes....

 

                                                                                                                        -Kai-

               I opened my eyes. I was still alive. I was sitting on the rainy road. I looked over and saw an umbrella playing away; I saw a bloody hand and blood washing away into the sewers along with the rain. Then I saw Eunjungs bloody body lying on the road. "EUNJUNG-A!" I ran over to her and held her body. "EUNJUNG!!" I started crying. She slowly opened her eyes. "You idiot..." she managed. *sniff* "Don't talk," I told her. "Everythings goring tobe alright, you're going to live through this." I continued to cry. I took out my phone and called for an ambulance. "It's okay Eunjung, you're going to live." I continued to sob. She slowly elevated her hands and touched my face. "Don't cry-." she said. "You've never cried before...." then her bloody hand fell onto the rainy road. "EUNJUNG-A!" I screamed. I continued to scream her face and continued to sob. I kept telling her that she was going to live and that everything would be okay... but no. 

               She couldn't make it. She died. I made a mistake. She payed the price.                                                                                 

 

                                                                                                                 -3rd Person-

               Whether Kai get married and create a new happy family or not (or whatever he does in the future) is up to the readers imaginatiomn.

And so the story ends.