Where I'll Go (To The World You Live)

Where I'll Go (To The World You Live)

It was nearly three in the morning when Minseok tiredly stumbled into the cafe, eyes lazily glaring down at his wristwatch to remind him of the late hour. His suit tie was pulled down to his chest and his milky white undershirt was untucked from the inside of his formal pants, showing off the bad day he had. A simple glance up to where the cash register was made Minseok grimace—somebody else was there, dressed in track pants and a hoodie whilst ordering something along the lines of an iced caramel macchiato in the middle of winter.

 

He waited the minute or so before they went and sat down, their little head-to-toe looks at him going unnoticed. “Americano.” He said quietly as he stepped up and took out his wallet, looking up through his eyelashes at the exhausted worker. “Nothing special.”

 

He eventually looked over his shoulder when he felt someone staring at him, finding the stranger quickly reverting his eyes to his steaming coffee cup. A smile formed on the stranger’s lips. Weird.

 

Minseok looked back to a hot and ready cardboard-like cup that almost burned his fingertips at the touch. He had to admit it was his favorite feeling, as if it boiled away the cold in his soul as he gripped it close to his body.

 

He his heel and took three steps. A barely audible “you can sit here” resonated through his ears and stopped him from moving. “I’m sure you don’t want to be alone this late at night.”

 

“Right.” Minseok answered, hesitantly sitting down after two or so seconds. “Not my ideal choice of a night out.”

 

The stranger smiled and looked up, giving Minseok a full first look at his structure. His eyes were luminous, and the dimly flickering lights of the cheap corner coffee shop did justice on his beautiful features; and not to mention his smile. His angelic smile. It made Minseok smile back. “My names Joonmyun. I don’t come here a lot.”

 

“My names Minseok,” he replied as his finger ran circles on his coffee cup lid. “I do.”

 

At the time, it was just back and forth stories—I came from here, I work over there; but for Minseok and Joonmyun, this was only their beginning. Past the coffee shop and later dates sure to come, for Minseok and Joonmyun, there were plenty more head-to-toe looks going unnoticed and, surely, plenty more ‘I do’s’.