Two Seperate Lives, One Bus Stop

One Week (일주일)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"C'mon Chanyeol..." Jongin complained. "You've been locked up in this unit for three days already. THREE DAYS! No single man could withstand that distance from civilization for that long." he explained.

Chanyeol continued ignoring his best friend and hugged his pillow. He'd rather stay sprawled across the bed than mingle with other people. He felt uncomfortable trying to please other people. Being the family's only kid, Chanyeol was raised without any other siblings to grow up with. Having the CEO of Korea's biggest clothing line as his father made things worse because his parents opted to get him home-schooled which reduced his interaction with kids his age. His social life hit rock bottom to the point that his annoying cousin Jongin, was his only close friend (as much he wanted someone else to take that role, he didn't have much choice).

"I'm not interested." Chanyeol said flatly. And he was telling the truth, a friend of Jongin's invited the two of them over to a party she's hosting at one of the hottest bars downtown. The said friend sealed that invitation with a make-out session with Jongin in the middle of the mall. Judging from what happened, Chanyeol could already picture how the party would turn out. ty girls chugging alcohol to a druken stupor, guys gawking at said ty girls. Booze flooding the dance floor and loud music banging the house down. Translation: 'not his kind of party'.

"It'll be fun Yeollie, I swear!" Jongin chirped happily as he took a seat on Chanyeol's king-sized bed. "Lots of people will come. And who knows, you may even meet your girl there." he said as he nudged Chanyeol's arm playfully. Chanyeol sat up making Jongin's face brighten up with a wider smile. That bright smile quickly faded as his eyes met Chanyeol's dull pair. Chanyeol was wearing the blankest expression with just his brows slightly frowning at the offer. "No." he flatly declined.

"Fine." Jongin huffed his cheeks and got up. "If you don't want to come with me peacefully, I'LL DRAG YOU INSTEAD!!!" he yelled as he grabbed the taller by the ankles and dragged him to the floor.

"What the are you doing Kim Jongin?" Chanyeol scowled.

Jongin sent death glares as he crossed his arms. "You are coming with me and you are gonna get dressed... NOW!" he commanded.

Chanyeol scoffed at him and smirked. "What makes you think I'll go?" he challenged the latter.

Jongin smirked back at him and flashed his phone; which had Yoora, Chanyeol's equally annoying sister, on the screen with a green 'call' button prominently displayed.

"Her." was all Jongin had to say to seal the deal and get Chanyeol up on his feet to get ready.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hugging his backpack as tightly as he could, Baekhyun ran like the wind.

"WAIT! WAIT FOR ME!" Baekhyun screamed as his scrawny legs worked double time to catch the last bus trip for the night.

Panting heavily from the sprint, Baekhyun slumped on the bus seat by the window. He wiped a drop of sweat that formed under his brow as his breathing slowly steadied. "Made it." he mumbled in short breaths.

The cityscape looked beautiful like it always did at night. Bright, flashing lights from the stores that passed never failed to fascinate the young man. The flock of people, wandering about at this wee hour made Baekhyun understand that there is more to enjoy in the city at nighttime. Coming from a small town in the Jeolla province, Baekhyun was used to the laid-back, simple lifestyle that the people there lived by. His family has a small house in the suburbs and they had lived in a very humble fashion. Living in Seoul made Baekhyun realize that there's more to life than the usual stuff that he does routinely back at home. And it always makes Baekhyun smile realizing that he's living in a city where a lot of opportunity awaits.

His daydream was quickly interrupted when his phone rang and vibrated inside his pocket. He fished it out and checked who was calling. It was Luhan, his friend and boss. Baekhyun bit his lip knowing why Luhan was calling him.

He tentatively pressed the 'answer' button and held the phone by his ear.

"Yobeoseyo." Baekhyun squeaked. He wanted to ignore the call but he knew it'll be best to pick Luhan's call up, the consequences of not doing so are far worse.

He heard a heavy sigh on the other line. "Luhan's pissed." Baekhyun thought to himself.

After what seemed like forever, Luhan's voice finally answered back. "Where are you?" he asked with a stern tone. Baekhyun felt the seriousness in Luhan's tone.

"I'm on my way Luhan-hyung. I'm sorry I'm coming in late. I had this-" Baekhyun's words were cut off when Luhan interrupted. "I don't need your explanation. I need you here now." Luhan said flatly. "Now make sure you're here in fifteen minutes or I will fire you." he added.

Baekhyun felt his stomach drop to the floor at that. He knew Luhan surely can't fire him but hearing him disappointed and threatening to fire him indicated that he's really pissed off. And he can't blame his boss, out of all nights when he could come in late, it had to be the night when one of their most important clients are served.

"I'm almost there." Baekhyun muttered after finally finding his tongue again. But Luhan was no longer on the line to hear it.

Baekhyun ruffled his hair and slumped on the seat. "Way to go Baekhyun." he sighed.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter