Final

The Secrets Kept

Minwoo was neatly writing everything that was on the blackboard into his notebook and it was a miracle that he understood every single word of what it said. For the past years, math had been his worst class just because he couldn’t understand all those difficult terms that were used and he couldn’t figure out what story those numbers were trying to tell him.
 

But this year had been a brand new start for him and his parents almost couldn’t believe the progress he had made since last year, they were so proud of him. And he was so happy to see that the inadequate had disappeared from his results and that all his classes were good again, he didn’t have to worry about anything anymore like he had been doing the years before.

 

It could have to do with many factors, the fact that he was studying harder, maybe the subject was just easier and less hard then last year, he just became a math genius like that… It were all things he told to everyone but actually none of them all was the real truth. He still hated math so he didn’t study harder for it, the subject was still as hard as the years before and it was impossible to become a genius just like that.

 

The real reason why he suddenly liked to pay attention in class and why he then also learned much more during his hours of math was because of his teacher. He had been going to this school for a very long time now but until this year his math teachers had all been horrible people, coming here to fail people and to make fun of them. But this year there was a new teacher who had joined and Minwoo had had the honor to meet him right away, his name was Kim songsaengnim, but he knew him better as Donghyun, that was his real name.

 

Since he was here his points had jumped up so much that it was almost hard to believe. It was just the way he explained things, the way his voice sounded when he said it and the way he was able to make his students understand everything in only one try. It was very clear that he was born to be a teacher and he hadn’t made the wrong choice by becoming one like some had done. But there was another reason why Minhoo liked him so much, why he probably liked him more than normal students of his class or from this school did and that was because he was in love with Kim songsaengnim.

 

For now he hadn’t told anyone about his feelings yet, just because he was afraid that people were going to judge him and that Donghyun would get into troubles because of his thoughts. After all the thing that everyone would think if this came out would be that he was only a student and Donghyun was still his teacher, who was three years older than him. It would be a shame and his parents would probably kill him or kick him out of the house for spreading such a thing and giving their family a bad name.

 

It was just something that couldn’t be helped, he loved his teacher and with that everything was said. He had tried to ignore it for many times already, but the more he tried to push it away the harder it became to fight it. It was a feeling inside of him that was stronger than anything else, something he had never felt before in his entire life. He knew that it he wasn’t in love with boys, he had always been attracted to girls ever before he had met Kim songsaengnim. He was just so in love with Donghyun himself, and he didn’t care if he was a by or a girl.

 

Just the way his eyes seemed to stare straight into his soul is he asked him a question during class and waited for his answer. The y half smile he would pop out each time he would try to answer his question and would then stutter that he didn’t know it. The way he came to him if he was making an exercise and asked him if he understood anything, if he needed extra help. The way his voice sounded if he was whispering into his ear because the other students had no business with what he was saying to him because it was something between the two of you.

 

Minwoo had no idea if he knew about his feelings for him but for now he didn’t have the feeling that he had already showed a lot of it. He would only turn bright red each time Donghyun would start talking to him, or only even looked into his direction. He would always look straight down and avoid his look if their eyes locked because making eye contact with his love just made him feel so nervous that he couldn’t do it. It were some tiny tips about the feelings he had, but he had never really told him about it before, not even talking about showing it to him.

 

He was afraid that if Kim songsaengnim would get to know about it that he would turn him down and that it would not only make him feel very depressed but would also cause that his math results would get bad once again. Having a crush on your teacher was bringing lots of trouble with it and it was something to keep as a secret that as less people as possible should know. So far so good, he was the only one who knew about his own feelings so there was no one else who could mess it up for him.

 

“Minwoo-ah, can you answer that question for me please? That is of course if you are not dreaming in my class while I’m trying to explain something to you.” With a shocked expression he looked up at Donghyun who was standing in front of his desk, looking down on him with a firm look in his eyes, the teacher look. Before he could control it his cheeks began to burn and he could no longer hide his blush just because he was standing so close to him that he could smell his cologne, and it smelled really good.

 

“I-I’m sorry songsaengnim, it won’t happen again.” Minwoo stuttered, burying his face into his book where he wanted to disappear before he could make things worse for himself. The thing he hated the most was embarrassing himself in front of Donghyun because after all he wanted to impress him and he wanted him to be surprised about the things that he could do, and that wasn’t working at this moment. He could hear Donghyun chuckle softly at his reaction before walking back to his desk in front of the class and going on with his talk where he had left off before he had talked to Minwoo.

 

This time Minwoo keeping his attention right on him and he tried to focus on the lecture, because it was something very important. But no matter how hard he tried he would always get distracted from the way Donghyun’s eyes seemed to shine each time he blinked and how his nose moved each time be breathed out. It was his own fault that Minwoo couldn’t concentrate in his class because he was so damn perfect that he couldn’t do anything else than stare at him all the time, at his wonderful face.

 

“Okay, that was it for today, I’ll see all of you tomorrow. Except…. For Minwoo. I would like to speak with you for a second please.” From the moment he knew that he had to be alone in one room with only Kim songsaengnim as his company his heart rate jumped up and he could feel it beat inside of his throat. It was unbelievable what he did to him, Donghyun made him go crazy even though he knew it was wrong, but he couldn’t help himself.  He was sitting on the edge of his desk, staring to all his students as they left the room one by one, telling them a friendly goodbye.

 

When Minwoo was the only one who was left he stood up and closed the door to give the two some privacy. Minwoo watched him carefully as he came back and now came up to his desk, stopping when he had reached it and leaning both of his hands on the wood so he could lower his face to his lever and make eye contact with him. Minwoo swallowed audibly but tried very hard not to show how nervous he was and tried to keep his eyes pointing directly into the ones of his teacher.

 

In his mind there were all different kind of things of what he actually wanted to say to him and what he actually wanted to do. This teacher student relationship between the two of them, it was something he didn’t want anymore, he wanted to become closer to him and get to know everything about him. He wanted to be friends with Donghyun and he wanted to share everything with him, his feelings, his thoughts he all wanted to tell them to him.

 

But each time again there was something that stopped him, and that was the chance that Donghyun didn’t feel the same. Because how big was the chance that a teacher would actually fall in love with his teacher? Just because he knew that there was a chance he could lose everything he kept his mouth shut and he didn’t say anything, to anyone, because that was the only way that he could keep the feelings he had towards Donghyun.

 

“You haven’t been focusing very well these days, could you explain me why?” Donghyun asked and there it was, the blush that crawled all over Minwoo’s cheeks only because Donghyun was speaking to him in that deep and y voice of his, it was enough to drive him insane. “Uhm…Well, I just have a lot of things going through my mind and I keep on thinking about them…I can’t really help it.” The last part wasn’t a lie, he could help but think of Donghyun and stare at him all class long, it was as if it happened all naturally and it couldn’t be helped.

 

Except for scolding him Donghyun’s cute half smile appeared onto his face again and with a small nod he leaned just a little bit more down and closer to him, so that his eyes were on the same level as Minwoo’s and that he could stare straight into his soul. “I know what it is with you though…” Donghyun said and made Minwoo’s eyes become big as if he had just heard something unbelievable, something that couldn’t be true no matter what. How could it be that he knew about his feelings, it was impossible.

 

“I see it too you know, I’m not blind. I notice the way you always look for me at the school ground and how you always stare at me in class. I see it when you stare at me during class instead of making notes in your books when I tell you to and that you always study really hard for my tests. You like me don’t you? You like me a lot.” It was a statement which he couldn’t answer to, even though it was true, how could he admit it? He also knew how wrong it sounded, for a student to be in love with his teacher.

 

“Yes I do…” Minwoo eventually said and for a short second Donghyun’s smile disappeared and his lips turned into two straight lines which were so thin that his lips were almost gone. It then also was something that he didn’t hear every day, it was something that happened in middle school and such but in high school it was just so wrong. After a long silence Donghyun looked down on him again, making eye contact for the first time since the confession had been out. “You know that’s actually wrong right?”

 

Minwoo nodded his head but there was nothing else he could do than that. He knew it was wrong, he didn’t need anyone to tell him that, he had figured that out ever since the beginning. What he needed right now was for some advice so that he could finally stop these feelings and could fall in love like a normal person again, that was the kind of thing he wanted to hear now.

 

“I know that, but how do I stop it?” He asked and Donghyun’s expression changed once again, this time into a soothing and confident one which made Minwoo’s stomach turn and flip. “I don’t think you should…I think we can find a way to do this, me and you…” At first he didn’t know what he was hearing, was he confirming his feelings? Did his teacher just say that he was feeling the same for his student as his student was feeling for him?

 

Before he could contain himself he had jumped up from his chair and had pressed his lips against Donghyun’s and he felt as if he was dreaming. They tasted better than he had ever thought and they were so incredibly soft that it was almost impossible, this kiss was way better than he had imagined and it was really happening. The kiss lasted a few second before they both pulled away and stared at each other, unsure do what to do next.

 

“How was that?” Donghyun asked and he nodded, how could it have been different then amazing? They both knew it was wrong but there was no way they could still suppress their feelings for each other and even though this would have to stay a secret for a long time, it wasn’t something they could care about right now. Because they had found each other, and this could be the biggest and best experience they would be part of in a very long time, real love…